What's new

Do you regret getting the vaccine?

Yes. Entirely new. As in the first time it has ever been used

we studied nuclear bombs and they were in development way before they were entirely new and detonated for the first time
Jesus Fucking Christ.

The first nuclear explosion was carried out about two weeks before the first actual bomb was tested.
The first nuclear bomb was constructed days before it was dropped on Japan.
The first stable nuclear chain reaction occurred less than three years before that.

mRNA was first successfully delivered, and created its target proteins, in 1989.

I know, I know, exactly the same... :shaking:

The government is directly working with facebook and other social media’s sites to flag posts they they deem misinformation. This includes posts by doctors as well as ordinary citizens. They are telling social media what to censor. How would people feel if Verizon or AT&T interrupted a phone call to inform you that you are saying thing deemed untrue by the government and you have been banned for a week from making calls. Thats is exactly what they are doing But with twitter and Facebook.
I'll stay away from the private business line, because you're probably sick of hearing it. Telecoms like AT&T and Verizon are deemed essential service providers by the US government. Twitter and Facebook are not. I have loads of friend who do not have or use either platform and it's nowhere near the same realm as not having or using a cell phone or land line.

I have two questions about your argument-

Way back when American was Great, before internet access, how did everyone make sure they were an informed and free of government censorship?

If the government is censoring everything, how were you able to find out about it?

Its the government directly violating the 1st amendment thats the problem. The right to free speech is to protect the people from the government, not protect people from what they dont want to hear.
Is Facebook censorship the result of some law?

I'm pretty well on the fence when it comes to censorship on social media. I like freedom of speech, but I don't like liars, and when lies end up affecting people adversely, it's time to at least point out those lies as such.

Jesus Fucking Christ.

The first nuclear explosion was carried out about two weeks before the first actual bomb was tested.
The first stable nuclear chain reaction occurred less than three years before that.

mRNA was first successfully delivered, and created its target proteins, in 1989.

I’ll just let this simmer

I'll stay away from the private business line, because you're probably sick of hearing it. Telecoms like AT&T and Verizon are deemed essential service providers by the US government. Twitter and Facebook are not. I have loads of friend who do not have or use either platform and it's nowhere near the same realm as not having or using a cell phone or land line.

Way back when American was Great, before internet access, how did everyone make sure they were an informed and free of government censorship?

If the government is censoring everything, how were you able to find out about it?
You don’t think facebook and twitter are modern telcoms?

Zero regrets. Got the Moderna which has shown to be effective against Delta. But but but, lots of people with the vaccine have tested positive. No shit? Very few of the vaccinated have ended up in the hospital and/or dying from it. It's risk management, not risk elimination.

Real question, since it was developed with funding under Project Warp Speed and funded by the Trump Administration, why aren't more of us on the right taking it? It's not like uncle Joe and Aunt Kamala paid for it.

Jesus Fucking Christ.

And there were quite a few unintended consequences from above ground nuclear testing in the US because no one had considered all the ramifications of what blowing a nuclear bomb up in our backyard would do. It took them until 1950 to realize that they were blowing radioactivity all over the atmosphere and that wasn't good for people. We didn't get a worldwide ban on above ground testing until 1963- 18 years after the first test in 1945.

No ragerts here, either. COVID kicked my ass but getting the shot was no big deal with no issues afterwards. I’d eagerly get a dozen booster shots if it meant not going through the beer flu again. Everyone has a different experience with it though.

The white house press secretary said it dirring a press conference...

No, I do not.

You don't need an account for either to land a job, pay your bills, get a mortgage, or get help in an emergency.
Well thats not the argument the obama administration made for 8 years on why it was necessary to guve everybody a phone and free internet because so many businesses ise social medai as their primary form of communication.

Well thats not the argument the obama administration made for 8 years on why it was necessary to guve everybody a phone and free internet because so many businesses ise social medai as their primary form of communication.
It may surprise you to learn this, but I have never worked for the Obama administration.

