What's new

Dwight Yoakem 63yo has 1st Baby with 36yo Gal.

If the woman you are with didn't watch the same cartoons as a kid... it's gonna be awkward at some point.

:laughing:

Didn't know I'd hurt so many feelers :flipoff2:

How can you not see my point? He'll be 81 when the kid graduates high school, if he makes it, there is a good chance he'll die before that. How is that not selfish?

hows that any worse than growing up without a dad at all?

:laughing:

Didn't know I'd hurt so many feelers :flipoff2:

How can you not see my point? He'll be 81 when the kid graduates high school, if he makes it, there is a good chance he'll die before that. How is that not selfish?

The hurt feelers had me laughing this morning. Hell, 36 is up there if you ask me.

hows that any worse than growing up without a dad at all?

Where in the fuck did I say that? I've never met my dad, it sucks. But you also don't know what you're missing. I didn't have to deal with loosing a parent as a kid either.

Hey dad wanna go play catch? No I can't, because I'm 78 fucking years old and I might hurt myself.

The hurt feelers had me laughing this morning. Hell, 36 is up there if you ask me.

Ya, I think so too, but that's the new normal. At least at 36, you should make it past high school :laughing:

My sister was 36 with her first kid... last one at 41 :eek:
I think she's nuts... just turned fifty, her oldest is 14, then 12, then 10.
Hell no!

Fawk that. I basically adopted a couple at 40~ ish, but they were already in High School, or starting. Me, personally... I wouldn't have had kids this late in the game. No way, no how... nope.

My sister was 36 with her first kid... last one at 41 :eek:
I think she's nuts... just turned fifty, her oldest is 14, then 12, then 10.
Hell no!

Fawk that. I basically adopted a couple at 40~ ish, but they were already in High School, or starting. Me, personally... I wouldn't have had kids this late in the game. No way, no how... nope.

Ya, not for me. My mom was 30 and 33 with me and my sister. Her parents were 70 and 72 when I was born. I never really connected with them. I was a huge difference with my wife's family. Her mom was 20 and 23 with her sister and her. Then her sister and her had kids in their 20s, so their dad was 47 when he became a grampa and her mom was 44 or 45.

I think my grandma was older than my wife's great grandmother :laughing:

The way all this kids have bonded with their grandparents is awesome to me.

Don't get me wrong, we have some friends who didn't have kids until they were in their late 30s early 40s and they seem to be happy being parents. I still stand by having kids in your 60s is selfish.

My dad was like 35 and mum was 18 or so when they hooked up. He was 40 when he had me, dad was 55 when my youngest sister was born. I don’t know what he/they were thinking. That is super old to be having kids, screw that.

That’s why I got fixed at 38 or so it would suck to be raising a baby while socking away for retirement.

My dad was like 35 and mum was 18 or so when they hooked up. He was 40 when he had me, dad was 55 when my youngest sister was born. I don’t know what he/they were thinking. That is super old to be having kids, screw that.

That’s why I got fixed at 38 or so it would suck to be raising a baby while socking away for retirement.

That's just your personal perspective. Don't ASSume that others feel the same as you. It's a decision between them and none of your business.
IMO if that's what they want, go for it, as it doesn't impact me in the slightest.

Thank you for respecting that which you don't like. Even if you're still wrong.

​​​​​​This is my favorite movie scene of all time and is deleted from most versions of slingblade starting at 1:30.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=npHBfpWWADQ#menu

“Yea pretty much” :laughing:

ive never seen that scene before and I remember watching that movie back before everything got pussified

Fuck that, you're an asshole if you have a kid at that age. You know there is a really high chance you won't be around for even high school, much less anything beyond that. Selfish move.

You have a point for sure.

My mom and dad had me in their late 20’s. Cancer made it impossible for him to attend my full H.S. Graduation. Shit happens and if you live in fear of dying, and playing the what if game, you will never truly live. I was 40 when we had our 2nd son. Fuck the haters. :flipoff2:

To each his own I guess.

I'm 58 and the last thing I'd want in my life is a screaming crotch fruit with a blown out diaper running around the house. Fuck that, it's my turn to move in with one of my kids and shit myself on their bed, eat their food, make them pay my bail and wander down the street wearing only my socks.

You 2 are dense :rolleyes:​​​​​​

I guess I'll explain it for the 3rd time.

Hell be 68 when he's 5, he'll be 73 when he's 10. You remember how much fun a 73 year old was when you were 10? :laughing:

The biggest thing though is that there is a good chance that kid will loose his or her dad at a very young age. Imo that shows they weren't thinking about the kid, they were only thinking about themselves.

Never said I don't approve, people can do whatever they want, just the same as I can say they're dumb for doing it.

