What's new

Faux door

The sticky Mickey’s are available now as sxs tires. But only in the 14” flavor at the moment.

Get that Altered Ego kit yet? :smokin:
No and those fuckers are closed till Jan 4th 22. Starting to feel a little Calmini-ish at the moment. If I don’t have answers Jan 5th I’m going to open a dispute with visa to get my money back.

There is such a huge gap in the mini market for a company that stocks the shit they sell. Trail Tough is awesome and so is Low-Range but they don’t sell higher end stuff for the IFS rigs.

No and those fuckers are closed till Jan 4th 22. Starting to feel a little Calmini-ish at the moment. If I don’t have answers Jan 5th I’m going to open a dispute with visa to get my money back.

There is such a huge gap in the mini market for a company that stocks the shit they sell. Trail Tough is awesome and so is Low-Range but they don’t sell higher end stuff for the IFS rigs.

Let the holidays pass, and be a little patient. Some people actually like to take time off and enjoy life :flipoff2:

The sticky Mickey’s are available now as sxs tires. But only in the 14” flavor at the moment.

For some reason those tires just look terrible to me. Every video I have seen of them, they seem to struggle and the only people touting their horn are getting free ones. Even that demo video, they were spinning a lot at moab.....

Let the holidays pass, and be a little patient. Some people actually like to take time off and enjoy life :flipoff2:
They processed my card payment December 2nd but I placed my order in November. I have to work my ass off to make energy so everyone can buy shit and sit on their ass for Christmas. I want my parts so that on my one day off I can install the dam things. I’m being patient but it’s running thin. They told me two weeks lead time which I found acceptable. 4 weeks I would have had to double think how bad I wanted it. 6 weeks or more I’m going to consider unacceptable to sit on over $1,000 bucks.

They processed my card payment December 2nd but I placed my order in November. I have to work my ass off to make energy so everyone can buy shit and sit on their ass for Christmas. I want my parts so that on my one day off I can install the dam things. I’m being patient but it’s running thin. They told me two weeks lead time which I found acceptable. 4 weeks I would have had to double think how bad I wanted it. 6 weeks or more I’m going to consider unacceptable to sit on over $1,000 bucks.

Well I was mostly kidding, I guess I neglected to look how long ago you ordered.

12/2 is bad juju, that's the same day the other guy ordered the driveshafts parts card was charged.

I only remember that because it's my bday, so obviously all bad :flipoff2:

Get that Altered Ego kit yet? :smokin:

Well we can add A-E to the list of companies that will tell you one thing to get you to place your order and then flip the script once they have the money. I asked for a refund today.

They told me my new lead time is 10 to 12 weeks starting today Jan 5th 2022. They’ve already had my money for a month so that’s 16 weeks lead time? I told them that’s unacceptable to me and I want my money back. If they had told me 10 to 12 to 16 weeks December 1st I would have hard passed. Sucks, I was looking forward to trying their products.

Well we can add A-E to the list of companies that will tell you one thing to get you to place your order and then flip the script once they have the money. I asked for a refund today.

They told me my new lead time is 10 to 12 weeks starting today Jan 5th 2022. They’ve already had my money for a month so that’s 16 weeks lead time? I told them that’s unacceptable to me and I want my money back. If they had told me 10 to 12 to 16 weeks December 1st I would have hard passed. Sucks, I was looking forward to trying their products.

Well dang, probably another came and went zuk company eventually. I know zuk stuff is hard to make money at. But some people need to realize that people don't want to wait that long for stuff. If you really have that many orders, it might be time to think about a small loan to get some production going.

Well dang, probably another came and went zuk company eventually. I know zuk stuff is hard to make money at. But some people need to realize that people don't want to wait that long for stuff. If you really have that many orders, it might be time to think about a small loan to get some production going.
Yup. My rule is 8 weeks and if you don’t have a tracking number on day 59 file your claim with Visa. They probably have great product. But I’m not risking that amount of money on a 4 month bet when I can’t do a claw back past 60 days.

Yup. My rule is 8 weeks and if you don’t have a tracking number on day 59 file your claim with Visa. They probably have great product. But I’m not risking that amount of money on a 4 month bet when I can’t do a claw back past 60 days.

And don't take my fucking money when the shit doesn't even exist. I get a deposit for custom orders, but off the shelf should be charged when it ships.

