What's new

Do you regret getting the vaccine?

well I guess now that the left changed the definition to incorporate the new therapeutic I guess maybe you’re right.….

Those sneaky fuckers. Buncha lawyers sat down and figured how to cover some ass.

Rocky I think you are overthinking for me. :laughing: I am just reacting to the people here. There is a ton of "stuff" in the media. A lot of it shows "facts" that would contradict those shown here as gospel. These "facts" allege that 95% of the new infections in the US are the unvaccinated. or some such BS. I dunno, I am not patient or enthused enough to track all of it down.

I can respect a well written response.

Now the main thing, on why this is a subject for us is the brainwashing that’s going on and how far they’re pushing it.
Pushed or required vaccines are stepping on our rights and ability to make a decision for ourselves. Leave us alone, give the option of “take it or leave it” and leave it at that. The subject would be dead by morning.
Agreed the brainwashing is obnoxious. I get why the little Gecko avatar dude is an angry lashing out little belly Dragger :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I got the Moderna. No regrets in getting it, I work in healthcare. After the first shot I had cotton mouth for about an hour and a sore shoulder, and a headache for a couple days. Not bad though. After the 2nd shot I was sore and tired for a couple days but thats it. Since pretty much all of my immediate family are healthcare workers in some form or another, they have all gotten it and had no side effects. Even my 90 yr old mother in law got it and had no side effects. So no regrets here.

It's just an MRNA vax. Nothing new or experimental. I've been forced to get the flu vax for years to be able to go to my hospital clinicals. It was either that or wear a mask all fucking day. Now it was either get the vax for covid or get a rapid Covid test before every shift. As it is, one of my current jobs lost my vax records and so did I. I had to get a rapid before every shift until I was able to get my proof of vax mailed to me soI could update employee health.

My uncle works in the film business here in NYC and gets paid $200 every time he gets tested and he ha to get tested before every shoot for every film set he is working on. He had to get tested 5 times one day. He's made tens of thousands of dollars just getting tested. I think he said the camera crews and grips get $400 or $500 each time they get tested and have to get tested the same amount as he does. So they are making bank. All paid by the production agency.

I got the Moderna. No regrets in getting it, I work in healthcare. After the first shot I had cotton mouth for about an hour and a sore shoulder, and a headache for a couple days. Not bad though. After the 2nd shot I was sore and tired for a couple days but thats it. Since pretty much all of my immediate family are healthcare workers in some form or another, they have all gotten it and had no side effects. Even my 90 yr old mother in law got it and had no side effects. So no regrets here.

It's just an MRNA vax. Nothing new or experimental. I've been forced to get the flu vax for years to be able to go to my hospital clinicals. It was either that or wear a mask all fucking day. Now it was either get the vax for covid or get a rapid Covid test before every shift. As it is, one of my current jobs lost my vax records and so did I. I had to get a rapid before every shift until I was able to get my proof of vax mailed to me soI could update employee health.

My uncle works in the film business here in NYC and gets paid $200 every time he gets tested and he ha to get tested before every shoot for every film set he is working on. He had to get tested 5 times one day. He's made tens of thousands of dollars just getting tested. I think he said the camera crews and grips get $400 or $500 each time they get tested and have to get tested the same amount as he does. So they are making bank. All paid by the production agency.
It’s entirely new and it’s experimental by definition

No one here on the coast of California is forcing anyone to get the shot. It's pretty much take it or leave it. I figured we'd be about as hardcore as you could get when it comes to pushing getting the shot. Where in the US is all this being required?
Not exactly apples to apples but Walmart is requiring the vaccine for their home office associates,Tyson is considering it and JB Hunt has basically labeled their unvaccinated. That obviously isn't the local, state or national government BUT when people say go and find another job, there are a few major businesses that have a pretty strong grip on Northwest Arkansas and at the state level. It seems like the government has taken a back seat but is just pushing these major players to force the population in a different fashion.

For the record, I'm not anti-vax but I am completely against being told either inject yourself with this and hope it is safe or join the unemployment line.

Agreed the brainwashing is obnoxious. I get why the little Gecko avatar dude is an angry lashing out little belly Dragger :lmao::lmao::lmao:
So I guess that’s the biggest issue with all of this.
If this was truly a good vaccine that worked, you wouldn’t have to brainwash people into taking it.

You can have the last word. One provisio. Has to be a gif :bender:
K...

Let's just say, you're the bottom kitty. Your logic is the top kitty. :flipoff2:

XV0vtE.gif

Why moderna over the Pfizer?

Not exactly apples to apples but Walmart is requiring the vaccine for their home office associates,Tyson is considering it and JB Hunt has basically labeled their unvaccinated. That obviously isn't the local, state or national government BUT when people say go and find another job, there are a few major businesses that have a pretty strong grip on Northwest Arkansas and at the state level. It seems like the government has taken a back seat but is just pushing these major players to force the population in a different fashion.

