What's new
  • Check out our new Group Buy Program! We're kicking it off with Baja Designs! $10 Flat rate shipping no matter how much you order!

Cool Old Iron in your Hood

IMG_1454.jpeg
IMG_1453.jpeg
IMG_1455.jpeg
IMG_1443.jpeg

20240831_080618.jpg

Been trying to get a decent shot of this CJ-6 for weeks but the entire front of the property is trees. Maybe they are trying to keep me from seeing it, I don't know.

Looks like a great start to a long wheelbase jeep project.

I bought one of those for a hundred bucks to drive in college during the winter in Youngstown. I could never decide if I liked the style of it after having a few Monte Carlo's and a Cutlass. I just never felt that Pontiac hit the mark with their attempt on that platform. But that sumbtich didn't give me any trouble in the snow and I didn't care if the salt made it rust. It was a piece of shit with an engine that would start, brakes that stopped, and a heater that worked.

Car show yesterday

Attachments

• IMG_0354.jpeg
    IMG_0354.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0358.jpeg
    IMG_0358.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0357.jpeg
    IMG_0357.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0361.jpeg
    IMG_0361.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0360.jpeg
    IMG_0360.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0362.jpeg
    IMG_0362.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0363.jpeg
    IMG_0363.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0364.jpeg
    IMG_0364.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 6
20240820_152032.jpg

I saw all of these in Cañon City this week.

65 Comet.. always a fan of this year.

As a 15 year old kid walking home from a PT job i'd pass by a dealership with a red convertible, Cragar SS wheels and the period correct yellow traction bars. I wanted that damn thing bad.. sold it a week before i had saved half in a deal with my parents. Summer of 77.

65 Comet.. always a fan of this year.

As a 15 year old kid walking home from a PT job i'd pass by a dealership with a red convertible, Cragar SS wheels and the period correct yellow traction bars. I wanted that damn thing bad.. sold it a week before i had saved half in a deal with my parents. Summer of 77.
It sits in front of a hot rod shop down there in Cañon City.

This was at what I call Fort Apocolypse, which is across highway 9 from what used to be and is still on maps as Garo, Colorado between Hartsel and Fairplay.

That's a very nice drive, I always enjoy it. I always hear "Rocky Mountain High" in my head and I ain't even a John Denver fan.

This was at what I call Fort Apocolypse, which is across highway 9 from what used to be and is still on maps as Garo, Colorado between Hartsel and Fairplay.
20240902_143842.jpg
Is for sale, didn't stop for info.

Top Back Refresh