What's new

Big Dumb Loads

Good load to make a sharp right turn in the middle of a protest and whap 25 looters in one shot like the 3 stooges turning around with a ladder.

20181103_1527591.jpg

When i saw this post heading, i thought we were playing jeopardy. My response is " what is in pazuzu's mouth for 500, alex."

Reactions: DMG
I haven't laughed this hard all month:laughing:

this stretch of road is under construction, and has no wide loads, and detour signs all over the place. This guy has a dozer on there, and I'm expecting him to take the detour, nope, send it:lmao:

He probably got an honest 75 barricades. I got a couple video clips, but to long to do anything with.

For a minute in thinking the dozer is part of the job and Angry Al the driver told them 20 times to have the place ready, nope, foreman truck comes bombing up the ripped up shoulder to stop him and chew his ass.

I saw him pointing out where to turn around, I figured he'd get stuck in the soft stuff and block the road, so I came around him before shit got worse

photo33257.jpg

photo33259.jpg

I haven't laughed this hard all month:laughing:

this stretch of road is under construction, and has no wide loads, and detour signs all over the place. This guy has a dozer on there, and I'm expecting him to take the detour, nope, send it:lmao:

He probably got an honest 75 barricades. I got a couple video clips, but to long to do anything with.

For a minute in thinking the dozer is part of the job and Angry Al the driver told them 20 times to have the place ready, nope, foreman truck comes bombing up the ripped up shoulder to stop him and chew his ass.

I saw him pointing out where to turn around, I figured he'd get stuck in the soft stuff and block the road, so I came around him before shit got worse

I've literally been that guy before :laughing:

But in my situation the permit office didn't communicate with the construction office and gave us the all-clear to go ahead. It was actually the construction foreman that told me to knock down all the pylons so I did :smokin:

Driver from our sister company found out the negative results of big dumb loads and not knowing how to read a tape measure. Said he was 14'2" but somehow he hit a 17'8" bridge :homer:

Had to go to the scene and it took two of our picker trucks and a winch truck to get this fixed. He hit the bridge at 62 miles an hour and it actually bent the boom of the excavator and destroyed the bridge. Wish I had many pictures of the bridge but it was 2 in the morning and the pictures came out too dark

20201119_234728.jpg

20201119_234846.jpg

If I'm understanding things right, that occurred in Alberta. Now, I know you're from what is practically a foreign country when compared to Alberta, probably have never been there, and probably aren't even welcome there, but Alberta is mostly really flat. They also lay the roads out to be completely straight for the most part, since that's a really efficient way to do it when there's not much of anything in the way. No, there's no pointy mountains, no pesky coastline, and no random building deemed to be of historic significance to only a communist city council, that are going to impede building a nice straight and flat road. There also is a lot of farming there, I mean the vegetable gardens in your island hippy communes may be big, but the average farm in Alberta is way BIGGER than those, like 50000X bigger, and there is one farm after another covering the majority of the province. So, with those lots of farms you get low population density, along with a general exemption for and understanding of farm traffic, as it is not atypical to see some tractor that is three lanes wide on a two lane road, and people oddly enough are able to understand that they might have to get out of the way of such a thing.

Is it cool for anyone to load up that shit and go barreling down the highway? Probably not. But a good ol' boy from 'Berta with a dip in and a scratched Corb Lund CD playing at the max volume you can get out of mostly blown 90s Dodge speakers, yeah, he can probably drive that fucking thing around safely enough. And if he can't, well, it's likely just Albertans that are going to get killed, it's not like there's any shortage of them.

:flipoff2:

Wait a minute, you're trying to tell a bunch of flyovers that Alberta roads are flat as a Euclidian plane. Maybe from Google Earth they are, but the roads have dips, frost-heaves, and plenty of vagaries that make it dangerous. Alberta is 'flat' in that it doesn't have a Fourth of July Pass on it. :laughing:

There are PLENTY of dips in the road in Alberta that will send that car into oncoming traffic.

Source: never been to Alberta.

:shaking: The new sleds are getting big. Too many luxuries too why even go out in the snow if you are in a cabin.

Driver from our sister company found out the negative results of big dumb loads and not knowing how to read a tape measure. Said he was 14'2" but somehow he hit a 17'8" bridge :homer:

Had to go to the scene and it took two of our picker trucks and a winch truck to get this fixed. He hit the bridge at 62 miles an hour and it actually bent the boom of the excavator and destroyed the bridge. Wish I had many pictures of the bridge but it was 2 in the morning and the pictures came out too dark

There is no possible way that an excavator on an oil field flat bed is 14' 2". Well maybe if you took the boom and cab off..... Dude either didn't bother measuring or just didn't give a fuck. :laughing:

There is no possible way that an excavator on an oil field flat bed is 14' 2". Well maybe if you took the boom and cab off..... Dude either didn't bother measuring or just didn't give a fuck. :laughing:

Not sure what makes it an oilfield flat bed, but we transport our 210s on flatbeds all the time. Quite a bit taller than that 160. Im guessing he put the bucket flat in the deck(making the main boom stick up) instead of curling it all the way under.

Reactions: IGT
Not sure what makes it an oilfield flat bed, but we transport our 210s on flatbeds all the time. Quite a bit taller than that 160. Im guessing he put the bucket flat in the deck(making the main boom stick up) instead of curling it all the way under.

Oil field flat bed....
18146424495224473329.jpeg.jpg

heavy haul flat bed...
TalbertManufacturing_Excavator3.5c0e8ea8eb617.png

Big difference in deck height...

I'm thinking he measured the 14'2" excavator just fine, but forgot to add the trailer deck:laughing:

Top Back Refresh