What's new

Big Dumb Loads

Seen this one a few weeks ago. Notice his utilization of straps?

7297E73D-B581-41F6-AA41-29A5341EB693.jpeg

You figure it's cool for anyone to load that up and head down the road?:confused:

Why yes, I do. Until he hurts someone, it's none of my business.

You figure it's cool to fine the dude twice the value of his rig because the Fingerman speculates on what might happen?

As long as it's in park with the E brake on what's the problem :confused:

I'm sure you are kidding.

people do not seem to understand what a good dip in the road can do to 4k worth of cargo back there, plus if he swerves to avoid something that car will go flying off.

I have had to just move a car a few miles away and a few times thought, hey I'll just park it up there it will be fine, then I go out there and place 4 straps on it.

You figure it's cool for anyone to load that up and head down the road?:confused:

If I'm understanding things right, that occurred in Alberta. Now, I know you're from what is practically a foreign country when compared to Alberta, probably have never been there, and probably aren't even welcome there, but Alberta is mostly really flat. They also lay the roads out to be completely straight for the most part, since that's a really efficient way to do it when there's not much of anything in the way. No, there's no pointy mountains, no pesky coastline, and no random building deemed to be of historic significance to only a communist city council, that are going to impede building a nice straight and flat road. There also is a lot of farming there, I mean the vegetable gardens in your island hippy communes may be big, but the average farm in Alberta is way BIGGER than those, like 50000X bigger, and there is one farm after another covering the majority of the province. So, with those lots of farms you get low population density, along with a general exemption for and understanding of farm traffic, as it is not atypical to see some tractor that is three lanes wide on a two lane road, and people oddly enough are able to understand that they might have to get out of the way of such a thing.

Is it cool for anyone to load up that shit and go barreling down the highway? Probably not. But a good ol' boy from 'Berta with a dip in and a scratched Corb Lund CD playing at the max volume you can get out of mostly blown 90s Dodge speakers, yeah, he can probably drive that fucking thing around safely enough. And if he can't, well, it's likely just Albertans that are going to get killed, it's not like there's any shortage of them.

:flipoff2:

If I'm understanding things right, that occurred in Alberta. Now, I know you're from what is practically a foreign country when compared to Alberta, probably have never been there, and probably aren't even welcome there, but Alberta is mostly really flat. They also lay the roads out to be completely straight for the most part, since that's a really efficient way to do it when there's not much of anything in the way. No, there's no pointy mountains, no pesky coastline, and no random building deemed to be of historic significance to only a communist city council, that are going to impede building a nice straight and flat road. There also is a lot of farming there, I mean the vegetable gardens in your island hippy communes may be big, but the average farm in Alberta is way BIGGER than those, like 50000X bigger, and there is one farm after another covering the majority of the province. So, with those lots of farms you get low population density, along with a general exemption for and understanding of farm traffic, as it is not atypical to see some tractor that is three lanes wide on a two lane road, and people oddly enough are able to understand that they might have to get out of the way of such a thing.

Is it cool for anyone to load up that shit and go barreling down the highway? Probably not. But a good ol' boy from 'Berta with a dip in and a scratched Corb Lund CD playing at the max volume you can get out of mostly blown 90s Dodge speakers, yeah, he can probably drive that fucking thing around safely enough. And if he can't, well, it's likely just Albertans that are going to get killed, it's not like there's any shortage of them.

:flipoff2:

Are you kidding?! There's like 3 actual Albertans, the rest are newfies. You can tell from the moose or "duh rock" sticker in the back window of the truck if it's still there.

Spotted this in a Walmart parking lot in NM a month or so ago.....

I want to see what the inside looks like if there wasn't enough room for the microwave(?) that's mounted out front to fit in there.

Imagine the feel through the wheel if driven with that IBC tank half full :laughing:

Even if he could pull it, that thing would sway like crazy.

Why yes, I do. Until he hurts someone, it's none of my business.

You figure it's cool to fine the dude twice the value of his rig because the Fingerman speculates on what might happen?

You think its a little late by the time it hurts someone? The value of his truck should have nothing to do with the punishment.

Is driving drunk OK with you until someone gets hurt?

This looks pretty fucking stupid

Unrelated, but for some reason I see more new-ish Chrysler vehicles completely ragged out and beat to shit than any other brand. I know they are crap mechically, but I’m talking about seeing them looking like they’ve driven through an antifa riot for the past month. :laughing:

You think its a little late by the time it hurts someone? The value of his truck should have nothing to do with the punishment.

