What's new

Do you regret getting the vaccine?

Wife and I both got the shots. 55 years old. I had no reaction to the shot, wife felt pretty bad after the second shot. Tired and a temperature. 20 year old son lives with us has not got any shots.
GUESS WHAT? Both wife and I tested positive Monday, he tested NEGATIVE! :homer::homer::homer:
Wife and my symptoms are congestion and slight loss of taste. Both of us are feeling much better now. Felt like any flu I have had for the last 50 years🤷‍♀️

That's what it's supposed to do?

And what Poke said.

because they jumped the gun on unproven science

I have a group of surgeon friends who were all saying there were “embarrassed“ because they made a hasty decision with no real info
I could see that I guess. There is also a legitimate issue with the FDA holding up life savings drugs because they are overly thorough.

As business people, nobody wants to be the guys who ran a company that supplied a drug that killed people. Race to get a vaccine out, make $, best protection percentage, lowest side effect, all yes to those. But the people running big pharma don’t want to be out of business because they knowingly killed off the p opilation.

because they jumped the gun on unproven science

I have a group of surgeon friends who were all saying there were “embarrassed“ because they made a hasty decision with no real info
yeah let's demand everything be done the same way it was 50-75 years ago. Everything was unproven at some point.

Staring a possible wildfire in the face do you want to be proactive or reactive? One half will say you rushed in to fast the other half will say you didn't move fast enough.

I could see that I guess. There is also a legitimate issue with the FDA holding up life savings drugs because they are overly thorough.

As business people, nobody wants to be the guys who ran a company that supplied a drug that killed people. Race to get a vaccine out, make $, best protection percentage, lowest side effect, all yes to those. But the people running big pharma don’t want to be out of business because they knowingly killed off the p opilation.
I just think they are “angry” that they were lemmings when there was just not enough information and they just went along to get along.

my niece is a covid nurse (or was, she just had a baby) and her complaint is the appearance of not wanting to try medicines off label that are proven safe while at the same time pushing new mRNA therapy on everyone. It makes no sense. She did not get vacc‘d because of pregnancy and says she is now glad she didn’t

yeah let's demand everything be done the same way it was 50-75 years ago. Everything was unproven at some point.

Staring a possible wildfire in the face do you want to be proactive or reactive? One half will say you rushed in to fast the other half will say you didn't move fast enough.
That’s just fucking stupid simple-minded bullshit to make yourself feel better about being fucking stupid

edit- that‘s the denial stage

For me, the decision had nothing to do with anything you mentioned above. I got it so I wouldn't possibly die or end up permanently disabled from complications.

Fwiw, I fully support people's right to make their own decisions weather I agree with them or not.

This bullshit bullying people into getting them, especially by employers, is not OK.

I mean total cases and deaths have gone down since the vaccine has come out. And that is with people taking less precautions.

I'm not informed enough to argue how effective they are, side effects, or the other bs around the vaccine. But I can say something has helped lower cases. I think it's fair to say the vaccine has helped in some ways. Obviously not nearly as much as the gov wants people to believe.

I got the shot and don't have any regrets. Yet at least. My doctor said I was high risk and the shot could be the difference between getting a cold or getting dead. I don't want dead, my doctor is a medical professional, so I got the stab.
Sweden is nearing 0 deaths per day and doesn’t have any mask requirements at all. Sure the weak and the infirm died in some cases at the beginning but thats what viruses are for honestly. Seriously we live in a society where we have decided we are going to determine our own future, even though we cant actually. So stands to reason those same people will inject themselves with an experimental medical concoction in order to help meet their unrealistic desires.

Mostly just upset that idiots on both sides won't shut the fuck up. Seriously I don't care what your dumb ass thinks is the correct thing to do is.

I got it because the risk for me is super low, work paid me for it, and I would like to visit people who actually are at risk of dieing of covid.

We all know that the only ones that are / will be bullied are the ones that won’t get the shot.

They have only begun to ramp up the war on anti therapeutic ERS.

I say that because this is a horseshit of a vaccine.

Fwiw, I fully support people's right to make their own decisions weather I agree with them or not.

