What's new

California flooding and evacs

0A7B3458-2677-46F4-A6BB-98C22B4ABDFB.jpeg

Water is above my door jams and coming in. Pushed a car with people in it out. I was then followed in by a stock Ford expedition and sedan. Their cars obviously also died and they needed rescue.

The stupidity was mind blowing.

46DCB248-8B0D-42EE-90BB-580176635D7D.jpeg

You could drive anywhere and this was a common scene.

99.9% of this was morons. There wasn’t a true “flash flood” that came through. The water kept rising and people kept attempting to cross.

Yes, it came up quick, but these people weren’t trapped, they made the decision to try and go through it. I literally watched it over and over.

Hell, the next day, the fire department was out doing more and more rescues because people were going around barricades, attempting to cross what looked like lakes.

There’s been a verified death due to the flooding and people are trying to blame the county for not blocking the road.
Let me make this clear, there is no stopping stupidity. The past few days truly showed me what sheep many humans truly are.

Barricades truly didn’t help. They were driven around, moved or ran over.

0A7B3458-2677-46F4-A6BB-98C22B4ABDFB.jpeg

Water is above my door jams and coming in. Pushed a car with people in it out. I was then followed in by a stock Ford expedition and sedan. Their cars obviously also died and they needed rescue.

The stupidity was mind blowing.

It is crazy how many people in small cars and crossovers will just try to drive through flooded roads. Edit: apparently even trucks and fullsize suv's. Especially when there is already stranded rigs right in front of you.

My buddy and I hit waste deep water in his 90s MR2 at about 75 mph. We were teens being idiots.

We first thought it was only ~6" deep and were kinda laughing. It went from funny to holy shit really quick. He almost got swept away into the darkness, which was barb wire fences, downed trees, and just not fun.

Ended up pulling it out in my buddies brick nose F350 on 35s. It was deep enough to be coming in on the floor. Car almost flipped in the current and ditch.

Those calm looking flooded roads can be so much more dangerous than they look. Even for an able bodied young man. Much less a mom with little kids or an elderly person.

It is crazy how many people in small cars and crossovers will just try to drive through flooded roads. Edit: apparently even trucks and fullsize suv's. Especially when there is already stranded rigs right in front of you.

My buddy and I hit waste deep water in his 90s MR2 at about 75 mph. We were teens being idiots.

We first thought it was only ~6" deep and were kinda laughing. It went from funny to holy shit really quick. He almost got swept away into the darkness, which was barb wire fences, downed trees, and just not fun.

Ended up pulling it out in my buddies brick nose F350 on 35s. It was deep enough to be coming in on the floor. Car almost flipped in the current and ditch.

Those calm looking flooded roads can be so much more dangerous than they look. Even for an able bodied young man. Much less a mom with little kids or an elderly person.
I don’t get scared of much. Trying to walk my winch cable out in rushing water scared the fuck outta me. These morons were driving one after another into it.

They’d pull up, look at it and start cruising in, 1 after another until their vehicle died. They’d see it suck my 40” tires up to try and help someone and still follow me in their car.

I don’t get scared of much. Trying to walk my winch cable out in rushing water scared the fuck outta me. These morons were driving one after another into it.

They’d pull up, look at it and start cruising in, 1 after another until their vehicle died. They’d see it suck my 40” tires up to try and help someone and still follow me in their car.

There are some times in situations like that, where I truly loose faith in the Han race.

The most recent one for me was working on a broken water line at a closed burger King. People could not understand how burger King could be closed in the middle of a week day. It was actually really sad.

EDDE5EF5-AC75-49B4-B4DF-6B9B28EE090A.jpeg

This all happened after I told them to stop. That’s an in & out semi, f350 4x4, crew cab f150, there another f150 behind the semi and a Toyota Corolla.
Wow, what street is that? Looks to country road to have a semi on it.

Wow, what street is that? Looks to country road to have a semi on it.
It’s Mingo rd. It’s a small county road that nobody drives on, but it’s an exit off 99. When the freeway stopped, morons started attempting it to find a quick route around. There was no quick route. The direction they were heading had much worse flooding and it was very obvious.

