What's new

CL/marketplace interaction/ negotiation tactics (BaT thread hgtd reboot/ spinoff)

I hate when people are selling stuff without a price. Bro, I cant sell it and buy it

I dont care if someone wants to lowball. Doesnt cost me anything to ignore, but they get on my bad side when either - want to ask a million questions about it, then lowball - or - Lowball, I accept (just want it gone) but then they arent in a position to make the deal happen immediately.

Also dont get how many people can list something for 3K+ and can't be bothered to take more than 2 blurry pics of it

I dont care if someone wants to lowball. Doesnt cost me anything to ignore, but they get on my bad side when either - want to ask a million questions about it, then lowball - or - Lowball, I accept (just want it gone) but then they arent in a position to make the deal happen immediately.

Also dont get how many people can list something for 3K+ and can't be bothered to take more than 2 blurry pics of it
Dlbmikwig
IMG_6430.jpeg

Yep, and the pics are taken after dark.

I notice a huge correlations between how fast my widget sells and the quality and number of pics I take. Ive tried all different ways and now all my adds for tractors are pictures taken in the last hour of the day in the same spot.

Also listing on thursday night seems the best by far. You catch the early weekend crowd and are still high enough in the results for sundays stragglers. It also allows you plenty of time to renew your listing the following thursday

I notice a huge correlations between how fast my widget sells and the quality and number of pics I take. Ive tried all different ways and now all my adds for tractors are pictures taken in the last hour of the day in the same spot.
Just curious. Lots of detailed pics I would assume.

Also listing on thursday night seems the best by far. You catch the early weekend crowd and are still high enough in the results for sundays stragglers. It also allows you plenty of time to renew your listing the following thursday

Interesting, I've noticed the opposite. I get the most traffic mon-tues when people are fucking off from work.

The weekend people are doing something besides browsing Facebook.

Just curious. Lots of detailed pics I would assume.

Not even detailed pics but enough to clearly show every side. If lets say the bucket is new I might include multiple angles that happen to highlight the bucket. Ill also take multiple pics of the implements to make sure I have the max allowed pictures. Somehow in my head it seems like subconsciously the buyer will see more for the money if there is 20 pictures rather then 3

Not even detailed pics but enough to clearly show every side. If lets say the bucket is new I might include multiple angles that happen to highlight the bucket. Ill also take multiple pics of the implements to make sure I have the max allowed pictures. Somehow in my head it seems like subconsciously the buyer will see more for the money if there is 20 pictures rather then 3
I do the same as a seller, as a buyer many clear pics greatly influences weather or not I will take time fo even think about buying.

Do you wet them down?

Have a truck listed at 'asking $14,900'.

Just received a message telling me it's overpriced, and he'll only pay $10,500 because it'll have problems in 80k miles.

Thought about inquiring about his future telling crystal ball, but was less of a headache to just block.

I've had people tell me my stuff was overpriced. Sometimes I ignore them. Sometimes I respond and basically tell them I can price my stuff at whatever price I want and if they aren't interested in it for that price, I am not forcing them to buy it. Then after I sell it for my posted price (sometimes it does takes months), I will sometimes update the ad and call them out and tell them I sold it for $xxxx and to fuck off. Funny, they never respond after that.
Sometimes it is just a matter of the right buyer finding your ad. For instance, I had some Polaris oil listed on CL off and on for a year or more. Had one guy email me a couple of times telling me I should sell it on ebay, since I obviously wasn't going to get my asking price (which was cheaper than you could buy it anywhere else...online or locally) and he was tired of seeing my ad week after week. Had others try to offer me less, which my response was, "show me where you can buy it cheaper", which of course they couldn't/didn't, so they never responded. Eventually the right buyer found my ad and bought it all for my asking price.

Do the world a favor and fuck with these people to teach them a lesson. Agree to their price and then ghost them. Set up a meeting time and place and then don’t show up. Send them dick pics. SOMETHING

Have a 2000 Dodge 2500 24 valve 5 speed for sale and its got some issues but its got 140k on it and I listed it for what I paid 1.5 years ago.

Dude responded to the ad saying its priced too high and if it were lower he'd be interested. Im like, alright the price is flexible. No response.

Why bother messaging the seller if you dont agree with pricing? :confused:

Top Back Refresh