What's new

Cigarettes be racist

Here in Canuckistan they have banned any and all flavors in tobacco, ya wanna smoke you are gonna smoke tobacco and that's it. They had to do it for the children because flavors "made" children take up smoking.

Hypocrites.

Ban flavors in tobacco but you can still get any flavor in alcohol you want and then some, I guess children don't drink.:mad3:

I hear now they are trying to ban flavored vape juice now.

Just further down the slippery slope.

Should not be banned, and smoking should not be banned anywhere except when the property owner deems it so. "That restaurant is smokey let's go elsewhere." If smoke from restaurant billows over into daycare, then you have to address it because you have infringement on the non consenting party. Simple yes?

Saying you don't have a right to smoke? So now the gov is the one who sets the rights of man? That's some authoritarian shit right there.

Menthols are advertised almost exclusively In black neighborhoods. Everyone knows that tobacco use over time often leads to poor health outcomes, cancer, and even death. Therefore it's obvious that tobacco companies are racist against blacks, and are trying to kill them.

Chewing tobacco is advertised almost exclusively In white, rural, areas. Everyone knows that tobacco use over time often leads to poor health outcomes, cancer, and even death. Therefore it's obvious that tobacco companies are racist against rural whites, and are trying to kill them.

Asians are the minority group most likely to smoke, so obviously advertising must be geared towards asians. Everyone knows that tobacco use over time often leads to poor health outcomes, cancer, and even death. Therefore it's obvious that tobacco companies are racist against asians, and are trying to kill them.

You have no constitutional right - by your logic - to drive a vehicle that create CO and therefore causes pollution, acid rain and global warming that impacts the world.

You have no constitutional right to eat meat, which results in methane m, which results in global warming that kills the populations..

You have no constitutional right to electricity, which creates pollution and global warming…

This can go on and on using your (lack of) understanding of how COTUS works

You're right. You have no constitutional right to any of those things.

The COTUS doesn't work like you think it works.

Saying you don't have a right to smoke? So now the gov is the one who sets the rights of man? That's some authoritarian shit right there.

Yeah, that's how our system works. The COTUS outlines very specific rights. Any right that isn't specifically delineated in the COTUS or can be argued to fall under the umbrella of a right delineated in the COTUS is subject to potential regulation by law. That's how the COTUS actually works. Hell, even specifically delineated rights aren't absolute. If you don't believe me, go yell "BOMB!" at the airport.

Some of y'all really need to take a HS civics class. No one fought for our independence and established a new nation so you could sit in a restaurant and smoke a cigarette while you flip people off with your love handles spilling out from under your Punisher t-shirt.

Last edited:

Amendment IX – Non-Enumerated Rights (1791)​

The Ninth Amendment states, “The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.” This means that the rights citizens are not limited by those listed in the Constitution. The purpose of the Ninth Amendment was to dismiss the notion that the rights not explicitly named in the Constitution did not exist. The Ninth Amendment rights or Non-enumerated rights are additional fundamental rights protected from governmental infringement.

Amendment IX – Non-Enumerated Rights (1791)​

The Ninth Amendment states, “The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.” This means that the rights citizens are not limited by those listed in the Constitution. The purpose of the Ninth Amendment was to dismiss the notion that the rights not explicitly named in the Constitution did not exist. The Ninth Amendment rights or Non-enumerated rights are additional fundamental rights protected from governmental infringement.

More info on 9A and it's background:

I can make a 9A argument that I have an inalienable right to breathe air unpolluted by cigarette smoke. You can basically make a 9A argument for anything. You can make a 9A argument that you have the right to fuck a goat.

I can make a 9A argument that I have an inalienable right to breathe air unpolluted by cigarette smoke.
Yabut, this guy has a really good point:

There is a very tiny but very fucking loud percentage of the population that literally just goes around looking for shit to be "offended" by and thinks they're entitled to the entire rest of the world bending to their virtue signaling.
. . . and he speaks for most of us when he says:

Fuck those people.

EDIT:

drop-the-mic-obama-mic-drop.gif

:flipoff2:

You're right. You have no constitutional right to any of those things.

The COTUS doesn't work like you think it works.
enlighten the class... especially on how the constitution grants rights.

Imagine this drawn in crayon just for you:

Smoking indoors is not a Constitutionally protected right. As such there's no legal argument to oppose the passage of laws banning it. Period. End of story. "Muh rights" isn't a legal argument.

Buridan`s ass. :homer:

Does not make it a Constitutional issue.

Here in Canuckistan they have banned any and all flavors in tobacco, ya wanna smoke you are gonna smoke tobacco and that's it. They had to do it for the children because flavors "made" children take up smoking.

Hypocrites.