I dont have a kick here anymore to reference, so bare with me... but I wonder if swapping the lower a-arms side to side would help with the tire clearance? I know the coil spring pad would need to be relocated. It looks like the BJ mount is slightly of to rear of the control arm centerline, which would net a WB increase, if flipped. It would likely add some caster, if the strut wasnt moved also, but maybe that isnt a terrible thing?

Alter ego has terrible customer service. As a shop owner Ive had to order numerous times from them to repair their kits. they will gladly take your money and you wait six weeks for bushing kits and struts and that was before covid.

I dont have a kick here anymore to reference, so bare with me... but I wonder if swapping the lower a-arms side to side would help with the tire clearance? I know the coil spring pad would need to be relocated. It looks like the BJ mount is slightly of to rear of the control arm centerline, which would net a WB increase, if flipped. It would likely add some caster, if the strut wasnt moved also, but maybe that isnt a terrible thing?

Interesting idea.

I do know the 2nd gen arms will push the tire forward a fair amount and possibly make the track width wider. They are a cast or forged 1 piece deal, kinda wierd, but you can get them at the parts store since it's the lower ball joint.

Well after requesting my refund I got a phone call from the owner of AE. I let him talk me out of the refund and to give him a shot at fulfilling the order. I told him if they would be willing to send the coil springs immediately I would wait for the rest. They agreed and got me a tracking number immediately. Tracking shows the stuff is in Denver and I should have the new springs this week.

The a-arms he promised in 2 to 4 weeks not 10 to 12 so we’ll see. Fingers crossed they can make it happen

Well after requesting my refund I got a phone call from the owner of AE. I let him talk me out of the refund and to give him a shot at fulfilling the order. I told him if they would be willing to send the coil springs immediately I would wait for the rest. They agreed and got me a tracking number immediately. Tracking shows the stuff is in Denver and I should have the new springs this week.

The a-arms he promised in 2 to 4 weeks not 10 to 12 so we’ll see. Fingers crossed they can make it happen

I can appreciate them reaching out, shows they actually care. Seems everyones biggest issue is getting employees.

I'm curious what you think of all their stuff, it all looked and sounded good to me when I had my ifs.

Got the rest of the parts yesterday. A-arms seem very good quality. Parts will go on the rig hopefully in the next 2 weeks but right now I’m in crunch time for the next race in 3 weeks and I have to work 2 weeks straight starting tomorrow

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I totally understand how expensive it is to manufacture quality stuff these days, but damn those are simple for the cost. :laughing:

Oh well, they're proven and look nice. How thick do you think the tubing is?

My beat up low rider has elevation again. So nice to have uptravel in the rear again. The altered ego stuff seems to work/mix flawlessly with the calmini stuff. Definitely moved the front tires forward. FleshEater I’m happy to report that after a 5 month circus I finally have it all back together and ready to party. Did a little extra work and made everything grease able. Fit is good, rides so much better than it had been the last couple years on clapped out springs.
3D139271-3F98-44F4-875E-F4B17D570CAA.jpeg
0CC66BA5-28EF-4354-AEBF-F576C4302676.jpeg
A55CCAD9-1942-4B83-8FA6-56ADA1F0173D.jpeg
2B9A319C-6A74-4007-A5B3-94CC95213A56.jpeg
1AF83CBA-42EA-421D-87F6-C9C65574FBE2.jpeg

My beat up low rider has elevation again. So nice to have uptravel in the rear again. The altered ego stuff seems to work/mix flawlessly with the calmini stuff. Definitely moved the front tires forward. FleshEater I’m happy to report that after a 5 month circus I finally have it all back together and ready to party. Did a little extra work and made everything grease able. Fit is good, rides so much better than it had been the last couple years on clapped out springs.
3D139271-3F98-44F4-875E-F4B17D570CAA.jpeg
0CC66BA5-28EF-4354-AEBF-F576C4302676.jpeg
A55CCAD9-1942-4B83-8FA6-56ADA1F0173D.jpeg
2B9A319C-6A74-4007-A5B3-94CC95213A56.jpeg
1AF83CBA-42EA-421D-87F6-C9C65574FBE2.jpeg

It doesnt look as tall as I thought it would. Good to know it was money well spent!

Top Back Refresh