For the record, I'm not anti-vax but I am completely against being told either inject yourself with this and hope it is safe or join the unemployment line.

Interesting to hear. I'm of the opinion that people should get to do what they want with their own lives. It's a shitty situation when employers require proof.. but then again, I have turned down good paying jobs in the past because they wanted to dictate parts of my personal life outside of work as part of the deal.

Entirely new? You're funny.
It's pretty new, especially if you compare mrna therapies to traditional vaccines:
The Limitless Future of RNA Therapeutics

mRNA as Therapeutics​

Messenger RNAs (mRNAs) serve as the intermediates between the coding genomic DNA and the encoded proteins (Gilbert, 1986). Essentially, mRNAs are transient blueprints of genes that are encoded in the genomic DNA. The mRNA transcripts of these genes deliver the genetic information to the translational machinery to generate the encoded proteins (Wolff et al., 1990; Conry et al., 1995). Wolff et al. (1990) were amongst the first to use exogenous mRNA to induce the expression of a protein in vivo. They injected synthetic mRNA encoding luciferase, chloramphenicol acetyltransferase, or beta-galactosidase into mouse skeletal muscle and detected proteins translated from these RNAs at the injection site. Importantly, the extent of expression from RNA was comparable to that obtained from injection of a DNA vector encoding the same proteins (Wolff et al., 1990). Jirikowski et al. (1992) demonstrated the therapeutic effect of mRNA in a rodent model of central diabetes insipidus. Brattleboro rats have a genetic deficiency of vasopressin. The investigators purified cytoplasmic mRNA from wild-type rat hypothalamus, or synthesized mRNA that encodes for vasopressin. Injection of either mRNA into the hypothalamus of Brattleboro rats induced the synthesis of vasopressin and transiently reversed diabetes insipidus (Jirikowski et al., 1992).

Synthetic or in vitro-translated mRNA is engineered to mimic naturally occurring mRNA (Jirikowski et al., 1992; Conry et al., 1995). It consists of a single-stranded open reading frame flanked by untranslated regions, and has a 5′ cap for translation, and a 3′ poly(A) tail for stability (Conry et al., 1995; Whisenand et al., 2017; Shin et al., 2018). Exogenous mRNA is translated into protein in the cytoplasm, and degrades within the cytoplasm typically within minutes to hours, posing no risk of integration into the genome. Figure 5 demonstrates systemically delivered mRNA expressing hepatic protein (An et al., 2017). Development and manufacturing of RNA therapeutics is relatively simple and a more cost-effective process comparing to that for recombinant proteins or small molecules. In addition, RNA sequences can be easily modified allowing for personalization of RNA therapy. There are several therapeutic modalities that utilize mRNA: (1) replacement therapy, where mRNA is administered to the patient to compensate for a defective gene/protein, or to supply therapeutic proteins; (2) vaccination, where mRNA encoding specific antigen(s) is administered to elicit protective immunity; (3) cell therapy, where mRNA is transfected into the cells ex vivo to alter cell phenotype or function, and then these cells are delivered into the patient.

I was meh about the shot, had a few friends who got COVID, general consensus was “ this shit sucks and you don’t want it” so I figured wtf and got shot. Moderna. Sore arm for first shot, about 24 hours of brain fog for 2nd and that’s it. No regrets

last 2 weeks I’ve had a cold/allergies/COVID. Just congestion and that’s about it. I feel no need to get tested

I don’t care if you get shot or not, both sides equally annoying

I was meh about the shot, had a few friends who got COVID, general consensus was “ this shit sucks and you don’t want it” so I figured wtf and got shot. Moderna. Sore arm for first shot, about 24 hours of brain fog for 2nd and that’s it. No regrets

last 2 weeks I’ve had a cold/allergies/COVID. Just congestion and that’s about it. I feel no need to get tested

I don’t care if you get shot or not, both sides equally annoying
So, the side that wants to have the choice to get it or not is just as annoying as the side that wants to use force and re- education camps to make everyone get the vax:confused:
That's some fucked up logic:homer:

So, the side that wants to have the choice to get it or not is just as annoying as the side that wants to use force and re- education camps to make everyone get the vax:confused:
That's some fucked up logic:homer:
The side that wants to have the choice sits squarely in the middle. The sides on either end of the spectrum pedaling fear are annoying.

I don't care if you don't trust the shot, you don't need to justify it by telling me I'll probably die for getting it.

I also do care if you think the shot is your new savior that allows you to once again emerge from your COVID bunker, don't tell me I'm going to kill off the human race if I don't' get stabbed.

