What's new

Biden dropping out

Nah, I bet she's got that kungfu grip along with sucking a golf ball through a garden hose. :smokin:

The electors will just vote for whoever is on the Dem ticket, or in a lot of cases they can just vote for whoever they want to anyway.
Quite a few of them states have faithless elector laws, up to and including voiding the vote.

Not saying those states can't and won't pull some 11th hour bullshit law....but as of right now in many cases electors can't just jot down any name they wish.

Quite a few of them states have faithless elector laws, up to and including voiding the vote.

Not saying those states can't and won't pull some 11th hour bullshit law....but as of right now in many cases electors can't just jot down any name they wish.

Well the Donks have a real problem on their hands, but at least they have a sacrifice in place

Biden needs to resign so he doesn't go on a lame duck EO spree... Camel would at least have to act like she's trying to get elected...

The "Proof of life" hashtag is getting big on X.... There has been a lot of movement in one day based on one letter and no sign of Biden. Seems like something that would really need to be said publicly in person.
Can he function at all or even stay alive for 6 more months? Hes fully incompetent already.

Joe Manchin said he may be in. He's 76. And actually not as bad as any of the others.

That is assuming a lot.
A. That she is the actual candidate chosen. There is still plenty of chance of a switch because they also know she sucks. And
B. That the people who would crawl over broken glass to vote for biden against trump won't do the same for her. Awful or not. Not to mention she has something Biden didn't which is that she is a black women. Doesn't matter that she is an idiot. Look at how they rejoiced at the supreme courts first black woman. Equally dumb and they loved her. They will be happy to hold nose and vote for kamala too.

Fuck you, I hate Biden and you cant predict your way out of a paper bag.
Ohh i know you hate biden. You also thought that floridas own personal religious extremist was a better choice to run against him. And he isn't. He is even more alienating than Trump. I told you he wouldn't be chosen and surprise surprise I was right. And when i pointed out all the things that meant DeSantis wouldn't win you buried your head like a liberal and said hurr durr my extremism better than your extremism. Point is you have the political fore thought and diversity of a liberal just on the opposite side of the fence. If you think Biden wasn't going to beasier to beat than someone like michelle obama or gavin newsome you have really lost it.

I dont think Michelle Obama is the invincible all-conquering candidate everyone thinks. She benefitted from the uncritical adoration of the media, that gushed over everything she or her husband uttered. Media that has lost most of its credibility.

That is assuming a lot.
A. That she is the actual candidate chosen. There is still plenty of chance of a switch because they also know she sucks. And
B. That the people who would crawl over broken glass to vote for biden against trump won't do the same for her. Awful or not. Not to mention she has something Biden didn't which is that she is a black women. Doesn't matter that she is an idiot. Look at how they rejoiced at the supreme courts first black woman. Equally dumb and they loved her. They will be happy to hold nose and vote for kamala too.
Forbes is pretty honest about how they acquire data and what it is. If you read the article, they also baked Trump off against other potentials.

She is the most known of all the candidates in the field. Pretty much their only national candidate at this point.

Trump won't win the hard core Democrats. He may win the Blue Dogs with his VP choice and the independents, like me.

I wasn't voting for Biden or Trump (Independent write in) , but now that this shit's happening, my vote's for Trump. I know many Democrats that are also switching.

Last edited:

As I understand the system. There are “electors” in the Democratic Party that will vote at the democratic conference and there are electors for the state that forward the vote to Washington. They are not the same thing. There are “laws” governing electors for the state. There are only “rules” governing the Democratic Party electors. This is because the democrats are just a private club that can do whatever it wants.

The only laws that I know of concerning this process is states that have deadlines for names on the ballot.

Do I got this wrong?

Forbes is pretty honest about how they acquire data and what it is. If you read the article, they also baked Trump off against other potentials.

She is the most known of all the candidates in the field. Pretty much their only national candidate at this point.

Trump won't win the hard core Democrats. He may win the Blue Dogs with his VP choice and the independents, like me.

I wasn't voting for Biden or Trump (Independent write in) , but now that this shit's happening, my vote's for Trump. I know many Democrats that are also switching.
I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I was going to do a write-in as the Libertarian candidate is a certified moron. I may have to hold my nose and vote for Trump. This country desperately needs better people running.

I dont think Michelle Obama is the invincible all-conquering candidate everyone thinks. She benefitted from the uncritical adoration of the media, that gushed over everything she or her husband uttered. Media that has lost most of its credibility.

unfortunately, i dont think kamala is as bad a candidate as us conservatives hope that she is. The Dems will rally around her like they always do. Younger, female, indian/black-ish, thats a Dems dream to be able to vote for her. just like someone else pointed out, Ketanji Brown is a horrible horrible SCJ, completely unqualified and a terrible idealogue and person but she was rejoiced upon by the dems and the media. Harris will get the same treatment.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I was going to do a write-in as the Libertarian candidate is a certified moron. I may have to hold my nose and vote for Trump. This country desperately needs better people running.

the problem is, being president is the worst job in the whole country. you sacrifice your life to do that job. no one wants to do that except the elites, who have money and are bored with their lives. you will always get narcissists and megalomaniacs. no "decent" person would want the job.

