What's new

Big Dumb Loads

Ah, gotcha. I thought the cab had to come off all of those to pull the transmission or something.
Tranny drops from underneath. Cab comes off to pull the engine.

I had the unpleasant task of swapping a flexplate in 8" of snow in the driveway. I hate cold weather, but I did get a HF tranny jack out of the deal.

attachment(40).jpg
attachment(39).jpg
attachment(38).jpg
attachment(37).jpg

Back it up a couple of feet and it would probably be better.
Dual tandems under the trailer so the axles are probably good for 10-12k each, might be a little much for the truck, but the trailer should be ok with the weight.

Aaron Z
kinda what I was thinking as well.

Emergency use to get it from your place to a shop? yea go for it.

hotshotting it across several states? prolly not a good idea.

Finest Bexar county has to offer, this morning

Screenshot_20230405-094232_Messages.jpg
Those are very lightweight trucks. You'd be surprised. With a dd13 daycab configuration, I'm wanting to say they are like 13 to 14k. Maybe less. All our tare weights are with 48' aluminum hopper bottoms and they are around 16k truck and trailer. They are all plastic. Definitely not old school iron. Which is likely why its on the trailer to begin with.

Those are very lightweight trucks. You'd be surprised. With a dd13 daycab configuration, I'm wanting to say they are like 13 to 14k. Maybe less. All our tare weights are with 48' aluminum hopper bottoms and they are around 16k truck and trailer. They are all plastic. Definitely not old school iron. Which is likely why its on the trailer to begin with.
Wow. My International flatbed 10 wheeler was right around 24,000 empty. Was a semi truck that got converted to a concrete truck and then later to a dumping 18ft flatbed.
855 Cummins and 9 speed.

Road grader at the end for braking?

That was awesome!
Yeah, probably just in case. I'm not up to speed in how that all works, just have seen it, or have been held up
Looks like a 16M or H, so ~50,000lbs.

Couple weeks ago they shutdown the north end of the Dalton for almost 2 days while moving a rig something like 60 miles, at 2-3 mph. Was way too wide for anything to pass by.

Top Back Refresh