What's new

big dumb loads

5901642783495.jpg

Looks like a 308, so ~20k lbs, would almost be OK if it all wasn't on the very front :homer:

At least he got it strapped down good....... :laughing:
damn you can actually see a little bit of bow in the deck of the trailer..

Not sure why they didn't spin that around and put the bucket end up by the neck and the tracks over the trailer wheels??

Not sure I would trust straps run over tracks like that, my luck they would be shredded by the time I arrived.

Aaron Z
As long as they're not moving they should be fine. Tracks tend to be nice and smooth from constantly be in the dirt/rocks.

damn you can actually see a little bit of bow in the deck of the trailer..

Not sure why they didn't spin that around and put the bucket end up by the neck and the tracks over the trailer wheels??

I've always loaded them backwards, just don't pull up all the way to the very front. I also put the boom down low too, even on little ones, just cause.

Not sure I would trust straps run over tracks like that, my luck they would be shredded by the time I arrived.

Aaron Z

Right over your head? :flipoff2:

Straps are not at all the correct tie down for that.

I thought it was some dumbass that hooked his Ef won shitty to the big trailer until I counted the lugnuts.. :laughing:

how high did the front tires come off the ground when he picked up the stinger?

Reactions: Clb
I can't believe I never thought to put this in here.
My neighbor gave this bus away for scrap. This is how it left.
It is rear engine, by the way.
I need neighbors like that. I'd have parted it out for free if I got to keep a few things.

20220124_192014.jpg

Downtown Santa Ana.right now.
No idea where he came from, or where he's going.
Between the Cummins, the flipped up tow mirrors and the wide load sign on the front he should have no problem handling that...

That said, it looks like he knows enough of what he's doing to get more tickets then the average Joe might because he should know better...

Aaron Z

holy shit that is impressive damage to that wheel. that is all new break too. not like it was already cracked and that finished it off. :eek:

That said, it looks like he knows enough of what he's doing to get more tickets then the average Joe might because he should know better...
And this is why I laugh at all the morons getting CDLs and using MDTs to move personal shit. It just paints a target on your back. When you're doing shit that's illegal but not actively unsafe that particular minute making the right impression on the cops is 90% of the battle.

Some people see a BDL. I see an advertisement for Mortiz trailer. :laughing:

Ive seen oe alum sd drw crack at the spokes and semi steels crack on the wheel flange but ive never seen a steel pickup drw wheel blow its guts out like that.

I dont have anymore pics. Id wager rear out and he was on a rut/birm and all the weight on 1 did it.

I assumed it was a trailer rim although it didn't say whether it was truck or trailer.. The trailer deck caught fire part is what made me think it was a trailer rim?

Truck looks to have aluminum wheels on it? but the blown out tire is a M+S so not sure?

I assumed it was a trailer rim although it didn't say whether it was truck or trailer.. The trailer deck caught fire part is what made me think it was a trailer rim?

Truck looks to have aluminum wheels on it? but the blown out tire is a M+S so not sure?

I thought so too, but that could have been from just rubbing?

Even the fancier trucks will come with steel rear inners. I think that truck should have came with 245/75r17s, but he obviously could have changed them.

The newly sectioned wheel appears to be aluminum, based on the thickness and color of sectioned views. Four slot wheel, truck has five. F450 should be 17 or 19.5, look like 17. Don't think it will fit smaller.

an f450 pickup with 17" wheels??

They put 17s on the pickup F450s for a few years. My guess is all the people bitching about the 19.5s on their fancy pickups. They went back to 19.5s pretty quickly.

What I don't get is that the tires they put on the stock 19.5 trucks aren't really rated for that much. I feel like they could just build better 17s or even 18s that would hold near the same wieght, but not have all the issues of 19.5s

Top Back Refresh