What's new

Cybertruck: no thread here.

Yeah I just checked it out. On the F150 you can't deselect the 101A with RSC, Curve Control, Backup Cam, SYNC, auto-braking collision avoidance, auto wipers, auto headlights, and some other BS gizmos. If you get the skid plate.

You can get vinyl mats though.

If you want the upgraded payload, it selects the 5.0 and some other stuff too.

You can get a very base base model F150 4x4 but it will have reduced payload and towing. Doesn't mean you CAN'T overload it, though.

Hmm. Good point, I guess. I stopped looking at F150's pretty quickly when what I wanted was thousands less expensive in F250's. :laughing:

My RAM lowered all the way.

trailers.

You should edit out the lic plate.

pl7M7GU.jpg

If Tron had a truck.....

I couldn't drive anything that looks that stupid.

ArTi54N said:
have ya'll been seeing those photo-shopped pictures of what happens when a Chicano gets a hold of this truck, and puts low rider rims and tires on it, etc.??

if I win the lotto.. I'm gonna actually do it.. really.. I have put thought into it..

The one thought you had for the month, and you squandered it on beanering up a Tesla. Some people's children....

:flipoff2:

I don't give a shit if I have the selling points of an Italian truck right. I'm not an Italian truck salesman.

Dodge sells brodozers, that's their market. And now that the Cybertruck is coming, Dodge sells slow and weak brodozers.

What you are is an idiot who spouts off random bullshit in an effort to seem important and/or knowledgeable about nonsensical crap for no other reason that to troll.

The only other thing I can think of is some better access to the bed like this.

97316.jpg

It's amazing that after 80 years the Big 3 haven't come up with a better way to access the bed.

PIckup trucks are every bit as gadgety and tempermental as a luxury automobile, with none of the convenience or improvements. They're a shitty platform now, no excuse for re-selling the same shitty idea.

They haven't come up with a way to turn it into a flatbed, pickup, and hard-sided camper yet? What are they doing with all that space between the fender and bed? Dodge has a couple of lame toolboxes in theirs, other than that, it's just dead space.

Pickups are lazy design, I hope Tesla fucks them up.

Well, the whole thing started by people saying the Cybertruck is high-end, and my reply to Provience is that basically all full-sizes are now luxo-mobiles, and I am right.

This place I would expect people to option out specific low-end vehicles, and we still don't have a lot of people chiming in. That's because most people who own pickups here own some form of Brodozer. Or what would be considered a brodozer even 7 years ago.

You cannot a la carte option an F150 is the point, it's like Cable TV. To get the shit you want, you ahve to pay for a whole bunch of shit you don't. There's no way around that.

Ford sells more XLT than any other package. Not really "high end" or brodozer trucks.

I'm actually known for some of my custom plates.. I really don't have a problem with it.. I could go grab a pick but I'm lazy. My f150 had "2K1 4X4"

Truck is whatever, we have no idea really, cool marketing info is cool...

I can tell you though that nothing fucks up the aero of a vehicle like pulling a trailer, any really but there are some better than others.
The mileage while doing any towing is going to absolutely suck balls, I can see easily half the estimated range unloaded. If going camping in a 250 mile radius with 2 charges required to get you back home sounds like fun, knock your selves out. My time is way to valuable to spend hooking/unhooking from the fucking trailer just to charge, then waiting 30+ minutes just to get going to the next charger. Fuck all that.

The 14K lb towing capacity with a uni-body is going to be really interesting. That much load would generally require weight distribution in a conventional truck, I am sure the air suspension will attempt to right the wrongs but pulling that much weight is in the better know what your doing category.

I do see a great emerging opportunity for some ultralight popup campers with excellent aero to compliment the truck or even origami folding slide in campers that would better unlock the trucks ability. Competition fuels Innovation, that much is true.

I am a Ford truck fan boy, but the 2021 hybrid is a waste of technology, it should have had less engine and more battery with plugin charge ability so it could got the tax credit. We'll see how the sales go, if they even produce it... The big three have a nasty habit of rolling shit out just to gauge interest.

