What's new

Cybertruck: no thread here.

1000022628.gif

1000022626.jpg

1000022627.jpg

This got me thinking about bulletproofing. Have a buddy who had some shit installed on his glass when he got a bunch of work in a shitty area. Kinda assumed that doors would be safe enough.

1000022628.gif

1000022626.jpg

1000022627.jpg

This got me thinking about bulletproofing. Have a buddy who had some shit installed on his glass when he got a bunch of work in a shitty area. Kinda assumed that doors would be safe enough.
The doors in a normal rig aren't going to stop a 45. And a 9mm will go through both door with seemingly enough energy to do it again.

Tourist was in town for our fireworks show over the 4th of July. He walks up and points at the Gladiator and asks "what does that do that a Cybertruck won't?" I replied "Gladiators are currently available for purchase, and Cybertrucks are not." Pretty much the end of that.

I live in CA, we have half the worlds Teslas, and none of the gun rights. Somebody I know saw a cybertruck at Hollister a few months ago. There are videos on YouTube.

It's cool.

Wouldn't couldn't do truck stuff with it since a truck that large with no way to hook a gooseneck is useless to my needs. But previous H2T owners that are feeling guilty will buy it.

I have the pleasure of driving from near Chico to south sf every night for work. I’ve been seeing what I thought was the cyber truck on the rd but it was always headed in the opposite direction. Well tonight on i5 near Williams I caught one. I didn’t see any bullet holes down the side.

Attachments

• IMG_0132.mov
    7.1 MB
Un-optioned domestic pickups are an extreme rarity in non-fleet applications.

The vast majority of pickups are now occupying the space that Personal Luxury Cars like the Thunderbird used to occupy. Using your pickup on the weekend for a boat or camper is a personal luxury. These are daily-drivers with the XLT, Lariat, Harley Davidson, and King Ranch making up a huge, huge portion of private sales.

So I say that yes, these are aimed at the majority of pickup buyers who do not take the quite considerable time and trouble to option out floor mats and an infotainment system.

AFAIK you can't option out a carpeting AND have a locker on a Ford truck. Same thing with skid plates: If you get a skid plate, it auto-options the 101A equipment group: Geegaws and gizmos. You can't de-select it.

You can't say that's Ford, because GM and Dodge are the same way.

Pickups are now a luxury vehicle. Have been for oh I'd say 10 years, definitely the last 5.

As you know, you used to be able to option a straight-6, automatic, bench seat, no headliner, no a/c, no power windows/locks, no cruise Custom pickup. That's not even possible now. They don't even sell wind up windows afaik.
My 08 Dodge truck is rubber floor, crank windows, no A/C.

Can't say I've ever felt it needed any of that stuff.
Does have cruise, which I do like on long trips.

It costs more to manufacture with multiple lines and requires more training. If you can keep cave man training to a minimum any numb skull can work on an assembly line. This is why crank windows disappeared.

I will say I appreciate how quiet new pick up trucks are, I don’t own one but I don’t think I’d want to deal with the NVH now that trucks are been “modernized”.

Jeeps and maybe Broncos are now the stripper models in the present day. NVH doesn’t matter with a rag top it’s going to be loud no matter how you slice it.

Both manufacturers just charge too much because they can…

Didn’t the old vehicles of Bonnie and Clyde’s time also stop 45acp and that’s why BARs were used in the final shootout

i doubt it, BAR's were used because any opportunity to justify new toys for the police is going to be seized.

B&C were stealing BAR’s from armory’s and that was giving them the advantage in shootouts. The cops started using them to try to match firepower.

My work is starting to manufacture suspension air bag components for cybertrucks.

While I agree with what was said in this thread, I think cybertrucks will prevail in utilitarian category. The biggest downfalls will be the range, particularly when towing, and the inability to recharge in-the-field away from an outlet.

Too bad Tesla didn’t make them a “hybrid”. I’d imagine a turbocharged 1.6L 3 cyl from Toyota (300hp) running exclusively on a generator and for A/C & heat will be great. Solve the range & refuel issue, along with to stop-gap the cold temperature battery performance issue.

My work is starting to manufacture suspension air bag components for cybertrucks.

While I agree with what was said in this thread, I think cybertrucks will prevail in utilitarian category. The biggest downfalls will be the range, particularly when towing, and the inability to recharge in-the-field away from an outlet.

Too bad Tesla didn’t make them a “hybrid”. I’d imagine a turbocharged 1.6L 3 cyl from Toyota (300hp) running exclusively on a generator and for A/C & heat will be great. Solve the range & refuel issue, along with to stop-gap the cold temperature battery performance issue.
Government mandates are to kill hybrids

you see mazda's new plan for rotary hybrids?

Top Back Refresh