Ban flavors in tobacco but you can still get any flavor in alcohol you want and then some, I guess children don't drink.:mad3:

I hear now they are trying to ban flavored vape juice now.
Flavored weed is ok...:lmao:

that's no shit, sherlock comment.

I'm no Constitutional scholar but I certainly have a better grasp of how it works than the "muh rights" crew who thinks that Constitutional rights mean the right do do anything they want, wherever they want, whenever they want and to hell with anyone else's rights in the process.

Yeah, that's how our system works. The COTUS outlines very specific rights. Any right that isn't specifically delineated in the COTUS or can be argued to fall under the umbrella of a right delineated in the COTUS is subject to potential regulation by law. That's how the COTUS actually works. Hell, even specifically delineated rights aren't absolute. If you don't believe me, go yell "BOMB!" at the airport.

Some of y'all really need to take a HS civics class. No one fought for our independence and established a new nation so you could sit in a restaurant and smoke a cigarette while you flip people off with your love handles spilling out from under your Punisher t-shirt.
None of those enumerations existed at the establishment of this country :homer:

Ya.

I honestly believe that people that smoke should be locked in a room with that shit so no one else has to smell it.

Don't like mine my opinion.

That's all it is really.

I'm not making any laws or oppressing anyone.

Just my opinion.
I was somewhere in Korea years ago and they had an indoor smoking room.

Has a glass wall, may as well been drywall as it was just about looked like a wood stove chimney.

And like all things, it grew in a fucked up way. The enumerated shit isn't even protected regardless of how strong the language is. Everybody wants to abdicate their responsibility in life

Like the responsibility of not exposing people to your unwanted second hand smoke?

Has a glass wall, may as well been drywall as it was just about looked like a wood stove chimney.
I saw one of those in the Phoenix airport many years ago, maybe early '80s.

EDIT: who remembers ash trays in plane arm rests?

east_beast Per the Constitution, congress can't ban smoking indoors :flipoff2:

Section. 8.​

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;—And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

So, saying there aoghtaa be a law speaks volumes.

Nobody here is claiming that you have to like indoor smoking (since this is what you're fixated on). Literally everyone is saying it's up to the property owner to decide - not the government. Anything else is overreach by the government.

editing for clarity: I imagine a large majority of members here wouldn't eat in a restaurant that was smoking only, nor would they take their kids to a daycare that allowed it's workers to smoke. That's how freedom works.

Last edited:
I saw one of those in the Phoenix airport many years ago, maybe early '80s.

EDIT: who remembers ash trays in plane arm rests?
They have a 747 that flies domestic routes in China, say Peking to Shanghai, and it's been fitted to seat over 600 of those little yellow bastards...and they allow smoking. :barf:

The company I work for has one, the building has been there since 1969 and I guess nobody told them to get rid of it. The fucking walls are yellow, and the windows have a nice patina as well.. AND it's in California.:laughing: You can smoke, surf and ski all in the same day.

Yup, among everything else.

I definitely think the loudest folks on the fringes in general suffers from a serious case of narcissism. That's why we have people offended by everything expecting the world to bend to their wishes. That's why we have folks pissing and moaning they can't chain smoke in a bar and expose everyone to their second hand smoke. That's why the same folks who
east_beast Per the Constitution, congress can't ban smoking indoors :flipoff2:

So, saying there aoghtaa be a law speaks volumes.

Nobody here is claiming that you have to like indoor smoking (since this is what you're fixated on). Literally everyone is saying it's up to the property owner to decide - not the government. Anything else is overreach by the government.

editing for clarity: I imagine a large majority of members here wouldn't eat in a restaurant that was smoking only, nor would they take their kids to a daycare that allowed it's workers to smoke. That's how freedom works.

That's the powers of Congress. I'm not aware of any efforts to ban smoking indoors on a national level, it's always state and/or local.

I definitely think the loudest folks on the fringes in general suffers from a serious case of narcissism. That's why we have people offended by everything expecting the world to bend to their wishes. That's why we have folks pissing and moaning they can't chain smoke in a bar and expose everyone to their second hand smoke. That's why the same folks who

That's the powers of Congress. I'm not aware of any efforts to ban smoking indoors on a national level, it's always state and/or local.

Not going to go through all 50 state constitutions for you, but I bet they're pretty similar :laughing: :flipoff2:

They have a 747 that flies domestic routes in China, say Peking to Shanghai, and it's been fitted to seat over 600 of those little yellow bastards...and they allow smoking. :barf:
There's ambiguity in your use of the word "yellow" above. I'll assume you're referring to nicotine staining from prolonged immersion in cigarette smoke :flipoff2:

The issue is federal pressure against the states. See: most state laws :flipoff2:

And also, the people who think smokers should only exist in tiny air filtered boxes

Top Back Refresh