What's new

***Fail***

Seems like someone should have gotten a little higher than the truck , maybe by using one of those cool truck ladders they have, and hosing it down from above. But what do I know?
Exactly my thought. Or, they're firemen, they do what they want- climb on top of a local car.

And quit turning the hose off. Although I only scrubbed through the video, it seemed like they'd spray it for 30 seconds, give up and scratch their balls, then go back for another little squirt. They coulda filled up the damn truck in the time that video ran!

Exactly my thought. Or, they're firemen, they do what they want- climb on top of a local car.

And quit turning the hose off. Although I only scrubbed through the video, it seemed like they'd spray it for 30 seconds, give up and scratch their balls, then go back for another little squirt. They coulda filled up the damn truck in the time that video ran!
They're firemen. Nobody tells them what to do and if anyone suggests anything they'll huff and puff and not do whatever the suggestion was because they're firemen and nobody tells them what to do. Basically same way of thinking as you get with cops.

Almost forgot to post this. What looked like trash was left where the truck burned.
1000003926.jpg

They're firemen. Nobody tells them what to do and if anyone suggests anything they'll huff and puff and not do whatever the suggestion was because they're firemen and nobody tells them what to do. Basically same way of thinking as you get with cops.
They needed a guy with a water truck to solve the problem for them.:lmao:

I've worked around many firemen, and that's a great description. :stirthepot:

Pretty amazing that the ship was refloated.

you might be surprised what get rebuild and put back into service. some of the wa ferries are super old riveted together structures with newer stiffeners and skins on them. kinda a trip to work on.
there are more vessels than you'd think that the paperwork on them is more valuable than the boat itself. can cost allot less to fix up a shit boat that already has papers than to build new and hope gov gives you permission to use it.

and that thing probably mostly refloated itself when the next tide came up. not hard to seal up the holes good enough when you can let it go dry like that. screw or glue some plywood over the holes and she'll float well enough to get to a shipyard. it can be really impressive seeing some of the work boats when they come out.

I've worked on a barge that the hull was so bad 8 trash pumps couldn't keep it floating.... we beached it and opened all the hatches we could. then the next low tide we pumped 40yds of concrete into it. by the time the tide came back in we were floating and only pumping voids as needed.

allot of ways to do it.

you might be surprised what get rebuild and put back into service. some of the wa ferries are super old riveted together structures with newer stiffeners and skins on them. kinda a trip to work on.
there are more vessels than you'd think that the paperwork on them is more valuable than the boat itself. can cost allot less to fix up a shit boat that already has papers than to build new and hope gov gives you permission to use it.

and that thing probably mostly refloated itself when the next tide came up. not hard to seal up the holes good enough when you can let it go dry like that. screw or glue some plywood over the holes and she'll float well enough to get to a shipyard. it can be really impressive seeing some of the work boats when they come out.

I've worked on a barge that the hull was so bad 8 trash pumps couldn't keep it floating.... we beached it and opened all the hatches we could. then the next low tide we pumped 40yds of concrete into it. by the time the tide came back in we were floating and only pumping voids as needed.

allot of ways to do it.

Tide range is 30 feet in Alaska :eek:

haahhahaha holy shit that's the best thing I've heard all day

haahhahaha holy shit that's the best thing I've heard all day
most fun i've ever had working for someone else. Rolley came up with the idea, he was 80ish years old at the time, none of us thought it would work. it worked way better than we could imagine.

floating this thing was mostly for an epa inspection. when we passed, it was put where it was wanted and sunk again. still used to this day as a dock of sorts.

get on Google maps, type in 'similk bay'. you'll see 'turners bay' up in there. at that head is where it is. the marine construction place my brother still works, and the whole place is the end of a rail line where the timber industry dumped logs to float off to mills.

the shop at the head of the bay is known by all that have worked there (small time stuff no more than 8-10 guys most of the time) as the WUB. Worlds Ugliest Building. an all osb coverd POS... it very nice now. I started there out of college putting metal sheeting on the place for the same contractor I built house for all thru school. turned into the funnest job i've ever had, pile bucking. spud motors running wood clutches, 2stroke air start/reverse tugs, and all. i'd still work there if I could make the $ I need to, my brother still does. (he's a nicer person, and more likeable. as far as hourly workers go. me I gotta go when I want to. if the job takes longer b/c reason I told you..... i'm out. my fun time doens't account for stupidity)

Top Back Refresh