What's new

California how bad does it suck ?

JD Miller

Fake member
Member Number
Loc
Goober Idaho
I hear calif sucks even worse now. More crime, more taxes and higher fees, more traffic, more illegals, less freedom

It's a big state with a lot of different people and areas to live and play but generally all of those things are true and are trending in the wrong direction.

Also, Sirch Noob, there are eleventy billion California Sucks threads full of Texans and Idahoans.:flipoff2:

Probably 75% of the population in California loves where they live. What is important to us is just weird to and not understood by them. We are the zoo here, they are the sobering reality unfortunately.

once you get off the interstate, it seems like its more of a suggestion.
I've been making plenty of weekend runs from OC to Topock lately, and once you get past the construction in Victorville it's a free for all, 70 or more with the trailer. and 80 without.

My only complaint is the jack ass truckers that are head down in their phones and can't keep a rig in a lane. I swear 75% of them are clearly on a phone.

And every trip you see one off the freeway that plowed a guardrail.

It's a big state with a lot of different people and areas to live and play but generally all of those things are true and are trending in the wrong direction.

Also, Sirch Noob, there are eleventy billion California Sucks threads full of Texans and Idahoans.:flipoff2:
:lmao: GASP:laughing:SUCKS AIR IN...
A DEMACOMMIES paradise
Nannyfornia = No You Cannot Do That :flipoff:

I've been making plenty of weekend runs from OC to Topock lately, and once you get past the construction in Victorville it's a free for all, 70 or more with the trailer. and 80 without.

My only complaint is the jack ass truckers that are head down in their phones and can't keep a rig in a lane. I swear 75% of them are clearly on a phone.

And every trip you see one off the freeway that plowed a guardrail.
Only direct experience with CA is KoH. Tons of CHP on 40 to Barstow.

Hop off at Needles and go through the desert and it was a free for all. Almost met God overtaking one semi, and the oncoming semi was cooking at 75 to 80.

The desert people were odd, but the ones I met/conversed with were decent people.

Outside the metro areas, its pretty awesome. If you can ignore the corrupt politics, insane liberalism/wokeness, your taxes being used against you, and the absolutely terrible and always changing for the worse gun laws.

I am hoping to finally move out of CA after 51 years (born and raised here)

Totally sucks. Stay away.

17121812739208918999541710407056.jpg

If you own anything, check to make sure it is not illegal to bring into the state. If you like paying a premium every year for things you already own out right, go ahead and go. If you think they are only shitting on the sidewalks in SF, you are wrong. If you think when your neighbors are all cool and think the same way, their neighbors aren't...any of them.

Reactions: Clb
What you've heard is mostly true. California has some awesome natural attributes, but the politics and cost of living sucks.

I moved from California to Georgia 3 years ago. Took my cash equity and I'm living like a king now, with a lower cost of living. And I get "brand new to me" awesome natural attributes in Georgia.

What you've heard is mostly true. California has some awesome natural attributes, but the politics and cost of living sucks.

I moved from California to Georgia 3 years ago. Took my cash equity and I'm living like a king now, with a lower cost of living. And I get "brand new to me" awesome natural attributes in Georgia.
I don't ever want to go back. Had a tornado hit 15 miles from me in Sunbright, TN where I go I for Red Bulls and to put some gas in the tank after taking the trash to the recovery station. The trade off is fine with me.

We offer free rent once you leave California for good. You will inherit strong tendencies to talk shit about/start threads on how bad it is and how much it sucked living there.

Result, free rent in your head provided by none other than; California.

I feel like you would need to have the sort of optimism that you could reliably haul a 25k lb race race trailer cross country with a 300k mile Ford 6.0 to have the right attitude to live in Cali.

Top Back Refresh