What's new

big dumb loads

FB_IMG_1644843627809.jpg
Love how they added wood to lessen the stress on rail and/or prevent from slipping over.

I’ve done nasty things to my Ram’s sway bar over the years as there’s no good recovery point up front, and somehow it never break. But as a single tie down point. That’s downright bad.

Uh no.

I see you have ton of deck behind Ram’s rear tires to roll back.

I had vehicles to overhang out back all the time to keep the load balanced.

Maybe could have but the equalizer on the trailer was flat and with the sway pro bars on it towed like a dream the 45 minutes we had to go.

Scrappers in Philly. Mountain of bikes on a cut off box van with not a strap in sight.

Attachments

• 769B1C2A-A14D-4933-B668-108C128AE62B.jpeg
    769B1C2A-A14D-4933-B668-108C128AE62B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
  • 05D3B14F-E032-4E7C-B305-5E20C6AFC071.jpeg
    05D3B14F-E032-4E7C-B305-5E20C6AFC071.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
Uhaul trailer is probably totally fine, no way that's heavier than a flatbed cucv I put on one :laughing:

They a pretty legit strap down. Only thing is i don't see some decent chains or straps on the front axle.

The excavator is only 3000#, but the Element is only rated to tow 1500#, if its a dual axle trailer with brakes I would consider driving it for a short distance at least.

Gotta be tongue weight, the jack is on the ground, probbaly towed fine, YotaAtieToo looks like it has the wheel basket straps through the front rims. I doubt its going anywhere.
I would put magnetic lights on the back of the frame though in addition to the trailer lights, but that's just me.

I wonder if they were towing the Tahoe on the trailer and blew a steer tire on the motorhome? Looks like some junk under the motorhome that might have been a front bumper.

Aaron Z

I don't think i've ever told the truth about what I'm hauling while renting a U-haul dolly... always a brand new super duty towing an 80's Toyota...

I don't think anyone has

I bought that cucv about 4 hours from home and could have driven it, but 4.56s, no OD and 6.2 wasn't sounding fun. I did a trade for a trailer, so bringing a trailer to haul it back wasn't happening either.

When they asked what vehicle was going on the trailer I said "84 chevy......... S10" :laughing:

It actually handled it it great, nothing got hot at all and looking over the trailer, theyre built for abuse. The unit bearings are pretty interesting also.

I'll see if I can find the Pic, the trailer couldn't have been 1" shorter :laughing:

The idiot owner of this blue Pontiac vibe had a BDL last summer. He bought a bridgeport and a bunch of tooling, and decided to haul the tooling in his car. You are looking at ~1700 lbs of stuff crammed in there. Was kinda sketchy driving it 40 miles home.....
vw1ia9yjDfUwIlKTI2Q1yQUA=w2082-h1171-no?authuser=0.jpg
tsdE-xCVSvmX9D0adVqmpC3Q=w2082-h1171-no?authuser=0.jpg
u7ZOngx95viZxXN47Xp2ZNxAQ=w659-h1171-no?authuser=0.jpg
wfv3Avch3HxA-dbPFzZ3FHKg=w2082-h1171-no?authuser=0.jpg

BsU3Qp0ukcAEFh7F12Cv8ZTg=w2082-h1171-no?authuser=0.jpg

I don't think anyone has

I bought that cucv about 4 hours from home and could have driven it, but 4.56s, no OD and 6.2 wasn't sounding fun. I did a trade for a trailer, so bringing a trailer to haul it back wasn't happening either.

When they asked what vehicle was going on the trailer I said "84 chevy......... S10" :laughing:

It actually handled it it great, nothing got hot at all and looking over the trailer, theyre built for abuse. The unit bearings are pretty interesting also.

I'll see if I can find the Pic, the trailer couldn't have been 1" shorter :laughing:
Yeah, they're overbuilt for sure because they know this kind of crap happens.
A few years back a buddy and I hauled a Bronco cross country, and we just happened to check the lug nuts and tire pressures on the dolly for the helluvit.... good thing we did, because the tires were at like 12 and 15 PSI and all the lugs were loose.
0415181619.jpg

Yeah, they're overbuilt for sure because they know this kind of crap happens.
A few years back a buddy and I hauled a Bronco cross country, and we just happened to check the lug nuts and tire pressures on the dolly for the helluvit....
If you can fit an FSB you can fit a van. If you can fit a van you can fit a motorhome or box truck. :laughing:

If you can fit an FSB you can fit a van. If you can fit a van you can fit a motorhome or box truck. :laughing:
For sure, I seem to remember the Bronco wedging itself sort of down in the wheel pockets kinda. I've let some air out in the past to get the tire to settle down in them more. Only concern is the dolly fenders coming in contact with the vehicle body on cornering since it's wider than intended. This was another successful cross country rental, circa April 2013... I didn't even glance at the tires or lug nuts that time! At the time, one-way dolly rental from CA to MI was ~$450 and a drive on trailer was over $700 as I recall.
0415131650.jpg

Scrappers in Philly. Mountain of bikes on a cut off box van with not a strap in sight.
Sure there is, it's holding on the "bumper" except he doesn't have any of those fancy rat-shits and just tied knots. I also like the DOT reflective stickering.... "wait, wait, wait, tell me EXACTLY how many I need. One per side okay? Am I allowed to cut them in half? Yeah don't worry about not being able to see the taillights, that's what the one-half sticker is for."

The stripes and fender skirt/running board on the front make me think the bike guy made it out of an E chassis old motorhome?

Friend of mine has a landscape company. Meskins loaded ~10 yds of dirt in a 20ft trailer. I've never seen a hitch break like that

364075021(1).jpg
Haha,

My dad is former MTO Ontario (DOT in US states), the worse commercial offenders with the biggest piece of garbage trailers on the highways are Landscapers. Never strapped down loads, never safetied their trailers, bald rotten tires. List goes on and on.

The next worse was ice cream and food trucks!

Top Back Refresh