Not only is that a shitty meme design, it's also not OEM.

Billions of dollars, pickups are one of the main pillars of their profitability, and they haven't figured out how to make the truck turn into a flatbed at the touch of a button?

Lazy. $50,000 minimum for a truck bed you have to crawl into like it's 1962, except worse because now all the 'heavy duty' trucks are at least bellybutton high.

You should be able to have a pickup that converts into a van, with removable chairs so it can be a bus, also a flatbed, and a traditional pickup box.

Bed design in pickups hasn't changed in 70 years. That's lazy and we're getting rooked.

Not only is that a shitty meme design, it's also not OEM.

Billions of dollars, pickups are one of the main pillars of their profitability, and they haven't figured out how to make the truck turn into a flatbed at the touch of a button?

Lazy. $50,000 minimum for a truck bed you have to crawl into like it's 1962, except worse because now all the 'heavy duty' trucks are at least bellybutton high.

You should be able to have a pickup that converts into a van, with removable chairs so it can be a bus, also a flatbed, and a traditional pickup box.

Bed design in pickups hasn't changed in 70 years. That's lazy and we're getting rooked.

[Ron Swanson] What is wrong with a pickup bed? You put shit in it and drive it somewhere else. That is it. [/Ron Swanson]

[Ron Swanson] What is wrong with a pickup bed? You put shit in it and drive it somewhere else. That is it. [/Ron Swanson]

I think it's funny that the trailer is open on two sides and you can dump cinderblocks in it with a loader no problem.

Meanwhile the 'heavy duty' truck that's hauling it is as delicate as a Rolls Royce, and you'll do $10,000 of damage to the $90,000 truck if you so much as put a big log in it.

Is it even possible to reach maximum payload of a 1-ton pickup truck without ruining the bed? Don't scratch it up with branches, now!

Cybertruck will be make out of stainless steel, and you can actually abuse it a little bit. A fat guy could ruin a pickup bed just by leaning on it. It's pathetic.

CJalKuy.jpg

I think it's funny that the trailer is open on two sides and you can dump cinderblocks in it with a loader no problem.

Meanwhile the 'heavy duty' truck that's hauling it is as delicate as a Rolls Royce, and you'll do $10,000 of damage to the $90,000 truck if you so much as put a big log in it.

Is it even possible to reach maximum payload of a 1-ton pickup truck without ruining the bed? Don't scratch it up with branches, now!

Cybertruck will be make out of stainless steel, and you can actually abuse it a little bit. A fat guy could ruin a pickup bed just by leaning on it. It's pathetic.

CJalKuy.jpg

I don’t think you would know what to do with a pickup if your mom could afford one

I just took a Tesla Model 3 from NY to Michigan. I’m in. 99% of people don’t use a truck as a truck. There’s some outliers where it will flat out not work but I can guarantee almost everyone that’s commented would be fine with the usage. The looks and style are something else.

Not to much bashing of the electric part of it so far but if you haven’t rode in or drove a Tesla I would recommend. It’s a whole different ballgame.

Ask away on the questions if you actually are curious about full electric. I think it’s coming soon. Electric drivetrain is pretty impressive.

Heavy D from the diesel brothers and his friend have an electric truck coming out also. Looks promising and better than the others.

https://nikolamotor.com/press_releas...dger-pickup-73

So they plan on making an all electric full size Chevy Colarado? Because that sure as fuck looks like a Colorado. The press release says they will be partnered with a big 3 automaker. Its pretty obvious its going to be GM. Look at the ghey lights over the wheels. Dead giveaway.... Still less ugly than the Tesla truck.

Until I can recharge one of these things as fast as I can put fuel in the equivalent gas version, im out.

That's Vaporware. It also has fragile body panels like conventional trucks. The Fuel Cell is very interesting though and I think that's the ultimate destination for automobiles.

after an hour of very light reading, fuel cell's are not near being long term viable. they may well get replaced by micro-cold-fusion reactors before being supreme :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh