What's new

Dead Pool - 2021

Chuck Hicks who was the main stuntman/actor in Clint Eastwood films, also played the big mook in Cool Hand Luke (fight w/George Kennedy) is dead from a stroke at 93-

*He married a stunt gal, Kayla(?)

Chuck Hicks who was the main stuntman/actor in Clint Eastwood films, also played the big mook in Cool Hand Luke (fight w/George Kennedy) is dead from a stroke at 93-

*He married a stunt gal, Kayla(?)

Chuck Hicks, Stuntman and Actor in Clint Eastwood Films and ‘Dick Tracy,’ Dies at 93​

The former boxer put his pugilistic skills to work on 'The Twilight Zone' and 'Cool Hand Luke.'
Chuck Hicks, the stuntman, actor and frequent Clint Eastwood combatant whose credits included Every Which Way but Loose, The Twilight Zone, Cool Hand Luke and Dick Tracy, has died. He was 93.

Hicks died May 4 in Las Vegas after suffering a stroke about six months ago, his son Kirk told The Hollywood Reporter.

Survivors also include his wife, stuntwoman Kaye Wade Hicks. They met in Burbank in the early 1950s, reconnected in 1980 when he was playing Omar Sharif’s bodyguard in the CBS telefilm Pleasure Palace and wed some 10 years ago.

Six-foot-2 and a muscular 230 pounds in his prime, Hicks was a onetime running back, boxer and rugby player who worked on scores of films and TV shows and served as a stunt double for the likes of Clint Walker, Brian Keith and Brian Dennehy.
He was a charter member and past president of the Stuntmen’s Association of Motion Pictures who was inducted into the Stuntmen’s Hall of Fame.

Hicks portrayed the robot boxer Maynard Flash on the memorable 1963 Twilight Zone episode “Steel,” written by Richard Matheson, and under heavy makeup played the villain known as The Brow in Warren Beatty’s Dick Tracy (1990).

He was frequently pummeled by Clint Eastwood characters. The pair first worked together on a 1962 episode of CBS’ Rawhide, followed by Paint Your Wagon (1969), Dirty Harry (1971), Magnum Force (1973), The Enforcer (1976), Every Which Way but Loose (1978), Bronco Billy (1980), Any Which Way You Can (1980) and City Heat (1984).

For Cool Hand Luke (1967), Hicks portrayed the prisoner known as Chief and coordinated the brutal boxing scene that saw George Kennedy put a licking on Paul Newman. He also served as the stunt coordinator on the 1988-92 NBC series In the Heat of the Night.

As Dennis McCarthy described it in a 2011 profile of Hicks in the Los Angeles Daily News, his life was “one big black-and-white movie. He’s the guy in the shadows with the blackjack, waiting for the leading man to walk out of the nightclub; the getaway man, bar bully, crooked cop, hood, prizefighter taking a dive.

“I was the bad guy, always getting beat up,” Hicks said in the piece.

Born on Dec. 26, 1927, in Stockton, California, Charles Hicks was a star running back at Burbank High School, where one of his classmates was future actor (and fellow tough guy) William Smith.

He served in the U.S. Merchant Marine and U.S. Navy during World War II, then attended Loyola Marymount University, where he received a football scholarship and boxed.

Hicks had tryouts with the NFL’s Los Angeles Rams and Washington Redskins, played seven years of semipro football and boxed professionally under the name Chuck Daley because his handler thought “that sounded more Irish.” He won five of his eight bouts by first-round knockout.

“I was making $75 a fight,” he said. “My manager took a third of that, my cutman and second got $10 each. After the government took its cut, I had nothing left, so I quit.”

After working as a lifeguard at the community Pickwick Pool in Burbank, Hicks was cast as football players in She’s Working Her Way Through College (starring Ronald Reagan) and The Rose Bowl Story, two of the four 1952 films in which he appeared.

He appeared on other films including The Caddy (1953), Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953), Blackboard Jungle (1955), Rebel Without a Cause (1955) and Around the World in 80 Days (1956) before he began a regular gig in 1956 as Walker’s stand-in and stunt double on ABC’s Cheyenne.

Also that year, he portrayed LaMarr Kane, one of Eliot Ness’ (Robert Stack) original Untouchables, on the first season of the ABC drama.

Hicks went on to work on multiple episodes of other shows including Maverick, Peter Gunn, Honey West, Batman, Mannix, The Rockford Files, Starsky and Hutch and The Fall Guy and on films including Hell Is for Heroes (1962), Shock Corridor (1963), Our Man Flint (1966), Point Blank (1967), Slaughter’s Big Rip-Off (1973), Hide in Plain Sight (1980), Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982), Johnny Dangerously (1984), Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984), Runaway Train (1985) and Lethal Weapon 4 (1998) before retiring in 2010.

Survivors include another son, Kevin.

I realize most of ya'll won't recognize his name..

I've been seeing messaging on FB about this.. don't know if it is accurate

remember the movie Blood in Blood out? remember all the paintings and stuff.. ? the real artist who did all the artwork, is Adan Hernandez.. seems he may have passed on.. I've briefly met him, he lived in San Antonio,.,.

I realize most of ya'll won't recognize his name..

