What's new

Cigarettes be racist

Roc Doc

2A SNBI
Member Number
Loc
Way out West.
:lmao: Fucking assholes have to have something to bitch about. Now it's menthols. Go back to Africa already.

Proposed menthol ban gets mixed reviews from Black leaders​

By Ryan Whalen Buffalo
PUBLISHED 7:22 PM ET Feb. 16, 2023

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- When it comes to the conversation about Black smokers and menthol cigarettes, it's important to understand how we got here.
Lincoln Mondy's movie "Black Lives/Black Lungs" details how the tobacco industry targeted African American communities starting in the early 1950s. Today, he said the most recent studies show nearly 90% of Black smokers prefer menthol.
"We got here because they had unfettered access in broad daylight to wheel and deal to make menthols cheaper in Black communities. My film shows them handing out free menthol packets in urban areas like Detroit, New York and Chicago, and it really shows their long-term game plan of infiltrating the Black community with menthol products," Mondy said.
Gov. Kathy Hochul is proposing banning flavored tobacco products, including menthol. On Thursday, a group of Black clergy in Buffalo expressed concern about the plan, suggesting it unfairly targets people in their community and suggesting it be withdrawn and a working group instead convened to make recommendations to the Legislature.
"If you're going to take a stance for health disparities, if you're going to take a stance for health and wellness as it relates to smoking, ban all cigarettes," said Pastor Timothy J. Brown Sr., president of the Baptist Minister's Conference of Buffalo & Vicinity.
The co-chair of the national African American Tobacco Control Leadership Council, Carol McGruder, said these laws are not about penalizing Black people, but rather righting wrongs of the past and saving lives.
"It's about protecting Black smokers and for them to know that they can stop smoking. So we don't want people to switch to full flavored tobacco. We want our people to stop," McGruder said.
The governor's office said the proposed ban would not make it illegal to possess, purchase or use flavored tobacco and instead targets retailers with civil penalties at the point of sale. However, Black community leaders remain concerned about unintended consequences.
"We appreciate her passion to help people to live better lives, but we want to make sure that all people live better lives and that we don't set a precedent that gives policing agencies another opportunity to profile and to wrongfully charge or incarcerate people of color," Brown said.
McGruder said big tobacco has regularly used this specific fear as a way to push back against menthol bans.
"It makes me so angry that the tobacco industry, they latch on to our really visceral grievances and concerns that are legitimate grievances and concerns as we see all these videos of Black men being killed by the police all the time but these laws are getting above that. They're with the retailers and they're with the manufacturers and that's where we want to keep it," she said.
New York would become the third state to ban menthol cigarettes following Massachusetts and California. The Biden administration is also looking at banning menthols at the federal level.

I have a warped opinion.. I smoke 3/4 of a pack a day of Camel Wide Filters

I didnt like reading how some are saying all ciggs should be banned.. thats a load of crap
hell.. change the smoking age to like 40 or 50.. that would be cool

Snoop Dogg is racist too.

*An in-store display of Snoop Dogg’s Cali Red Wine was removed from a Kroger supermarket in Peachtree City, Ga. after several customers allegedly complained that it was inappropriate.

According to WSB-TV Channel 2, shoppers said it was stereotypical to sell Snoop's Cali Red wine during Black History Month.

"I just felt that it was offensive," customer Johnnie Jones, a former president of the local NAACP, told WSB-TV Channel 2.

I have a warped opinion.. I smoke 3/4 of a pack a day of Camel Wide Filters

I didnt like reading how some are saying all ciggs should be banned.. thats a load of crap
hell.. change the smoking age to like 40 or 50.. that would be cool
Are you fucking high? Freedom means I don't need some cVnts in guberment to tell me what the fuck I can and can not do.

Didn’t the feds band clover cigs for being racist years ago?

Wasn't this a thing right after obiden got in.

He was gonna ban menthols?

I don't smoke and never have so I'm ok with it.

Wasn't this a thing right after obiden got in.

He was gonna ban menthols?

I don't smoke and never have so I'm ok with it.

I’ve never smoked and I think it’s an authoritarian, anti-freedom, illegal move

Edit because this pissed me off.

“I don’t drink so I support the ban”
“I don’t like guns so I support seizing them for people “
Etc

F.
U.

Last edited:
There is a very tiny but very fucking loud percentage of the population that literally just goes around looking for shit to be "offended" by and thinks they're entitled to the entire rest of the world bending to their virtue signaling. Fuck those people.

I’ve never smoked and I think it’s an authoritarian, anti-freedom, illegal move
Ya,

I grew up with and I think it disgusting and offensive.

I don't think it should be banned and I don't care to have the argument with you or anyone.