Hell be 68 when he's 5, he'll be 73 when he's 10. You remember how much fun a 73 year old was when you were 10? :laughing:

The biggest thing though is that there is a good chance that kid will loose his or her dad at a very young age. Imo that shows they weren't thinking about the kid, they were only thinking about themselves.

Never said I don't approve, people can do whatever they want, just the same as I can say they're dumb for doing it.

So it is wrong because you say it is wrong. We get it you’re the final say. Sorry we aren’t all knowing and wise like you. :flipoff2::stirthepot:

It's about the music. They want to make beautiful music together, then get it on.

Just don't share playlists or you're fawked.

So it is wrong because you say it is wrong. We get it you’re the final say. Sorry we aren’t all knowing and wise like you. :flipoff2::stirthepot:

I didn't say it was wrong. I said selfish.

Since when did a difference in opinions get some people so offended on here?

I don't see why saying it's selfish is so far fetched. Have you ever known someone who was raised by old parents?

Y'all arguing over somebody else having sex/fucking is not as surprising as I thought it would be :laughing:

To each his own I guess.

I'm 58 and the last thing I'd want in my life is a screaming crotch fruit with a blown out diaper running around the house. Fuck that, it's my turn to move in with one of my kids and shit myself on their bed, eat their food, make them pay my bail and wander down the street wearing only my socks.

:lmao:

Suggest checking inside your fenceline for maximum density :flipoff2:

You're assuming your personal biases as facts in this scenario. Take a step back, and hopefully you'll see it.

What if he's energetic, engaged, and loving to his family until he locks up at 98 while still sharp as a tack?

What if he and his wife wanted a child, knowing that none of the sentence above was remotely possible?

What if they have ensured financial and physical security for their child, whom they love more than anything?

Do you realize that not all fathers are a positive presence in their childrens' lives? There are bad dads.

Is a loving dad alive for only your formative years worse than a piece of shit around for your whole life?

I try to take all assumptions & biases out of this, and I conclude that it's their life to live, hopefully well.

I didn't say it was wrong. I said selfish.

Since when did a difference in opinions get some people so offended on here?

I don't see why saying it's selfish is so far fetched. Have you ever known someone who was raised by old parents?

What if the kid will be raised by loving, active, energetic parents; along with a staff of servants, in a charmed life?

You're assuming these folks fall into a stereotype you've developed based on folks you know.

Maybe you don't know shit about that couple. I assume that I don't.

Suggest checking inside your fenceline for maximum density :flipoff2:

You're assuming your personal biases as facts in this scenario. Take a step back, and hopefully you'll see it.

What if he's energetic, engaged, and loving to his family until he locks up at 98 while still sharp as a tack?

What if he and his wife wanted a child, knowing that none of the sentence above was remotely possible?

What if they have ensured financial and physical security for their child, whom they love more than anything?

Do you realize that not all fathers are a positive presence in their childrens' lives? There are bad dads.

Is a loving dad alive for only your formative years worse than a piece of shit around for your whole life?

I try to take all assumptions & biases out of this, and I conclude that it's their life to live, hopefully well.

What if the kid will be raised by loving, active, energetic parents; along with a staff of servants, in a charmed life?

You're assuming these folks fall into a stereotype you've developed based on folks you know.

Maybe you don't know shit about that couple. I assume that I don't.

Well thank you for at least having valid points.:flipoff2:

Yes, there is a chance that he will live to be 100 and be active and sharp the whole time. Odds are that's not going to be the case. There is a high chance that he won't be there when the kid graduates HS and an extremely high chance that he'll never see his grandkids.

Not all dads are a positive presence? Did you miss where I said I've never met mine? :laughing: yes I realize that not all dads are rainbows and unicorns.

I see all your points, like I said, my opinion is that having a kid that late in life is selfish. Sorry if that wads up some panties on here :laughing:

Sorry if that wads up some panties on here :laughing:

No wadding occurring here, I was just trying to help you see that you're arguing your opinions as fact.

Recognizing your biases and applying critical thinking is key to not going off the PAE deep end :laughing:

Did you miss where I said I've never met mine? :laughing:
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

That is specifically why I brought up the points that dads are not automatically good.

Your viewpoint is steeped in the assumption that one is.

EDIT: not to downplay all the other assumptions you made - they suck just as much :flipoff2:

Last edited:
No wadding occurring here, I was just trying to help you see that you're arguing your opinions as fact.

Recognizing your biases and applying critical thinking is key to not going off the PAE deep end :laughing:

That is specifically why I brought up the points that dads are not automatically good.

Your viewpoint is steeped in the assumption that one is.

I was referring to a few others getting bent out of shape.

I get what you're saying about some dads being shit heads, but if we can't assume that he's going to be mostly positive, then there is no argument really. If he's a shit dad and old, the kids really fucked :laughing:

Top Back Refresh