This bullshit bullying people into getting them, especially by employers, is not OK.
This, sans the weather

both of my parents got it and I fully support and think they should have. They are elderly and it made sense for them

No. My 93 yo Dad who git it ASAP wimps and bitches less than some of you. There are people dying to get the chance you brazenly toss away. For real. But do what you think is best for you. Apparently, that's what's important to some people, what's best for them.

No. My 93 yo Dad who git it ASAP wimps and bitches less than some of you. There are people dying to get the chance you brazenly toss away. For real. But do what you think is best for you. Apparently, that's what's important to some people, what's best for them.
I don't think you should wheel your junk all over OUR forest... but hey ya selfish motard, you just keep doing what is best for you.

Fawk everybody else right? How about just keep on being selfish with not getting the flu vaccine every year? Better yet, let me have ALL the medical records for you, and I will decide what YOU need to do to make everybody safer... cool?

Even better, why not just mind your yard and I will mind mine. Deal? Ya selfish sumbitch...

With so many turning the shot down there should be plenty for those who want it.

My daughter and I are both recent cancer survivors, both still classified as immunocompromised, and she's too young to get the vaccine. My doctor is the head of bone marrow transplant program for a very large cancer center and spends twice as much time doing research as she does treating patients, and my daughter's doc has been practicing longer than my doc has been alive. Both of them said it would be a very good idea for me to get it, and I've trusted them with our lives so far and they haven't screwed up yet. My wife and I got it in January, no problems, no regrets. If it hadn't been for that, I honestly don't know if I would have got it. I however absolutely do not agree with anyone being forced to take it.

Duane

No offense, but the well being of your 93 yo Dad is not my problem. Just like the well being of my 75 yo parents is not your problem.

My Mom went through cancer treatments during the pandemic so my parents didn’t leave their house other than going to her treatments and my Dad doing some shopping. We kept our distance until her Doc gave the ok and then we visited them. We didn’t see each other for about 10 months although we live 30 minutes apart. As soon as they were able to get the shot they did, and now get out and about fairly regular. They are counting on the shot doing what they have been told it will, and that they will only get a mild case if they do get it.

See how easy that is? They took precautions to protect themselves and sheltered in place when necessary instead of expecting everyone else to change their lives for them.

I'm the charge nurse for a covid icu. I've watched whole families die over the last year and a half. I've been doing this for 10 years, and never seen people so sick. H1N1 wasn't even close. I work in a very large hospital with very good equipment that gets people flown in from all over Georgia and the south east, so I will see sicker people than most.
Can you share any of the demographics or comorbidities of any of the patients that ended up in the ICU, dead or on ECMO? I'm not trying to be an ass with you, I'm genuinely curious since this doesn't seem to be info that is talked about.

So you're in the high risk department?
If you don't mind me asking, what makes you high risk?
Obviously you don't have to answer, but it will help to understand the decision is all.
No, I fall in the normal low risk category. What spooked me into getting vaccinated is two cases of people ending up with permanent complications. The first was a co-worker of my wife (she works at a large hospital). He is 47 (same age I am), in good health, and was a regular jogger. Not the kind of person I would expect to have any problems. He got Covid last summer, and ended up in the hospital. He has permanent lung damage, and will never work again. The second person was the loan officer at the bank down the road. I began the process of getting a home equity loan through her last December. A week or so into the process she disappeared. Two months later she was back at work but said she has complications from Covdi that she will be dealing with for the rest of her life. Maybe they were both high risk and I didn't know it or even they didn't know it. I made the decision to get the vaccine. No regrets.

Why would anyone regret it? The anti-vaxers certainly don’t seem to be pro freedom and pro choice. Why attack people who got it? That’s being a huge hippocrite. It’s just a choice.

its really ignorant to think that everyone who got it wants to force it on others. Those the idiot politicians and the few boneheads the news reports on are the only pushers I know of.
its really ignorant to think everyone thats anti vax thinks everyone who got it wants to force it on others :homer:

youre being a hypocrite while calling others a hypocrite :lmao:

I don't regret taking the vaccine. I personally knew several who died with Covid in their 50s and older which is my age group. IMO it is a personal choice. Most of my extended family took the vaccine but some didn't. I respect the choice people make either way.

