What's new

CJ7 w/ all the goodies but my frame is shot. What do I swap it all over to?

Just saw an Instalandgram story that the red UA Blazer posted earlier has been sold to a fella with a YouTube channel.

Agree to disagree I guess. Width and clearance at the rock sliders is a huge factor in rocks. This is why lot of buggies have narrow chassis compared to even jeeps and toyotas, but still wide track width.

Those rigs you posted are all sweet, just not what I would want for a dedicated crawler.
:flipoff2:
FB8E7952-1512-4A8E-A0B7-2AF0F80369DC.jpeg

3rd gen runner is not a bad rig to build over the 80 it will be lighter. But if you’re starting with a full drive train swap others would be better. What about a v6 exploder 2nd gens came with v8s and should have more room for cooling. I have not built one so someone else might chime in on frame an space.

Short term I am just gonna weld up all the frame cracks and rip the rig around on the street. Diaper and grocery getter that is more fun than my daily. Still trying to decide on what i want to do long term, but i think i am leaning towards trying to find a yj frame and tub in good shape and swap all the stuff over and probably link the rear in the process to get the wheelbase that I want. I think it makes the most sense to just bite the bullet and fab a cage for my 80 before next summer so i can feel comfortable taking my little girl with me, then i can take my time messing with the cj.

Short term I am just gonna weld up all the frame cracks and rip the rig around on the street. Diaper and grocery getter that is more fun than my daily. Still trying to decide on what i want to do long term, but i think i am leaning towards trying to find a yj frame and tub in good shape and swap all the stuff over and probably link the rear in the process to get the wheelbase that I want. I think it makes the most sense to just bite the bullet and fab a cage for my 80 before next summer so i can feel comfortable taking my little girl with me, then i can take my time messing with the cj.
👍

Top Back Refresh