What's new

Bud Light partners with trans activist Dylan Mulvaney for March Madness

Okay this one might be a li'l more complex than you'd want it to be.

Let's start out with what 'gender' is; it is nothing more than whatever whims are coming to mind in the moment. It has no connection to the physical, it is purely irrational emotion. However, I believe that it is a worthwhile distinction to make, between 'sex' and 'gender', as they are separate concepts. However, I have not seen anyone whose life has been improved by a fixation on identity (gender or otherwise). To say 'I am not a believer in gender' is an extension of that.

It is a thing. It is not a particularly useful thing. It is nonetheless a thing.
Seems silly and made up.

Emotions are immaterial and fleeting. And not quantifiable. Any "science" based on such silliness seems more like propaganda utilized to divide.

I dunno what you just said:homer: But you either have a dick or you dont. Its that simple
'sex' can be that simple,
but with horrifying burritodicks and axe wounds becoming more commonplace even nominal physical characteristics don't adequately cut it for distinguishing sex any longer

I think it should be

sex: what you are Male or Female

Live as what you want but don't yell as me if I don't "get it" and don't put me in jail for saying something you don't like.

Seems silly and made up.

Emotions are immaterial and fleeting. And not quantifiable. Any "science" based on such silliness seems more like propaganda utilized to divide.
yup welcome to 'soft sciences'
where things that sound good get treated as fact and proof is entirely unnecessary

As an aside, this is why economics is so fucked up lately. In the collectivist's mind (right or left!) econ is a soft science where to anyone with sense econ is a hard science.

'sex' can be that simple,
but with horrifying burritodicks and axe wounds becoming more commonplace even nominal physical characteristics don't adequately cut it for distinguishing sex any longer

Lol where do you live?:lmao: that shit isnt exactly common around here.

Soon there will be over 8 billion different genders…

Or different levels ln the gender spectrum

Oh like how it has always been, but still either male or female biologically

yup welcome to 'soft sciences'
where things that sound good get treated as fact and proof is entirely unnecessary

As an aside, this is why economics is so fucked up lately. In the collectivist's mind (right or left!) econ is a soft science where to anyone with sense econ is a hard science.
Why do you suppose a relatively materialist and rational species like humans would subject themselves to rule by emotion, which does nothing but lead to our own enslavement and destruction?

Soon there will be over 8 billion different genders…

Or different levels ln the gender spectrum

Oh like how it has always been, but still either male or female biologically
So Gender is like an opinion

And Sex is science.

You can have an opinion regarding gender, I just may not agree, and in kind people should understand I don't agree.

But sex is what you were born as, regardless what you feel. So filling out an application listing your birth sex would be correct,

Maybe the problem is on their side not knowing the difference between sex and gender, I think most applications ask you to list your sex.

But what do I know I'm just an old white male, my opinion is probably the least important.:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

I found a little bit comical that 486 is giving a reasoned, inside adjacent, but informed and rational response, and most everybody else is doing the,”fingers in my ears, Lala la, I can only see my side,” response
He has said for years, and it is true if you look up the origin of it, gender is feelings and sex is biology. The current war is, don’t push your feelings on me, and stay the fuck away from my kids with it.

The hits keep on coming...

Costco is dropping Bud Light. They have the purchasing power of god and they're saying "bye Felicia". Another ring of the death knell.

My crystal ball says the label disappears permanently. It will get rebranded/repackaged into something else.

EDIT: Sorry I missed that other members posted this earlier - I was distracted by the current derailment of this thread :flipoff2:

Last edited:
I found a little bit comical that 486 is giving a reasoned, inside adjacent, but informed and rational response, and most everybody else is doing the,”fingers in my ears, Lala la, I can only see my side,” response
He has said for years, and it is true if you look up the origin of it, gender is feelings and sex is biology. The current war is, don’t push your feelings on me, and stay the fuck away from my kids with it.
that was my take on 486's replies as well. and I would agree with him. sex is biology, gender is feelings..

So Gender is like an opinion

"What is the old Oxford Dictionary definition of gender?
The state of being male or female as expressed by social or cultural distinctions and differences, rather than biological ones; the collective attributes or traits associated with a particular sex, or determined as a result of one's sex. Also: a (male or female) group characterized in this way. 1945 Amer. Jrnl."

"Collective attributes associated with a particular sex, or determined as a result of one's sex."

Unless I'm reading that wrong, the statement in bold contradicts the statement I quoted above. I suppose the bold statement is using the next sentence as an example of what gender is not?

Didn't forms when we were kids ask your gender, male or female? I'm certain they did. They didn't put sex on forms to keep adolescent boys from giggling and writing in "yes please":laughing:

The meaning of gender has changed. Like so many other things. We don't have to participate though.

That's a 2 way street. :homer:
indeed
but that's exactly why I started out this whole story arc by saying 'you don't question validity of gender' because being definitionally correct is a rock to cling to in the raging torrent of opinion

it only reinforces the delusions

"What is the old Oxford Dictionary definition of gender?
The state of being male or female as expressed by social or cultural distinctions and differences, rather than biological ones; the collective attributes or traits associated with a particular sex, or determined as a result of one's sex. Also: a (male or female) group characterized in this way. 1945 Amer. Jrnl."
Unless I'm reading that wrong, the statement in bold contradicts the statement I quoted above. I suppose the bold statement is using the next sentence as an example of what gender is not?
Note the "rather than biological ones" and also the "collective attributes" which would be taken in opposition to 'individual attributes'
that's the important bit you're glossing over

Note the "rather than biological ones" and also the "collective attributes" which would be taken in opposition to 'individual attributes'
that's the important bit you're glossing over
so this part of my post:

"I suppose the bold statement is using the next sentence as an example of what gender is not? "

Also, would "collective attributes" not specifically tie gender and sex together. Collectively we all have toxic masculinity, wouldnt we all be considered men? :laughing:

My crystal ball says the label disappears permanently. It will get rebranded/repackaged into something else.
Would be hilarious if they tried to come out with some other beer marketed to "conservatives" and wound up insulting everyone again because they didn't fire the marketing department. :laughing:

so this part of my post:

"I suppose the bold statement is using the next sentence as an example of what gender is not? "

Also, would "collective attributes" not specifically tie gender and sex together. Collectively we all have toxic masculinity, wouldnt we all be considered men? :laughing:
traits of the collective are not necessarily those of the individual
to go full sdcj, we just had a supreme court decision on this with the net result being (hopefully) the end of affirmative action

boiling it down further, any time you're talking about the collective, you're probably yapping about "a community" that doesn't actually exist, like 'the black community' or 'the gay community' or 'the off-road community'

any time you're talking about the collective, you're probably yapping about "a community" that doesn't actually exist,
Borg_cube,_2366.jpg

Top Back Refresh