They could’ve simply jumped on the frontage rd, head south and crossed over to i5 either in lodi or Stockton

Not sure how bad the damage is but it sounds like two or more roads outside of Georgetown along Wentworth Springs are hosed. Sort of good is we are getting snow so no rain to help destroy. I'll see about getting a picture or two of the damage tomorrow AM. Awesome two days starting 2023:homer:

The blue in wood that you see is rot. That's why Nature Nazis will file a Environmental Impact study suit to be done, that way the timber will rot and become worthless by the time the suit and study is wrapped up.. Nature Nazis are NOT the friend of the forest!
That is also how to put sawmills out of business as it did to us in the Bitterroot Valley. Suits happened to us in Montana a lot.

Yes but the blue I'm used to seeing is from Pine Beetles and it's a reaction from a fungus the beetles leaves behind?

I'm going to guess reopening mills, expanding, or even building new ones, to use the timber before it rots, is probably next to impossible because of environmental regs.

Nope once closed they are done for. Convenient way for the nazi's to get what they want. We just had one local mill close up, everything was sold off and gone in about 6 months. Now they are saying they need more timber sales. No way anyone is going to rebuild a new milling plant.

steel cable or rope? I was surprised how much drag a steel line will create. The rest of that is nuts.

steel cable or rope? I was surprised how much drag a steel line will create. The rest of that is nuts.
Steel cable, but that wasn’t even the main issue. The water was ridiculously cold and was flowing the same direction that the wind was blasting.

I now have a lot more respect for those that do water rescues and completely get how people die in this shit.

I had to get my oldest and her boyfriend to the airport Saturday. Sloughhouse becomes an island when there is flooding. I was able to get the kids out through Dillard Road, but I couldn’t get back in that way. Later Dillard & Hwy 99 became a lake, someone drowned there a couple hours later. I tried to go around to Jackson Road that was technically “closed”, but people were still pushing through. After watching a couple trucks go through I decided I wasn’t going to risk it.

I was here for the 1997 flooding, that was bad. This weekend came close.

This is why I grocery shop the way I do :homer:

It’s Mingo rd. It’s a small county road that nobody drives on, but it’s an exit off 99. When the freeway stopped, morons started attempting it to find a quick route around. There was no quick route. The direction they were heading had much worse flooding and it was very obvious.

They could’ve simply jumped on the frontage rd, head south and crossed over to i5 either in lodi or Stockton
when I’m in a leisurely mood I’ll take a lot of those roads home on my commute from Stockton. On Friday I took Dillard, lots of roadside puddles, but Eagles Nest north of Grantline was flooded over in many spots. On occasion the fog lights on the Civic were underwater.

Last edited:
Every dollar spent rebuilding is a dollar not spent trying to fuck me over via national politics. :smokin:

I have been through 4 floods in my time here, and I have to concur that thel level of "DUMB" keeps elevateing .
And fwiw
Once the water hits yer knees and is moveing enough to see it. Yer in to deep!
Yes I have gone deeper to get to the truck out back BUT...
Here's to the high ground guys.:beer:

MERCED, Calif. (FOX26) —
A portion of Highway 59 in Merced is currently closed due to flooding.
The closure is on Highway 59, between Reilly Road and Sandy Mush Road.
CHP Merced says they estimate the closure to last four to five days and advise drivers to use alternate routes.
5502b3f3-30eb-4a57-8fd2-43cf0d0872ac-large16x9_MERCEDPD.jpg
I always wondered if Sandy Mush was pissed at her parents for naming her that. She did get a road named for her so maybe they felt bad later.

Here is a good picture of the "main" road from my area(not Wentworth Springs):
RoadBoom.jpg

From what I've read, the other road in/out is worse.

At least the good news is they have crews on scene that are claiming it will be repaired by Friday... fighting with the system coming in.

Here is a good picture of the "main" road from my area(not Wentworth Springs):
RoadBoom.jpg

From what I've read, the other road in/out is worse.

At least the good news is they have crews on scene that are claiming it will be repaired by Friday... fighting with the system coming in.
What road is that?

Are you guys gonna survive? :lmao: Is tough living when it’s not 60 and sunny out every day of the week.

Joking aside hopefully nothing bad happens. :flipoff2:
No, this sucks. I had to wear a warm jacket the last few days because I was cold. WTF is that chit?

Also I tried to go for a bike ride and I got wet. Boo. Garbage.

Had some friends who live in a low spot next to a creek out side santa cruz have their back yard flood. They had been there a few years and felt it wasn't normal for how much rain they had gotten so they hiked/waded/swam down stream and found their neighbor's fence a few houses down had collapsed into the stream a dammed it up causing the flooding. Neighbor wasn't home, so they cleared the fence our for them. Flooding fixed.

Top Back Refresh