It's pretty new, especially if you compare mrna therapies to traditional vaccines:
The Limitless Future of RNA Therapeutics

Review

Nat Rev Drug Discov

. 2018 Apr;17(4):261-279.
doi: 10.1038/
nrd.2017.243.Epub 2018 Jan 12.

mRNA vaccines - a new era in vaccinology​

Norbert Pardi 1, Michael J Hogan 1, Frederick W Porter 2, Drew Weissman 1
Affiliations expand
Free PMC article
Full text linksCite

Abstract​

mRNA vaccines represent a promising alternative to conventional vaccine approaches because of their high potency, capacity for rapid development and potential for low-cost manufacture and safe administration. However, their application has until recently been restricted by the instability and inefficient in vivo delivery of mRNA. Recent technological advances have now largely overcome these issues, and multiple mRNA vaccine platforms against infectious diseases and several types of cancer have demonstrated encouraging results in both animal models and humans. This Review provides a detailed overview of mRNA vaccines and considers future directions and challenges in advancing this promising vaccine platform to widespread therapeutic use

The side that wants to have the choice sits squarely in the middle. The sides on either end of the spectrum pedaling fear are annoying.

I don't care if you don't trust the shot, you don't need to justify it by telling me I'll probably die for getting it.

I also do care if you think the shot is your new savior that allows you to once again emerge from your COVID bunker, don't tell me I'm going to kill off the human race if I don't' get stabbed.
Yeah, i suppose i missed the mark on that one... maybe because i don't pay attention to the people saying that it will kill you, control you, or anything like that. If anything, it's the scarlet letter for when the aliens come to take us home... anyone with the vax will not be allowed on the star ships:lmao:

I dont care if someone gets it or not. However when the government is blaming most everything wrong on those who choose not to get it, thats a big problem to me. To Trumps credit he was about choice. When it comes out if you want to get it great, if not great. But lets just open back up and start working again. Now our current administration is blaming the problems on the unvaccinated when the numbers that get censored say it makes almost no difference. The problem this creates is the large group of people that believe the government will never lie to them and they are the same ones pushing segregation of unvaccinated individuals.

Those who dont want the vaccine are censored if they speek out with information at the government’s request. Those who think the vaccine should be mandatory are allowed to present their info with consent of of the government. Hard to present you views and be taken seriously if the government is telling the people you are wrong and need to be censored.

This is the biggest issue I see in the 2 sides. One is censored and on their own. The other is encouraged by the government.

Pretty new? Relatively new? Sure. Entirely new? That's just funny. mRNA vaccines have been in development since the end of the 1980's.
Yes. Entirely new. As in the first time it has ever been used

we studied nuclear bombs and they were in development way before they were entirely new and detonated for the first time

can you tell the class, in your effort to suggest others are wrong, how it actually feels being validated and verified for being absolutely and indisputably fucking STUPID wrong so often?

Pretty new? Relatively new? Sure. Entirely new? That's just funny. mRNA vaccines have been in development since the end of the 1980's.
Bruh. Development doesn't mean it's working or safe. Let's compare to the traditional method of injecting a dead virus which has been around since the late 1800's. Shoot, we've had the flu vaccine out of development and administered to the general public since 1945.

The mrna stuff is new. I said "pretty" to soften the blow.

It's hard to have a civil discussion about the topic if either side tries to distort the facts in their favor.

I dont care if someone gets it or not. However when the government is blaming most everything wrong on those who choose not to get it, thats a big problem to me. To Trumps credit he was about choice. When it comes out if you want to get it great, if not great. But lets just open back up and start working again. Now our current administration is blaming the problems on the unvaccinated when the numbers that get censored say it makes almost no difference. The problem this creates is the large group of people that believe the government will never lie to them and they are the same ones pushing segregation of unvaccinated individuals.

Those who dont want the vaccine are censored if they speek out with information at the government’s request. Those who think the vaccine should be mandatory are allowed to present their info with consent of of the government. Hard to present you views and be taken seriously if the government is telling the people you are wrong and need to be censored.

This is the biggest issue I see in the 2 sides. One is censored and on their own. The other is encouraged by the government.
Fair point. The government is good at blaming problems on scapegoats, that's nothing new. There are also always people who will blindly accept what the hear come out of the president's mouth, despite the fact that really all any president is trying to do is win a national popularity contest while not burning the US to the ground during their term(in that order of priorities).

Fair point. The government is good at blaming problems on scapegoats, that's nothing new. There are also always people who will blindly accept what the hear come out of the president's mouth, despite the fact that really all any president is trying to do is win a national popularity contest while not burning the US to the ground during their term(in that order of priorities).
Its the government directly violating the 1st amendment thats the problem. The right to free speech is to protect the people from the government, not protect people from what they dont want to hear.

The government is directly working with facebook and other social media’s sites to flag posts they they deem misinformation. This includes posts by doctors as well as ordinary citizens. They are telling social media what to censor. How would people feel if Verizon or AT&T interrupted a phone call to inform you that you are saying thing deemed untrue by the government and you have been banned for a week from making calls. Thats is exactly what they are doing But with twitter and Facebook.

Top Back Refresh