What's new

Big Dumb Loads

_nc_ohc=mAWtBjpTCi8AX828i1m&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg

I don't understand the reasoning behind these kind of loads

load it until you ruin you rig because we are too poor to make two trips?

impressive though :grinpimp:

Dicing with death on amazon. The truck barely runs to begin with, making a trip 100 miles on a goat trail. They basically have one shot to make it happen.

They never banned plastic bags. I use them every time just like I always did.
The only difference is I have to pay extra for them now.

Any "green" agenda always has a $ attached to it. That's how you know it's all bullshit and a money grab and nothing to benefit the environment.

They never banned plastic bags. I use them every time just like I always did.
The only difference is I have to pay extra for them now.

Any "green" agenda always has a $ attached to it. That's how you know it's all bullshit and a money grab and nothing to benefit the environment.
They banned them here. Can only use paper or reusable. Some places you have to pay for them too.

That place got pissed when i grabbed a bag out if the box of hefty sacks and put damn near a whole carr if food in 1 bag vs spending .20 or whatever for each of their save the planet bags.

Seems like a normal thing for those 3rd world places. Maybe fuel costs a lot?
For some reason fuel is crazy expensive in 3rd world shitholes that aren't oil rich.

I don't understand the reasoning behind these kind of loads

load it until you ruin you rig because we are too poor to make two trips?
Labor is cheap so the rig is cheap to fix and downtime costs less. The numbers make sense to run 3x bigger load and break 2x more often.

paper bags were, and are, the superior bag solution and we were dumb for ever thinking that plastic bags were somehow better for the environment.

I knew that was bullshit when they got rid of the paper bags and I was like 10 years old.
never trust those glued on handles though. that was a dumb thing to even put on there.

paper bags were, and are, the superior bag solution and we were dumb for ever thinking that plastic bags were somehow better for the environment.

I knew that was bullshit when they got rid of the paper bags and I was like 10 years old.
never trust those glued on handles though. that was a dumb thing to even put on there.
Plastic bags are way better for light and bulky stuff because you can hand half a dozen on each arm.

They banned plastic bags statewide here. Paper is 20 cents a piece. Ok, fuck you then. I put all my stuff in the handheld basket, checkout, put all my shit in the same basket and set that right in the car and take it home. I'll bring it back next time. :laughing:

Some stores have a basket nazi out front now that wont let you take their baskets to the parking lot. I don't shop at those stores anymore.

Been trying to get more pictures out of this guy about this lathe. He posted these up :lmao:

s-l400.jpg

Screenshot_20230318-155404_Chrome.jpg

Of course the straps fucked up the sheetmetal.

Screenshot_20230318-155450_Chrome.jpg

Also, that lathe weights 14.5K. Pretty sure that's over an F550's weight rating.

Also, that lathe weights 14.5K. Pretty sure that's over an F550's weight rating.
Tie down job is obviously crap but honestly I'd have no problem sticking 14k on any FF pickup rear axle (tiny 3rd world Land Rover and Toyota shit not withstanding). The bearings and spindles on any pickup are on par with what you get in a 14k/16k semi truck steer axle. As long as it has enough springs (or airbag) to not get hammered into the frame and bend shit it's probably fine. Obviously you have to go slow enough to keep the tires happy.

Well, my old-as-shit utility trailer has four lug 14.5" wheels and the axles are 7k each... so that's 14k minus the weight of the trailer.
I also have a single axle utility trailer made from an old old camper , with those wheels ,

I’ve put a full pallet of bags of cement on it .
I think it would comfortably carry more weight than that easily .

Pretty sure Dexter stopped
Making those axles in the early 60s
Took me forever to find an extra rim for a spare tire .

Top Back Refresh