It may surprise you to learn this, but I have never worked for the Obama administration.
Not saying you did. Just giving you a counter to your argument that its not needed.
As to censorship

And there were quite a few unintended consequences from above ground nuclear testing in the US because no one had considered all the ramifications of what blowing a nuclear bomb up in our backyard would do. It took them until 1950 to realize that they were blowing radioactivity all over the atmosphere and that wasn't good for people. We didn't get a worldwide ban on above ground testing until 1963- 18 years after the first test in 1945.
Welp, it's been 32 years, and we still haven't found an issue with mRNA vaccines worthy of a ban.

Some people think they have, but science keeps shutting them down. So far. I'm sure the nut jibs will stumble upon something valid any day now. Any day.

Not saying you did. Just giving you a counter to your argument that its not needed.
As to censorship
My apologies, that was standoffish. Internet access is definitely on the verge(if it hasn't already) become an essential service here in the US, but internet access is not the same as a social media account.

If someone flipped a switch and took the internet down right now forever, it would be very difficult for the US to recover from that. If someone did the same thing to facebook, aside from some hurt feelers and people needing to find another internet addiction, we'd be alright.

My apologies, that was standoffish. Internet access is definitely on the verge(if it hasn't already) become an essential service here in the US, but internet access is not the same as a social media account.
If someone flipped a switch and took the internet down right now forever, it would be very difficult for the US to recover from that. If someone did the same thing to facebook, aside from some hurt feelers and people needing to find another internet addiction, we'd be alright.
Once again when so many businesses use social media for their primary form of communication you argument that its not a modern form of communication doesnt hold water. A lot of small businesses dont want to spend the money setting up, hosting and managing their own web page. Facefuck has made it very simple so may use it for job postings that are not available to view otherwise.

Welp, it's been 32 years, and we still haven't found an issue with mRNA vaccines worthy of a ban.

Some people think they have, but science keeps shutting them down. So far. I'm sure the nut jibs will stumble upon something valid any day now. Any day.
it's been 31 years of development, and just one year post blowing up the first metaphorical mRNA bomb.

Don't get me wrong, I got the shot, but there are definitely enough unknowns and risks that I don't blame people for thinking twice or wanting to wait and see.

I don’t understand your logic here. Facebook is simply a medium for conversation, just as telcoms were

Real question, since it was developed with funding under Project Warp Speed and funded by the Trump Administration, why aren't more of us on the right taking it? It's not like uncle Joe and Aunt Kamala paid for it.

Because I dont give a shit. It's not a left/right issue. For some reason liberals are scared of their own shadow.

She writes laws?
No you stupid fuck. She said “we are working with fackbook to flag posts for censorship”. We is the white house. She is the press secretary of the white house. Are you saying the white house isn't breaking any laws about this or what exactly are you even trying to say. Are you having a stroke? Need someone to call for help?

I can explain it to you but I cant understand it for you.

Once again when so many businesses use social media for their primary form of communication you argument that its not a modern form of communication doesnt hold water. A lot of small businesses dont want to spend the money setting up, hosting and managing their own web page. Facefuck has made it very simple so may use it for job postings that are not available to view otherwise.
You want Facebook to be controlled by the FCC?

Zero regrets. Got the Moderna which has shown to be effective against Delta. But but but, lots of people with the vaccine have tested positive. No shit? Very few of the vaccinated have ended up in the hospital and/or dying from it. It's risk management, not risk elimination.

Mattafact why did you choose the Moderna?

I feel like that would be a pretty big slip-up in the whole federal censorship program. Have they been fired yet?

Brah, you need to look at this link above. Giving government access to censor speech on a private platform? Thats the most basic of the 1st amendment rights being violated.

and lets not pretend anyone is going to get fired over it. you still think the democrat administration gives a shit about the laws?

here is another example:

Top Back Refresh