What's new

big dumb loads

modern machine with rubber tracks down dirt roads only = no tie downs

pavement = tie downs

:flipoff2:

Reactions: DMG
Idk man. Accidents happen. It’s so easy to need to swerve or hit the brakes. Strapping down takes 10 minutes. Peace of mind if you ask me. I always tie my buggy down 4 corners with axle straps.

Built Ford tuff :flipoff2:
D7D9A3E9-9325-482D-914D-E7455F90072D.jpeg
DBC124D6-5E57-471D-A4F4-AC355DCA7AAC.jpeg

Idk man. Accidents happen. It’s so easy to need to swerve or hit the brakes. Strapping down takes 10 minutes. Peace of mind if you ask me. I always tie my buggy down 4 corners with axle straps.
THIS!

I see it all the time in the SXS community.. spend $20-40k on a SXS and then when they do tie them down it's either by the winch line, or they get 2-4 1" HF ATV straps..:homer:

THIS!

I see it all the time in the SXS community.. spend $20-40k on a SXS and then when they do tie them down it's either by the winch line, or they get 2-4 1" HF ATV straps..:homer:
Those stretchy rubber band stamped steel ratchet straps looped through the bumper. One on each end. :homer:

My wife's car broke down about a mile from home. MAF sensor. Wouldn't start. Walked home, got the trailer, loaded it up, no tie downs. I hated that. I didn't go over 5mph but I was nervous as shit. :laughing:

Was driving through Springfield MO a couple years ago coming home from SMORR. I passed a truck pulling a car trailer with a restored Chevelle on it rocking on the parking pawl. No shit, it had 4 ATV size ratchet straps holding it on the trailer.. :eek:

Was driving through Springfield MO a couple years ago coming home from SMORR. I passed a truck pulling a car trailer with a restored Chevelle on it rocking on the parking pawl. No shit, it had 4 ATV size ratchet straps holding it on the trailer.. :eek:
1200# load limit x 4 straps = 4800# car, right? There's never any other forces at play when you need the straps, like accidents, hard braking, quickly changing lanes to avoid an accident... That Chevelle will be just fine!:lmao:

Harley guys might be worst. Brand new tractor supply trailer. Again with the rubber band straps. Probably on the kickstand.

How does any of that work??? Car is on the bumps in back and the front tires are barely on the ground, and it's FWD. How the fuck does that car get enough traction to overcome the drag that trailer and the "helper tire" under the neck provide???

If that pile of WTF actually moves and stops under its own power, I'm impressed.....

How does any of that work??? Car is on the bumps in back and the front tires are barely on the ground, and it's FWD. How the fuck does that car get enough traction to overcome the drag that trailer and the "helper tire" under the neck provide???

If that pile of WTF actually moves and stops under its own power, I'm impressed.....
The lack of skid marks leading up to that spot tell me the helper tire isn't there when it's moving.

EDIT: on the bent frame ford, looks like only 8 lugs so F350 not even the F450 pickup.... wow...F550 would maybe survive that setup

Reading between the lines I'm betting the cop said something along the lines of I'm not going to ticket you but you need to unhook and have it towed. Best (or worst) part is it was seen 2 days later dumped in same spot with no car or trailer.

Last edited:
Reading between the lines I'm betting the cop said something along the lines of I'm not going to ticket you but you need to unhook and have it towed. Best (or worst) part is it was seen 2 days later dumped in same spot with no car or trailer.

Dude probably got it for free on a "get it out of my yard" basis and when he got told not to tow it with a sedan he ditched the boat because most of the easy profit is in the trailer with these kinds of things. Looks like kind of a nice boat to be ditched though.

Saw this one today. Guess he’s been waiting on scrap to go back up
32A4EF79-6F74-4CF7-820D-64B3B1D9DFA2.jpeg

Had to test out one of the new F-150s at work. Really other than the shit tires it did pretty good for 3k in the bed.

Attachments

• IMG_20211124_115718.jpg
    IMG_20211124_115718.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
Interesting. what is your max height in OZ? they have to haul them laying on their side in the State since standing up they would be too tall to go under bridges.

how do you even make those tires?

edit: better yet, how do you mount them? really long pry bar?

Top Back Refresh