It killed my dad and my grand parents.

And before you say, they could have quit.

They didn't because they didn't know until it was too late.

Cigarettes ought to be limited to places.

Places that nobody else has to smell that garbage.

Snoop Dogg is racist too.

*An in-store display of Snoop Dogg’s Cali Red Wine was removed from a Kroger supermarket in Peachtree City, Ga. after several customers allegedly complained that it was inappropriate.

According to WSB-TV Channel 2, shoppers said it was stereotypical to sell Snoop's Cali Red wine during Black History Month.

"I just felt that it was offensive," customer Johnnie Jones, a former president of the local NAACP, told WSB-TV Channel 2.

“ They really promoting alcohol. Proud of drinking wine? No. We're proud of the Tuskegee Airmen whose shoulders I stand on. We need to be thirsty for knowledge," Jones told the station.”

How-Lee-Fawk

Ya,

I don't think it should be banned and I don't care to have the argument with you or anyone.

I was with you for a moment.

My dad died of it as well. It crushed me. It was his choice and he could have made the choice to not do it.

It is not my, your or government’s place to tell my father or your father what the my can or can’t do to themselves.

The year my dad died, I’d have likely disagreed. But he was clear that he owned his life, his choices. So f you and anyone who thinks that someone else should make a choice for anyone. That’s tyranny.

It was his choice and he could have made the choice to not do it.

It is not my, your or government’s place to tell my father or your father what the my can or can’t do to themselves.

But he was clear that he owned his life, his choices. So f you and anyone who thinks that someone else should make a choice for anyone. That’s tyranny.
I like your father, and any others that take responsibility for their own actions.

I like your father, and any others that take responsibility for their own actions.

Over sharing.

I didn’t understand him until the day he died. I was mowing the lawn the day after as a distraction when it finally hit me… he was 1000% correct. It was his choice and not mine. That was a very embarrassing moment, emotionally. I wasted well over a decade with him because I didn’t “get it.”

So it’s personal to me when anyone tries to ban shit “because I don’t like it and therefore others shouldn’t do it “ crap.

I’ll stop now before I go into the very long come to Jesus discussion I had with him - or he had with me? - the year he died.

Ya,

Oh, government overreach is ok if you like it?

I quit almost 2 years ago. Still don't think they should be banned.

menthols have been banned in some places for a while now.

Did you actually read my post or are you just spoutin off.

I fucking said it shouldn't be banned.

Reading comprehension?

You also said

“ They didn't because they didn't know until it was too late.

Places that nobody else has to smell that garbage”

I personally believe people that smoke are ignorant!

Flat out.

Too fucking stupid and well, we'll just go from there.

How much information does a person really need ? To understand that, that is actually really really bad for you on so many levels.

But people that smoke will continue to do it and if they are that fucking ignorant then more power to them.

That would be like me just having bypass surgery and eating the shittiest diet I possibly could for the next 10 years if I were so lucky.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes I guess.

Reading comprehension?

You also said

“ They didn't because they didn't know until it was too late.

Places that nobody else has to smell that garbage”
Ya.

I honestly believe that people that smoke should be locked in a room with that shit so no one else has to smell it.

Don't like mine my opinion.

That's all it is really.

I'm not making any laws or oppressing anyone.

Just my opinion.

Ya.

I honestly believe that people that smoke should be locked in a room with that shit so no one else has to smell it.

Don't like mine my opinion.

That's all it is really.

I'm not making any laws or oppressing anyone.

Just my opinion.

Do you read your posts? Are you related to :gary:?

Honestly?

I don't have the ability to interact on this level.

I think smoking is a horrible habit.

There is a very tiny but very fucking loud percentage of the population that literally just goes around looking for shit to be "offended" by and thinks they're entitled to the entire rest of the world bending to their virtue signaling. Fuck those people.

The Internet makes that tiny population seem very large.

Massachusetts banned menthols, but legal weed yo!:shaking:Apparently a whole lot of Black people were mad at Obama because he didn't smoke Newports, he liked camel non-menthol.

Have to be pretty fucking retarded to think purposely inhaling smoke is not detrimental to your health.
One of my older brothers handed me my first cig at 4 years old. I picked up the marlboro red habit by 15 switching to menthols when I was 18. Cause the reds tasted dry and hot, should've just quit then.

I've attempted quitting a few times, going a few days is usually easy, I'd be driving along and get the craving cave and grab a pack. Went 3 months on three cigarettes a day, That was nice.

I probably haven't smoked an entire cigarette's worth in my entire life. Always thought they tasted like shit, smelled like shit, and that if you were gonna smoke something you might as well get high while you're doing it.

Top Back Refresh