What's new

***Fail***

Propane or not, I'd probably pay $20 in a heartbeat for an old Coleman in good shape. :D

Garage sale price is 5-10 bucks for a Coleman white gas stove. Usually about 15-20 in parts and paint and you can have them basically back to new. They'll burn dang near anything that's liquid and flammable.

On one hand, use what you got, but on the other, I'd rather just use a shovel if given the option;

wtf.peterborough.u.firefighter_82.jpg

What exactly is going on there? How would that trailer dump bed even work before it broke? It looks like the X braced tarp holder at the rear would prevent the gate from opening. Trailer doesn't look anything like the typical dump trailer 10 wheelers around here pull behind them.

:confused:

What exactly is going on there? How would that trailer dump bed even work before it broke? It looks like the X braced tarp holder at the rear would prevent the gate from opening. Trailer doesn't look anything like the typical dump trailer 10 wheelers around here pull behind them.

:confused:

that is more than likely a transfer

the bed on the trailer will transfer to the truck and then in the truck take it to dump after dropping the trailer somewhere close. It slides in on rails and pins in

There are specialized trailers that allow the dump bed to be hydraulically shoved into the empty bed of the dump truck.

Me too, you wont see that kind of faggotry down south though. Just shove 24 yds in one truck and send it.

Here in Michigan we build Michigan specials with a 3 axle lead and a 5 axle pup and plate the suckers for up to 160,000lbs.

So how is all that better than just having a dump bed on a trailer? Seems to me it would be easier to just back up the trailer, dump it, then park it, dump the truck bed, hook the trailer back up and roll on instead of all that messing around and having a smaller bed, not to mention the complicated bed on the main truck to allow it to open up like that. Seems like a lot of over complicated shit made out of aluminum that could easily be damaged and not work anymore.

Not sure how I feel about cranking the starter from behind the vehicle either. Appears to be a good way for accidents to happen.

So how is all that better than just having a dump bed on a trailer? Seems to me it would be easier to just back up the trailer, dump it, then park it, dump the truck bed, hook the trailer back up and roll on instead of all that messing around and having a smaller bed, not to mention the complicated bed on the main truck to allow it to open up like that. Seems like a lot of over complicated shit made out of aluminum that could easily be damaged and not work anymore.

Not sure how I feel about cranking the starter from behind the vehicle either. Appears to be a good way for accidents to happen.

Back up a trailer you say? :laughing:

They are great for getting into tight spots. My property for example you would never get a truck and trailer that size in. The drop the transfer down the road in a big turn out and come dump the load out of the truck and then go grab the transfer. It allows me to order 25t of base at a time instead of 12 and still pay the standard $200 delivery fee

They are great for getting into tight spots. My property for example you would never get a truck and trailer that size in. The drop the transfer down the road in a big turn out and come dump the load out of the truck and then go grab the transfer. It allows me to order 25t of base at a time instead of 12 and still pay the standard $200 delivery fee

Again, I am not meaning a road tractor and trailer, just a normal dump truck with a pintle trailer behind with a dump body on it like the truck.

Again, I am not meaning a road tractor and trailer, just a normal dump truck with a pintle trailer behind with a dump body on it like the truck.

Nothing wrong with them at all but here in California there is a tone of really tight roads, property's, trees everywhere, and general areas where using a trailer isnt feesable. Also some long distances between quarrys.

I have 5 acres and because of the layout the closest you could get is maybe 100 yards with a pintel trailer without it being a huge pita.

I'm also not sure that a transfer trailer isnt considerably lighter and cheaper both to buy and maintain then a dump trailer that will hawil15t of material

What is wrong with backing up a trailer? I don't mean one on a dolly, just a normal pintle. Much like they do around here with log trucks.

You simply can't swing a turn into as narrow of a space. The trailer will always track inside the truck increasing the effective width of the vehicle when turning. It's not a problem in open areas but when you have a tight as fuck construction site on a highway median or you're trying to work in a shithole city it gets to be a pain. It's also a far bigger relative pain on large trucks than it is on light trucks because large trucks generally have enough steering angle they can just about pivot around the center of the rear axle so you're increasing the effective width more compared to just the truck alone when you add a trailer to an MDT or HDT than you are when you're hooking up a dump trailer to a DRW 1-ton.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with them at all but here in California there is a tone of really tight roads, property's, trees everywhere, and general areas where using a trailer isnt feesable. Also some long distances between quarrys.

I have 5 acres and because of the layout the closest you could get is maybe 100 yards with a pintel trailer without it being a huge pita.

I'm also not sure that a transfer trailer isnt considerably lighter and cheaper both to buy and maintain then a dump trailer that will hawil15t of material

it's a very regional thing.

here in the midwest you don't see them, we just build bigger dumptrucks. We don't have tight mountain roads, or properties with giant grades that you have to negotiate. lots of places for your big ass 14 wheeled dump truck to turn around.

once you get out west the whole trucking industry changes equipment I found.
kingpin length restrictions? first time I ever saw that sign was on CA 49.
They wouldn't have all that bullshit if it wasn't needed to get shit where it is supposed to go.

Reactions: Clb

I think it's pretty close to a wash to compare a big fuckin multi stage piston and a pivot vs a bunch of little rolling things, a chain and a bunch of extra pins and latches.

because some locations can only fit a single dump truck with no trailer, so they park the trailer and go dump then come back and put the trailer inside the larger dump on the truck and then go dump again.

super dumps are typically cheaper on big jobs though

it's a very regional thing.

here in the midwest you don't see them, we just build bigger dumptrucks. We don't have tight mountain roads, or properties with giant grades that you have to negotiate. lots of places for your big ass 14 wheeled dump truck to turn around.

once you get out west the whole trucking industry changes equipment I found.
kingpin length restrictions? first time I ever saw that sign was on CA 49.
They wouldn't have all that bullshit if it wasn't needed to get shit where it is supposed to go.

Very much regional. I didn't even know they made concrete trucks with the chute going over the driver's head and the reversed mixer drum. First time I saw the pic I thought it was in some foreign country. Nope, just not common in CA.

Very much regional. I didn't even know they made concrete trucks with the chute going over the driver's head and the reversed mixer drum. First time I saw the pic I thought it was in some foreign country. Nope, just not common in CA.

yeah, and those are the norm for the local concrete place.
the big ass trucks with a driven front axle and giant super singles up front. Cause mud is a much bigger problem here than actually fitting your truck some place.

l.jpg

Top Back Refresh