What's new

Do you regret getting the vaccine?

Hodgiemoto

Member Number
I know of a couple but I also know many who have gotten it with seemingly zero side effects and don't seem to care about it. Just wondering of those that have gotten wish they hadn't and why.

Most people who got it will justify in their mind any number of reasons why, even if information comes out later that would have altered their decision.

Yes, this also applies to those who didn't. But much harder to un-vax than to vax.

'not yet' is accurate. I had side effects from both shots. I got it because my job said when I come back in I would need to be tested 2x a week and have to wear masks,etc, but if we got the vax those requirements are waived. Now they've waffled because the CDC waffled and now they're mandating masks for everyone again, which is total BS. I had a bad case of COVID and was sick for 3 weeks over the holidays last year and now they're saying the antibody protection and Tcell protection is probably nearly 100% effective, making the vax a wasted risk on my part.

10 years from now you'll hear lawyers on TV saying, "Did you get the covid vax in 2021 and now have herpegonnohreahsyphillis? Do you have antlers growing out of your ass cheeks? If so, you may be entitled to compensation.....

I got the first of two to shut my wife and Mom up (she’s 74 but lives 450 miles away) and then went wheeling instead of the 2nd when I heard just getting one is 80% effective.

I regret the first, and fuck getting a 3rd useless and maybe harmful shot.

Got mine because if I didn't I would have lost my job and set my whole career back a couple years. No side effects other than a sore arm and being really tired the next day. I'm mostly mad because I didn't get much of a choice in the matter, not because I actually think the vaccine is harmful, at least not to me.

Yes. I did it to appease my lady back in May. I got a virus a few weeks ago that they couldn't positively ID. It felt like every symptom of COVID, but every test was negative. They told me "we can't figure out what you have, but it's probably Covid." What F'in BS is that.

Whatever I had sucked pretty bad, but I was over it in a week. The only thing I didn't lose was my sense of smell or taste, otherwise it was text book covid according to them.

So now I feel like I got COVID for the first time months afterwards and I haven't been anywhere or around anybody to catch it. :flipoff2:

Got mine because if I didn't I would have lost my job and set my whole career back a couple years. No side effects other than a sore arm and being really tired the next day. I'm mostly mad because I didn't get much of a choice in the matter, not because I actually think the vaccine is harmful, at least not to me.
Just wondering how your job wanted you to prove you got the jab? Could I just flash my vaccination card?

Just wondering how your job wanted you to prove you got the jab? Could I just flash my vaccination card?

You had to submit scans/photos of it in a Google form. Where I live the hospital put printed stickers on your card instead of just handwriting it in. One would have to forge the stickers instead of just scribbling on some generic pass you found on the internet.

But it's not actually my work that's the problem, they are letting it be optional and confidential if you chose not to get it. I'm in a college program that lets me teach full time while I finish the remainder of my credential classes at night. It's great, but if you don't pass each class with a B or higher the FIRST time they drop you from the program and yank your credential and as a result, you lose your job. No breaks, no do-overs. If I don't get the jab, they won't let me on campus, which means I can't continue the program and will get dropped.

I actually almost got the boot early on because I got a B- in a class, which they don't count as a full 3.0 grade point earning "B". I got a very short email notifying me that they would be kicking me out and revoking my credential with no advice on how to proceed. I was able to petition to have it changed to a credit/no credit which doesn't factor into your GPA, which then put me back at a 3.0 gpa since the only other class I took I got a B in. :flipoff2:

I've gotten straight A's ever since and won't be doing any more schooling in California. I'll take my tens of thousands of tuition dollars to a private or free state school for my masters and second credential.

Last edited:
Yes. I did it to appease my lady back in May. I got a virus a few weeks ago that they couldn't positively ID. It felt like every symptom of COVID, but every test was negative. They told me "we can't figure out what you have, but it's probably Covid." What F'in BS is that.
This makes no sense. Even if you did have Covid (you probly didn't), I don't see a reason to regret getting the vaccine. You also don't know how severe it would have been had you not gotten the vaxine. It's possible it was Covid and the vaccine saved your life, or at least saved you a stay in ICU.

I have no regrets. I had a sore arm twice, and a bit of fever one night, and I still don't regret it. I won't regret it even if it somehow turns out that I got it for nothing, or even if I get a bad break through case. I calculated the risk vs reward and went for it, done deal. Regrets are dum.

I wish I wouldn't have got it only because I don't think it is really all that necessary, especially with all the stats coming out about "breakthrough" cases. I did it to shut my wife and job up about it. I had zero side effects or reaction other than a sore arm, but who knows what could happen years from now.

This makes no sense. Even if you did have Covid (you probly didn't), I don't see a reason to regret getting the vaccine. You also don't know how severe it would have been had you not gotten the vaxine. It's possible it was Covid and the vaccine saved your life, or at least saved you a stay in ICU.

I have no regrets. I had a sore arm twice, and a bit of fever one night, and I still don't regret it. I won't regret it even if it somehow turns out that I got it for nothing, or even if I get a bad break through case. I calculated the risk vs reward and went for it, done deal. Regrets are dum.

74% of new cases in Massachusetts are of the vaccinated variety.

Your state may vary. :flipoff2:

I got one of the two Moderna vaccines. Sore arm for a long time, somewhat altered sense of smell still lingers, and it's really messed up my sleeping pattern as I have not slept well since vaccinated. In the past, I have been diagnosed with dormant Tuberculosis; so that's kind of weighing on my mind as well not knowing if the vaccine could possibly trigger the dormancy.

Did the first vaccine because I hadn't seen my mom in over 2 years, and with her failing health I didn't want to expose her. Sadly she passed away a month ago due to Parkinson's. At least I got to see her just before she passed away.

Not going for the second shot, as the WHO says there is 95% efficacy two weeks after the first Moderna vaccine. Good enough for me.

Another reason I won't go for my second vaccine is because my sister had a horrible reaction to her second vaccine and almost died......

Got the Pfizer vaccine in March. No regerts. I felt tired the next day, but that was it. Most people I know who got it felt the same way. My 81 yr old mother felt 100% the next day. My 46 yr old BIL felt a bit rough for a few days, and he was the worst out of everyone I know.

None so far. All I had was a sore arm. Might have been tired the next day or it might have been working on the boat and car in the heat all day and not drinking enough water.

I figure they aint dumb enough to put something out that outright kills people. Since it would happen over too long at time its too risky that people would put it together and if you know your gonna die you have no qualms about revenge. If it makes you sterile is more likely and I already don't want more kids. Dont think we have the tech for mind control over such a long period and if they want to track me I dont exactly try and hide

Now - do I think the whole thing was a scam - fuck yes. There was a virus but the response was beyond overkill. I'm more concerned about the mentality this created than the effects of the shot.

Had Moderna shots, arm a bit sore that day, but nothing else. I get a flu shot every year also, so it seemed like the thing to do.

Nope. Both shots took me down for a day (tired) but past couple weekends got together with friends drank 10000 gallons of beer with no hangover. I usually get a hangover after three or four so I’m “blaming” it on the shots.

Top Back Refresh