I agree. No man would be VP to Harris.

Kentucky Gov. Beshear doesn’t deny that he’s in running to be Harris’ veep pick: ‘Flattering to be part of it’​

Who Wrote It? — Internet Buzzes as Biden’s Signature on Dropout Letter Doesn’t Match Signatures on Executive Orders​

IMG_5265.jpeg

Who Wrote It? — Internet Buzzes as Biden’s Signature on Dropout Letter Doesn’t Match Signatures on Executive Orders​

IMG_5265.jpeg
President's letters are often signed by other people for them. It's known as a "secretarial".

So do the donors get their money back? Seems like there has to be some legal ramifications for taking donors money then changing the candidate. It's a bait and switch, which I believe is illegal. False advertising, or fraud, FTC act of 1914

Which is great. But for everyone like you there is a good chance there is someone on the other side who thinks crooks was right and trump is a bigger threat now than ever since he won't have to worry about reelection and they missed. Va is full of democraps and they are all more dug in than ever. They don't like kamala but she is a black woman and a dem. They will vote for her.

Which is great. But for everyone like you there is a good chance there is someone on the other side who thinks crooks was right and trump is a bigger threat now than ever since he won't have to worry about reelection and they missed. Va is full of democraps and they are all more dug in than ever. They don't like kamala but she is a black woman and a dem. They will vote for her.
You missed my point. No one is looking for the hard core democrats to vote anything but party line.

Blue Dogs are not party line voters.

I was not on a side, never have been: not until the attempt and now this.

dumbass democrats vote for dumbass democrats.

Something pointed out in an editorial I read this morning ( Sorry no linking, I'm on my phone because parks internet has been out all weekend)
Author said if Biden can't run for office and has been published he is only tuned in to reality a portion of the day, he shouldn't be in charge of the launch codes.:eek:

Ohh i know you hate biden. You also thought that floridas own personal religious extremist was a better choice to run against him. And he isn't. He is even more alienating than Trump. I told you he wouldn't be chosen and surprise surprise I was right. And when i pointed out all the things that meant DeSantis wouldn't win you buried your head like a liberal and said hurr durr my extremism better than your extremism. Point is you have the political fore thought and diversity of a liberal just on the opposite side of the fence. If you think Biden wasn't going to beasier to beat than someone like michelle obama or gavin newsome you have really lost it.

That's funny. Not having abortion as a hot button issue means I'm an extremist? I'm unaffiliated with any political party and/or religious organization. How diversity ties into anything is a mystery to me as well. But whatever. I posted in that thread to waste words on the issue of Trumps responsibility for Government overspending and how it accomplished nothing for a few people to keep bringing that up over and over.

Anybody should be harder to beat and less of a laughingstock for the world to observe than a barely functioning stooge anyway.

You missed my point. No one is looking for the hard core democrats to vote anything but party line.

Blue Dogs are not party line voters.

I was not on a side, never have been: not until the attempt and now this.
I think i made my point poorly. I am saying that there aremany independent or not strictly party line voters here who feel the same as you but the opposite way. They are reenergized to vote dem by the prospect of a younger possibly more lucid candidate and also by the assassination attempt but the opposite way. As in they feel that Trump will be a bigger threat than ever.

What are the odds Joe and or his inner circle didn’t approve him stepping down. Who’s ever in control of the twitter account was bribed to post it and endorse Harris. If you want him out that’s a great way of forcing his teams hand. Seems very peculiar that he hasn’t had one of his “press conferences” other option is he’s dead and they are trying to find his “replacement” for the next 6 months.

He probably can’t yet. I bet the conviction hasn’t been certified by the judge yet, and won’t be until sentencing.
nah, Nixon was pardoned before he ever went to trial.

These aren't electors, these are party delegates. These laws do not apply.
As I understand the system. There are “electors” in the Democratic Party that will vote at the democratic conference and there are electors for the state that forward the vote to Washington. They are not the same thing. There are “laws” governing electors for the state. There are only “rules” governing the Democratic Party electors. This is because the democrats are just a private club that can do whatever it wants.

The only laws that I know of concerning this process is states that have deadlines for names on the ballot.

Do I got this wrong?
Correct.
So do the donors get their money back? Seems like there has to be some legal ramifications for taking donors money then changing the candidate. It's a bait and switch, which I believe is illegal. False advertising, or fraud, FTC act of 1914
No, but that money can only be spent on "Biden/Harris" campaign expenses, which is now "Harris for President" campaign expenses, since they filed to rename the entity.

What would be interesting, is if Harris for President could donate to a DNC Super PAC if Harris doesn't get the official nod in August.

No, but that money can only be spent on "Biden/Harris" campaign expenses, which is now "Harris for President" campaign expenses, since they filed to rename the entity.

What would be interesting, is if Harris for President could donate to a DNC Super PAC if Harris doesn't get the official nod in August.

My understanding is once dem convention happens all the money becomes dem party money and they can do as they like with it.

My understanding is once dem convention happens all the money becomes dem party money and they can do as they like with it.
I'm certainly no campaign finance expert, but I don't think that's true.

Top Back Refresh