Is driving drunk OK with you until someone gets hurt?

I think his point is there are people who can handle their shit and those that can’t. :flipoff2:

Looking at the violations list, he didn’t follow the general advice of only trying to break 1 law at a time. I did laugh at the “expired registration” though. Think they got everything loaded up, noticed the tag was out of date and went “aw man, maybe we shouldn’t go.” :laughing:

Unrelated, but for some reason I see more new-ish Chrysler vehicles completely ragged out and beat to shit than any other brand. I know they are crap mechically, but I’m talking about seeing them looking like they’ve driven through an antifa riot for the past month. :laughing:

I imagine it has to do with creative financing :laughing:
They bring the shittiest cars to market and carry them at just shy of ford and Chevy prices, so they get all the sub prime buyers, in 3 years they have duct tape holding the taillights in, but they cant bitch cuz they're 63 days behind

in 2012 I rebuilt a rolled 2004 dodge crew cab short bed, they were blown up trucks, probably hidden from the repo man everywhere, $40 each for rear doors, 200 for a bed, 150 for a front door, 40 each for fenders, I was amazed how cheap the stuff was

I think his point is there are people who can handle their shit and those that can’t. :flipoff2:

Looking at the violations list, he didn’t follow the general advice of only trying to break 1 law at a time. I did laugh at the “expired registration” though. Think they got everything loaded up, noticed the tag was out of date and went “aw man, maybe we shouldn’t go.” :laughing:

I go with the break a lot of laws then try to talk my way to only charging me with the least offense :grinpimp:

Because they are cheap as fuck as soon as they're used, because everyone knows they're shit.

"omg, I can get a 2015 with blue tooth and whatever bull shit for $4000 and ackmed will finance it for me" :laughing:

This is 7180lb of of loader (and a pair of forks and s small pile of cribbing) according to the cat scale. Trailer took it like a champ. Transmission hunted gears the whole fucking time even unloaded. Fuck that.

2020-11-07(3).jpg

^7k worth of axles, probably only 1k overloaded. Does not qualify. :laughing:

More specs on the machine? Looks sweet.

^7k worth of axles, probably only 1k overloaded. Does not qualify. :laughing:

More specs on the machine? Looks sweet.

Based on the sidewalls they only gave me 5k of tire. One didn't even have any air in it so that cost me an hour waiting for my helper to go get an air compressor.

The worst part was the truck. Didn't fucking want to downshift for shit. I was going up and down hills on suburban back roads at 20-25 for awhile and it just wanted to fight the torque converter in 2nd and it wouldn't downshift until several seconds of losing speed on an uphill with my foot on the floor.

Operator/service manual just showed up yesterday but I was too busy to read it last night so all I know is it has a C135 engine and 16" tires up front. I'll know more when I read the manual. Now that I know it weight 7k I feel a hell of a lot better about the lifting operations I have planned for it. I'll probably post it all in my shop thread since the whole point of this machine is to build me a new garage.

Based on the sidewalls they only gave me 5k of tire. One didn't even have any air in it so that cost me an hour waiting for my helper to go get an air compressor.

The worst part was the truck. Didn't fucking want to downshift for shit. I was going up and down hills on suburban back roads at 20-25 for awhile and it just wanted to fight the torque converter in 2nd and it wouldn't downshift until several seconds of losing speed on an uphill with my foot on the floor.

Operator/service manual just showed up yesterday but I was too busy to read it last night so all I know is it has a C135 engine and 16" tires up front. I'll know more when I read the manual. Now that I know it weight 7k I feel a hell of a lot better about the lifting operations I have planned for it. I'll probably post it all in my shop thread since the whole point of this machine is to build me a new garage.

Who makes it? The perspective of the pic is a little weird to make out details, but knowing the size of that trailer, that's a pretty small machine for the weight. Probably good for at least 10k on the forks? That would be perfect for what I want. I picked up a pneumatic forklift a few weeks ago and it'll do the trick for now, but I'm limited to where I can use it on the property.

When are you going to post one about digging random holes on your yard with that fancy backhoe you picked up? :laughing:

I drove it in a big circle around my property and then parked next to my samurai that I'm working on. My wife and kids are gone for the morning, so when she gets home it will look like I'm "working" with the backhoe as opposed to "fucking off" with the samurai

Top Back Refresh