I've been seeing messaging on FB about this.. don't know if it is accurate

remember the movie Blood in Blood out? remember all the paintings and stuff.. ? the real artist who did all the artwork, is Adan Hernandez.. seems he may have passed on.. I've briefly met him, he lived in San Antonio,.,.
I searched that movie I don’t even recognize the main actors

Actor Charles Grodin, star of Midnight Run & Heartbreak Kid died from bone cancer at 86-

Comedian/Actor/Screenplay writer Paul Mooney died of a heart attack, he was 79-

Colorado's favorite cyclist, the cycling champion Gwen Inglis was struck by a drunk driver while in training. She was 46-

Samuel E. Wright who did the voice of Sebastian the crab in "The Little Mermaid" passed away-
*edit- he was 74

Last edited:
Marcus York, who played the wheelchair guy in "The Office" has died at 55-

Scott Sheak who raced the 125cc class for Kawasaki Team Green during the mid-90's died from a freak practice run accident while preparing for a future amateur race at Loretta Lynn Ranch. He was 47-

RIP Milli Vanilli. He was 66 yrs old. Edit- John Davis

Wonder if they will bury somebody else in his place?

Wow; so both are dead now.

EDIT: The fuggin' real singer.........:laughing:

Gavin MacLeod who played Captain Merrill Stubing on "The Love Boat" died at 90-

Billy Joe Thomas, a country pop singer who sang "Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head" (and other classics) passed away from lung cancer at 78-

Wow; so both are dead now.

EDIT: The fuggin' real singer.........:laughing:
Rob died along time ago. Fab is still alive. This guy was the actual singer not the lip syncor (sp?)

silly to say was the first concert I ever saw in 1988. Pretty cool I was buying beer at the Spectrum at 14 though 🍺

Gavin MacLeod who played Captain Merrill Stubing on "The Love Boat" died at 90-

Gavin MacLeod (born Allan George See; February 28, 1931 – May 29, 2021) was an American actor best known for portraying Merrill Stubing, the ship's captain, on the ABC's The Love Boat.

A Christian activist, and author whose career spanned six decades, he also appeared as a guest on several talk, variety, and religious programs.

MacLeod's career began in films in 1957. In 1965, he played opposite Peter Mann in The Sword of Ali Baba. He went on to play opposite Anthony Franciosa in A Man Called Gannon (1968), opposite Christopher George in The Thousand Plane Raid, and opposite Clint Eastwood, Telly Savalas, and Carroll O'Connor in Kelly's Heroes (1970).

MacLeod also achieved continuing television success co-starring opposite Ernest Borgnine on McHale's Navy (1962–1964) as Joseph "Happy" Haines, and on The Mary Tyler Moore Show (1970–1977) as Murray Slaughter.

Billy Joe Thomas, a country pop singer who sang "Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head" (and other classics) passed away from lung cancer at 78-

Billy Joe Thomas[1] (August 7, 1942 – May 29, 2021) was an American singer widely known for his pop, country, and Christian hits of the 1960s and 1970s. He made popular recordings of "Hooked on a Feeling" (1968), "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head" (1969), and "(Hey Won't You Play) Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song" (1975).[2]

Jason Dupasquier died in a nasty crash in Moto 3 yesterday. Kid was 19, fucking sad.

Jason Dupasquier (7 September 2001 – 30 May 2021) was a Swiss motorcycle rider who competed in the Moto3 class in the motorcycle world championship until his death at the 2021 Italian motorcycle Grand Prix.[1][2] He was the son of MotoCross rider Philippe Dupasquier.[3]
Dupasquier began his racing career in 2011; he won multiple SuperMoto Swiss championships and was set to debut in the RedBull Rookies Cup in 2018, but suffered a femur injury that prevented him from doing so.[4] He debuted in the RedBull Rookies Cup in 2019 and was soon awarded a two-year contract as a Moto3 rider.[5][3][6] He was in his second season in MotoGP's lightweight class and was in the top 10 in the overall rankings going into the weekend.[7]
On 29 May 2021, Dupasquier, was involved in a crash with Ayumu Sasaki and Jeremy Alcoba near the end of the day's qualifying session at the Mugello circuit of the Italian Grand Prix (Gran Premio d'Italia) in Scarperia.[8][9]

Dupasquier appeared to fall between turns nine and ten and was hit by his own motorbike, and then by Sasaki's; the session was red-flagged immediately. In a later interview, Alcoba stated that he thought he had also run over Dupasquier. FIM (Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme) medical intervention vehicles quickly arrived at the site and the rider was treated on the track for about 30 minutes prior to a medical helicopter arriving and airlifting him to hospital.[8][10]

Dupasquier was taken to Careggi University Hospital, in Florence, Italy,[10] where he underwent "thoracic surgery for a vascular lesion" and was also operated on for a brain injury, according to a statement from the MotoGP World Championship organization. He died from complications of his injuries on 30 May.[9] Dupasquier's team, Prustel GP, announced it would not be taking part in the day's race.[8]

Joe Lara who played Tarzan on the boob tube, along w/his Christian/dietitian wife, Gwen died in a plane crash. Joe was 58-

Top Back Refresh