What's new

***Fail***

4191713810132.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen an 80's cast or forged Ford TTB. Every one I've owned has been stamped. Maybe the stamped ones all rusted away in your area? :confused::laughing:
TTB implies 4X. Those are all stamped. Those look like 2X stamped beams. Up to 85 F150 had forged beams. I have never seen those before, but they are not early 80's F150.

I don't think I've ever seen an 80's cast or forged Ford TTB. Every one I've owned has been stamped. Maybe the stamped ones all rusted away in your area? :confused::laughing:
The 4wd ones don’t rust out so why would 2wd ones rust out? I’ve never seen a stamped 2wd beam. Though clearly the linked parts diagram implies they exist.

That'll happen :lmao:

How not to cut your hood.png

This kind of thing makes me so fucking happy! I love it when "car guys" just want to do it themselves because they are "car guys" and don't want to pay a pro.

In the end it cost them 10x. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

And also, it's two different hoods, so whatever.

This kind of thing makes me so fucking happy! I love it when "car guys" just want to do it themselves because they are "car guys" and don't want to pay a pro.

You sure? Tape tears look pretty identical but I’m no photoshop expert.

It makes me warm and fuzzy inside to know that I'm not the only one who cuts on the wrong side of the line.

You meant to post that on GJ, right? :rainbow:

Wrecking shit because we're out of our depth is SOP here. Now, coffee break's over- time for me to get back to changing tires with forged-out concrete stakes. Because who needs to buy the right tool, when you can spend just as much and a whole bunch of time for an inferior result? :homer:

You sure? Tape tears look pretty identical but I’m no photoshop expert.
I'm pretty sure. The hoods are two different colors, and there is a body line missing in the second pic

You meant to post that on GJ, right? :rainbow:

Wrecking shit because we're out of our depth is SOP here. Now, coffee break's over- time for me to get back to changing tires with forged-out concrete stakes. Because who needs to buy the right tool, when you can spend just as much and a whole bunch of time for an inferior result?

And I'm pretty sure that SOP around here is making fun of people when they fuck up. So I'm sorry for making fun of your boyfriend, but he botched that hood pin job pretty bad.

I'm pretty sure. The hoods are two different colors, and there is a body line missing in the second pic

And I'm pretty sure that SOP around here is making fun of people when they fuck up. So I'm sorry for making fun of your boyfriend, but he botched that hood pin job pretty bad.
Cameras pick up colors different based on changes in lighting when not adjusted to compensate.

It's the same hood.

Same hood. Body line seems missing because it's a different angle and closer. As for the colors, different camera? phone? lighting? who fucking knows? This part is for sure. This truck is in my shop and the colors in the photos change on a whim.
hood1.png

As you were.

:lmao:

Same hood. Body line seems missing because it's a different angle and closer. As for the colors, different camera? phone? lighting? who fucking knows? This part is for sure. This truck is in my shop and the colors in the photos change on a whim.
hood1.png

As you were.

ThaTs noT THe SaMe TruCK! ToP ONe hAs nO "FORD" BaDGiNg!:laughing:

I too have never seen a stamped steel 2 Wheel Dr., Ford I-beam. maybe they sent all them out west so they wouldn’t rust away and saved the forged ones for the East coasters.

Likely that 80s era where they had the cheeser frames and all the other weight saving ideas for fuel economies.

Cutting on the wrong side of the line… I got $100 car in 96 I didn’t reassemble the sunroof properly and then the glass flew off. I pick up a new larger sunroof at pick and pull for 10 bucks. I was so excited I also cut the whole too fucking big.

hood1.png

As you were.

That was my thougths and i started to type it out, but then i thought, well shit i dont care enough to pick the fight.

How do pros get to be pros? Born out of mommies vagina with the knowledge of being a pro body guy? :shaking:

. I can generally fuck something up 2 or 3 times for the cost of paying a "pro" to fuck it up for me.

. I can generally fuck something up 2 or 3 times for the cost of paying a "pro" to fuck it up for me.
Yep, my attitude on any project is how much will it cost if I totally fuck this up. If I can live with the answer I get to it.

I won’t finish concrete, the answer to that question is way too high on anything larger than a small sidewalk.

All that shit ain't cheap. You get someone like that talking about the work they got, the work they wanna do (which is stupid easy because they love to talk about that sort of stuff), etc and it should be pretty easy to tease out whether they're capable of holding a job or just massively irresponsible when they do have money.

All that shit ain't cheap. You get someone like that talking about the work they got, the work they wanna do (which is stupid easy because they love to talk about that sort of stuff), etc and it should be pretty easy to tease out whether they're capable of holding a job or just massively irresponsible when they do have money.
Yeah, it’s all about wether or not they can hold a job down :laughing::homer:

Edit: I’m not talking about working at Waffle House kind of employment either.

Edit: I’m not talking about working at Waffle House kind of employment either.
Not sure whatever else that kind of person would be applying for. :laughing:

People who get above that sort of level don't tend to turn around and shoot themselves in the foot with stuff like face tats.

Top Back Refresh