What's new

Bud Light partners with trans activist Dylan Mulvaney for March Madness

I bet other brewery’s could do quite well by slapping a “not brewed by AB“ sticker on their boxes right now. Take the guesswork out of the decision.
Guerilla marketing like that can be effective.

What I would like the MSM financials to report on is not only the hit that ABI is taking but the sales increases with the main competitors. It's not like people stopped drinking beer. We are getting "boots-on-the-ground" intel in this thread as far as local stock and supply, but for every loser in a market, there is a winner; somebody is winning. This will be a brilliant case study in an MBA program someday.

To elaborate on how truck drivers etc get fucked by this. Most of the distributors for big brands like the distributor that does Budweiser here don't just pay hourly. In fact the hourly is generally kind of shit. This also goes for their merchandisers and of course the warehouse guys too. They do this because they also pay by the case count delivered and pay for each empty keg returned to the warehouse from accounts. They do this for a few reasons.

Number one it makes guys work harder and put effort into their routes and keeping customers satisfied because your paycheck is tied to the accts orders. Number two it makes sure you bring your empties back because ab charges the distributor a deposit for each keg which is then passed on to the customer. Customer returns the keg they get their deposit back. Empty gets shipped back to ab distributor gets their deposit back and so on. If guys don't bring shit back you can have a fuck ton of money tied up in empty kegs.:homer:

So basically it fucks the blue collar guys at the distributor level because less beer sold= less beer delivered and less kegs empty. So couple that with the cut in hours because also not handling as much beer and a lot of guys are about to be really hurting. Which is good because we poach our drivers off those guys:flipoff2:

What I would like the MSM financials to report on is not only the hit that ABI is taking but the sales increases with the main competitors. It's not like people stopped drinking beer. We are getting "boots-on-the-ground" intel in this thread as far as local stock and supply, but for every loser in a market, there is a winner; somebody is winning. This will be a brilliant case study in an MBA program someday.
355EAE64-835A-4161-9F96-421FC7785199.jpeg

A friend of mine works at a beer distributor. We spoke today about bud light sales. Usually they sell a pallet of 30 (maybe 36 packs, I'm not sure) just about every 1 1/2 weeks. I asked about the over 3/4 full pallet that was at the shop. It's been there for about 2 weeks now. Sales of regular bud slowed too, but not as bad as BL.

Watch the movie Beer Wars. There is so much owned by ABInBev it's astounding.

They may not brew the beer, but have the rights to where it is sold, or the transportation of said product.

One of my Wa favorites was Red Hook brewing from Seattle/Woodinville. Got bought out by AB and ended up closing their brewery/restraunt. Now they just pump out product.

They also bought out most of the home brewing supply stuff basically turning Northern Brewer into Shitty Amazon for home brewing supplies. Cheaper and shittier.

Now there are very few home brew supply stores anymore. They just can't compete.

They also bought out most of the home brewing supply stuff basically turning Northern Brewer into Shitty Amazon for home brewing supplies. Cheaper and shittier.

Now there are very few home brew supply stores anymore. They just can't compete.

Huh did not know that about Northern Brewer but now that makes sense based on the last time I casually browsed their site. I haven't bought from them in years as I have all the equip I need but I was surprised at the "shittiness" myself. I have and always will support Austin Homebrew. Good outfit.

I was disappointed when Sam Calgione, founder/owner/operator of Dogfish Head, merged with Boston Beer Co/Sam Adams but they are fighting the good fight and keeping themselves independent and supporting/nurturing other small breweries. The only problem is when someone (like ABI) makes an offer you can't refuse. I can understand the cash-out/sell-out mentality and that is probably what happened with how the smaller outfits got gobbled up.

/hijack

I am in the business and I promise you they are.
I'm wondering if Yuengling is considering expanding their distribution area. I know quite a few folks who enjoy it, but for the most part it's not available in MI. I can drive to Toledo and pick it up anywhere, just cost me an hour of my time.

I'm wondering if Yuengling is considering expanding their distribution area. I know quite a few folks who enjoy it, but for the most part it's not available in MI. I can drive to Toledo and pick it up anywhere, just cost me an hour of my time.
maybe. but the draw on it right now is that its "rare". its not particularly good. after all the hype, its disappointingly just below mediocre.

Its not that i WONT drink it if someone gave me some, but i had a 30 pack in my fridge that someone brought me. and i couldnt hardly give those beers away.

i think i just loaded it up in my cooler, went to an event or something, and discreetly unloaded into someone elses cooler.

once the shiny novelty wears off on Youngling, the jig is up.

It's a small brewery
Does not have the capacity.

maybe. but the draw on it right now is that its "rare". its not particularly good. after all the hype, its disappointingly just below mediocre.

Its not that i WONT drink it if someone gave me some, but i had a 30 pack in my fridge that someone brought me. and i couldnt hardly give those beers away.

i think i just loaded it up in my cooler, went to an event or something, and discreetly unloaded into someone elses cooler.

I understand it’s not great beer. I personally put it on about the same level as Budweiser.

Bets on how long before This Dylan thing commits suicide?

We have to wait for it's 15 minutes of fame to be over, then the clock starts.

Would not be surprised to find out in less than 2 years it off'd itself.
This seems to be how it goes much of the time. I'd not bet against it, that's for sure.

I'd never tried it until a little over a week ago. I picked up a 12 pack of Golden Pilsner and I like it. I plan to try the more darker beers soon.

Oh and after being a Bud Light fan for 30 plus years, no amount of back peddling will get me back :flipoff:

I don't think he actually is a real transgender. I think he's playing a character. He was a Broadway actor and I don't actually see this being an emotionally disturbed individual. Someone milking this for money and fame with no regard for shame? Sure.

His persona seems too much like a caricature to be serious

If he does it at the height of fame I bet there is a shitshow the likes of which we have never seen.

Star Wars logic: he strikes himself down and becomes more powerfull than we can possibly imagine.:lmao::homer:
obi-wan-kenobi-death.gif

Yes, only one can of the freakshow. And stop with the "s/he" crap and stick to reality. HE showed a 6 pack of regular cans.
Good point. I should have added the eyeroll.
Look at the six pack you just posted. Notice no face on any of them but for the one can.
Yeah, that's why I posted it. FactChecking!
I don't think he actually is a real transgender. I think he's playing a character. He was a Broadway actor and I don't actually see this being an emotionally disturbed individual. Someone milking this for money and fame with no regard for shame? Sure.

His persona seems too much like a caricature to be serious
Not sure where I saw it, but ^ was right. He posted a trans video as a joke, and rolled with it when he got millions of views.
Imagine if that poor bastard is straight and normal, and stuck with this ridiculous albatross! He can dry his tears with sponsorship checks...

It tastes like pennies

Top Back Refresh