What's new

California flooding and evacs

Rooney77

Bearded lady
Member Number
Loc
TX
What's the story? I overheard someone mention it.

Damn hadnt heard, my back yard is a swamp, but I'm at the downstream end of it all. 94925

300sniper I think is sort of up that way and posted a pretty good flood pic in his thread.

Damn hadnt heard, my back yard is a swamp, but I'm at the downstream end of it all. 94925

300sniper I think is sort of up that way and posted a pretty good flood pic in his thread.
So will it be heading your way then?

Seeing Wilton evac order smurfblue40 you all good? I might have your location a bit off, but I think you are over that way.

So will it be heading your way then?

Yes, but we are on the bay, so it would have to be REALLY bad. :laughing:

We get localized street flooding at the high tides with a lot of rain. It's the king tides we worry about. If it's raining and we have a 7' (king) high tide we might end up with water in the house. Next ones are in January around the 20th.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221231-151936_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20221231-151936_Facebook.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 57
This was Coloma a few hours ago.
B6325009-3D03-4991-9BBC-214A93713AA0.jpeg
0793BFC4-80C3-47A2-A4C6-3CE1CC12FB25.jpeg

Is this going to be 82 and 96 all over again...

Interesting I haven't heard anything g about all the burn scar areas...yet. I'm guessing it's going to get messy next week.

Good news is the rain is slowing considerably here in the bay.

Is this going to be 82 and 96 all over again...

Interesting I haven't heard anything g about all the burn scar areas...yet. I'm guessing it's going to get messy next week.

Good news is the rain is slowing considerably here in the bay.
HWY 50 is shut down at Ice House. Think I heard White Hall is evacuated.

HWY 50 is shut down at Ice House. Think I heard White Hall is evacuated.

Damn. If anyone needs help, I can drag the bronco up close and road it to where it is needed. It's still "legal"

So I thought all the reservoirs were about empty out there???? So now they're full? Oroville? Someone learn me please

Yes, and the inflow right now is incredible. Our local reservoirs are tiny compared to Oroville and Shasta.

I'm guessing they will be full by the end of next week if they aren't already dumping like crazy. EDIT: Oor local reservoirs. Not Shasta or Oroville.

Who is responsible for maintaining and clearing the water runoffs, like ditches and such?
If a local area gets flooded because debris was not cleared out from a runoff, should it have been the city or county that needed to have it cleared?

The homeless add to this problem. They like to camp near streams and rivers and their garbage just floats until it gets hung up and piles up to dam up otherwise clear runoffs.

Who is responsible for maintaining and clearing the water runoffs, like ditches and such?

As someone who has worked for a bunch of .gov places with creeks and streams on the property. The .gov does from my experience.

One place I worked had a neighbor who claimed poor maintenance caused the flood that wiped out his front lawn, tax payers paid for his lawn to be redone. In reality $5k for what it would have cost to try and fight it was cheaper than trying to fight it.

Apparently nobody…well…me I guess in my neighborhood . Seem no one rakes leaves around here. Streets were flooding, so I cleaned them out.
Last year was doing that and one neighbor came out and told me to stop, said he was fighting with the county to force them to clean it. what ev

If a local area gets flooded because debris was not cleared out from a runoff, should it have been the city or county that needed to have it cleared?

Apparently no one after the gagillion dollar corps of engineers project on the napa river, the ditches are still full o debris...

the homeless add to this problem. They like to camp near streams and rivers and their garbage just floats until it gets hung up and piles up to dam up otherwise clear runoffs.

Big problem here from this , city will fill 40 yds of encampment every 2 years.
Godspeed to those in danger

Top Back Refresh