No offense, but the well being of your 93 yo Dad is not my problem. Just like the well being of my 75 yo parents is not your problem.

My Mom went through cancer treatments during the pandemic so my parents didn’t leave their house other than going to her treatments and my Dad doing some shopping. We kept our distance until her Doc gave the ok and then we visited them. We didn’t see each other for about 10 months although we live 30 minutes apart. As soon as they were able to get the shot they did, and now get out and about fairly regular. They are counting on the shot doing what they have been told it will, and that they will only get a mild case if they do get it.

See how easy that is? They took precautions to protect themselves and sheltered in place when necessary instead of expecting everyone else to change their lives for them.
I agree with you. My family's doings are not anyone's problem. I never said that. I am just illustrating what common sense older people do and why. Because it is obvious. Pops was pretty careful also. Drove all the way across the Nevada yesterday where there is a new in full effect indoor mask MANDATE by the "government". Huge sign on rte 80 Reno sez so. No one on the entire 350 miles Id rove with 4 stops was wearing a mask, Not even the hookers and lot lizards at the TA or the sheriff questioning them. Glad your folks are OK.

The only people that regret getting the vaccine, are the people telling everyone else that they should get it and pushing the “it’s safe” narrative.

If you were truly happy with your decision to get it, you wouldn’t try and talk others into it.

Misery loves company.

It’s not a Vaccine. Stop calling it that.
Every one in the entire fucking world calls it a vaccine. Dr, included. Call it anything you want. OK. A protective inoculation. Webster. :beret:
I don't think you should wheel your junk all over OUR forest... but hey ya selfish motard, you just keep doing what is best for you.

Fawk everybody else right? How about just keep on being selfish with not getting the flu vaccine every year? Better yet, let me have ALL the medical records for you, and I will decide what YOU need to do to make everybody safer... cool?

Even better, why not just mind your yard and I will mind mine. Deal? Ya selfish sumbitch...
I did not say, nor have I ever espoused mandatory vaccination. Or masks or anything else you are paranoid and ranting about. My DAD has more common sense than you, but you are free to key in your bitch, Go at it :flipoff2: Kind of ****y arent you ?? A lot of people are all wound up over this and making it the end of the world scenario. It's just a bad very easily spread chinese virus. Show me where I said YOU need to get vaccinated, or else. I am on board with your freedom of choice. Can you read ?

Donald Trump recommends the vaccine so be a good little nut sack swinger like me and do what you are told :lmao:

Here is a good read on where we could and should be going back to the position Sweden took back at inception. -

Every one in the entire fucking world calls it a vaccine. Dr, included. Call it anything you want. OK. A protective inoculation. Webster. :beret:

I did not say, nor have I ever espoused mandatory vaccination. Or masks or anything else you are paranoid and ranting about. My DAD has more common sense than you, but you are free to key in your bitch, Go at it :flipoff2: Kind of ****y arent you ?? A lot of people are all wound up over this and making it the end of the world scenario. It's just a bad very easily spread chinese virus. Show me where I said YOU need to get vaccinated, or else. I am on board with your freedom of choice. Can you read ?

Donald Trump recommends the vaccine so be a good little nut sack swinger like me and do what you are told :lmao:

Here is a good read on where we could and should be going back to the position Sweden took back at inception. -

Based Nordic logic! Who would have guessed Sweden of all places would be the center of liberty and normalcy in all this! The freak out by everyone at them should be telling, good read!

Last edited:
No regrets. I kept in touch with family that are medical and talked to them ahead about which vax they got and why. I have some family who are at risk and lost 1 relative to covid. Another is still dealing with covid effects 8 months after getting it. I got moderna and my wife got pfizer. The only vaccinated people I know / have heard of getting covid were J&J which isn't surprising since it was only 74% effective against the alpha strain and even less against the delta. J&J has also had the highest incidence of side effects.

Stop being a bitch... you ran your mouth and got called on it. Your idiotic, sarcastic plea about people just doing what's best for them was just plain dumb. I mind my business and let people make their decisions based on what they see is in their best interest. You should do the same.

Top Back Refresh