What's new

Faux door

Those other tires you listed look great.

I wouldn’t run that old ITP, personally.

My next set of tires for the Geo will just be General ATx in 265/70R15. I think it’s like 29.5” but a legal street tire.

Lame, you'll hate them offroad. No way you drive it enough to need an at.

The Pagonia SXT you like?

I have no interest in running LT tires on a geo anymore. I’m a huge fan of the lighter SXS tires and their kick ass tread compound.

If you don't want to try a new tire, I'd buy the 3 and give it a shot. You'll know quick if that old tire is junk and worst case you have to buy a 4th?

Lame, you'll hate them offroad. No way you drive it enough to need an at.

If you don't want to try a new tire, I'd buy the 3 and give it a shot. You'll know quick if that old tire is junk and worst case you have to buy a 4th?
There’s only a couple other tires that come in 30x15’s. The blackwaters are still the best value per tire in that size. Super ATV XT warrior is $100 more per tire for their 30x15. The carnivore doesn’t come in 30”, I think it’d suit my needs better but they won’t fit. The SXT isn’t as aggressive as I’d like.

These k9 supergrip are cool looking. 35x10x15. Never seen them perform, but to the touch they feel super gummy/sticky. I think they make them in smaller sizes as well. Almost makes me wanna put them on my samurai… I am going wheeling with my friend who owns this x3 next weekend so I will report back.
18AE891C-6C08-4F5E-8825-F3C420839317.jpeg
164A2A4D-19F4-4B71-A5BB-B716CC60E29B.jpeg
46988BB2-1149-477A-A22F-AB2927F0FA0A.jpeg
72FA10C1-57CC-44D7-97A2-848954F9A742.jpeg

Bump. Finally found the end of life for the ITP’s. Just my luck as tires are up in price. 6 years of using them on a vehicle they weren’t meant for. Driving them on pavement at 80 mph for hundreds of miles at a time which they aren’t meant for. No idea how many miles but I’ve had more fun on these than I thought I would. Would have been in use 7 years in December. Weather checking has hit at just about the same time as I ran out of tread so no disappointment there.

The 80mph stuff has been what's keeping me from putting SxS tires on my Lesbarus but if it worked for you for 6yr but with a review like that I might have to try a set.

What's the GVW on your tracker?

The 80mph stuff has been what's keeping me from putting SxS tires on my Lesbarus but if it worked for you for 6yr but with a review like that I might have to try a set.

What's the GVW on your tracker?
I think it weighs #2600 pounds before people get in. I’ve had 1150 pounds of people in it many times. These particular tires are 8 ply rated for 1,000 pounds each so I’m right on the edge of max rating.

I think it weighs #2600 pounds before people get in. I’ve had 1150 pounds of people in it many times. These particular tires are 8 ply rated for 1,000 pounds each so I’m right on the edge of max rating.
So 2900lb Lesbaru with 300lb of driver and stuff at 80mph should be fine. I pretty much never crack 65 when I'm actually loaded heavy in those cars (too much sway).

Are those bias or radial?

My Terrabites are DOT approved. Road manners aren’t the best, but probably comparable to those ITP’s.

Rolled the dice on that brand new spare. Couldn’t talk myself into spending $800 to $1000 for tires when I could be into for $540.
FF989FB6-6628-4D76-8434-B49BFACE1F43.jpeg

I didn’t realize how much sxs tires increased in price.
Everything I’m interested in other than these are over $200 a tire and I’d have to buy all 4. So 3 at $170 and the 4th is free seems like a no brainer.

Unless the free one blows up in a month and I have to buy another new one and then have 4 brand new tires a little more aggressive than I really need.

It's hard to believe those tires do well on dry rock, and also that they lasted this long.
It really is. I see guys running those down in WV for mud.

I thought about buying a spare, but at $184 for a tire, no way. I’ll just carry a handful of plugs.

Knock on wood, my carnivores have been to hell and back on 3 very different rugs without issue. Imo a spare tire is largely unnecessary for most rigs these days.

I take it wheeling Moab slickrock all the time. It crawls stuff with out a slip that the JKs on 35’s gotta spin up. I think vehicle weight has a lot to do with that but the tires certainly have to help.

6F2FAEE5-62EB-430A-8D66-BA16E260F77A.jpeg

I’m terrible about stopping for pictures so I have no evidence. I was showing off for the wife while she was still a girlfriend and ripped the exhaust out of it crawling potato salad hill in it. When I broke over the top it snagged the muffler on the stone and I just let it crawl so I didn’t have to back up or get in a bind.

Found a set of black spoke wheels for $20 bucks. 15x7 with 3” of back spacing. Thought they were probably white spokes rattle canned black but someone’s either had them blasted and powder coated or they came black. Either way they gave me just enough more clearance that the tires shouldn’t rub on the upper a-arm anymore. One look and I’m not sad about having to buy tires for it anymore.

I put the new old spare on the driver front so I can keep an eye on it. It’ll be pretty hard to get in and drive it with out looking at the tire.

Man that’s a score finding those!

Is it just me or does it seem like off road used parts are getting harder to find? I feel like 12 years ago everyone had mud tires or old steel wheels for sale.

Is it just me or does it seem like off road used parts are getting harder to find? I feel like 12 years ago everyone had mud tires or old steel wheels for sale.

The 20"+ wheel trend didn't help. I remember when you could get decent tires of a big street truck and they were either 15s or 16.5s. Everything I've found in the last ~5 years that's cheap and looks runnable, is for a 20 or 22.:homer:

The 20"+ wheel trend didn't help. I remember when you could get decent tires of a big street truck and they were either 15s or 16.5s. Everything I've found in the last ~5 years that's cheap and looks runnable, is for a 20 or 22.:homer:
Yep. It’s all we put on the trucks in the shop. It looks fawkin’ stoopid.

It’s definitely getting more difficult and I think it’s because of what YotaAtieToo said.
Yeah, finding 15’s or 16’s new or used is a nightmare anymore. 5 years ago Summit still had black D hole cheapo’s for $50 each in 15X7 with 2” back space in 5 on 5 1/2. I can’t find those anywhere now.

Last edited:
It’s definitely getting more difficult and I think it’s because of what YotaAtieToo said.

Yeah, finding 15’s or 16’s new or used is a nightmare anymore

I don't really bother. Almost anything I need crawler/4wd wise, I just reach out to people who I know have shit. Craigslist and fb are useless. There seems to be little difference between North ID and Northern CA either. Norcal had more shit listed, but was over priced. Even if you find what you want, 90% of people don't respond back. :homer:

I gave up on used tires a long time ago.

There seems to be little difference between North ID and Northern CA either. Norcal had more shit listed, but was over priced. Even if you find what you want, 90% of people don't respond back.
I'm sure that has absolutely nothing to do with all the Commiefornians that have moved to Idaho. :shaking:

Seems like yet another case of the "good ones" being not so good.

I'm sure that has absolutely nothing to do with all the Commiefornians that have moved to Idaho. :shaking:

Seems like yet another case of the "good ones" being not so good.
You're right, I'm sure every person on fb market place or Craigslist was originally from CA. :homer:

Where I'm at, it's still newspaper classifieds, yardsales and hand written pieces of paper on a billboard at the diner. :smokin:

Top Back Refresh