What's new

Biden dropping out

Did RFK Jr get an invite to the debate?
Nope.
No, Biden is specifically demanding he not be included before he'll agree along with a bunch of other ludicrous demands.
what ludicrous demands? I've only been able to find 4, even though Fox and NY Post both claimed there was an exhaustive, CVS receipt length list:
  • No Audience
  • Microphones off during opponents' speaking time
  • No 3rd party candidates
  • Hosted on a network that held both a republican and democrat primary debate in which Trump/Biden participated.
Were there more?

and no audience and demands that the mics are cutoff. hes a prick and knows he can't debate fully with a healthy back and forth
Yelling over your opponent isn't a "healthy back and forth."

Also we need a moderator because unlike a high school or college debate team, presidential candidates have zero regard for the format and rules of a proper debate and they'll just talk all over each other.
This.
I had to take a debate class in college to meet some sort of requirement. The professor was absolutely savage in her rigid adherence to the format. I thought one girl was going to straight up cry on her first attempt when she got cut off and told to sit back down. Then you go and watch the presidential debate and realize they're getting more leniency than is given to a sophomore computer science major just trying to meet some silly state school general ed requirement debating for their first time ever. That's a joke.
And this.

Trump just said he would be OK with RFK in the debate as long as he met the CNN requirements regarding 15% minimum in the polls and being on enough state ballots to win the electoral college, 270.

Trump just said he would be OK with RFK in the debate as long as he met the CNN requirements regarding 15% minimum in the polls and being on enough state ballots to win the electoral college, 270.
So, does RFK meet those "requirements" or does Trump already know RFK doesn't and this is just lip service?

Probably, but they're also arbitrary.
The being on enough state ballots to win the electoral college piece is logical. No reason to have someone in the debate who has no chance of being president.

Dunno about the 15% minimum piece. Maybe all he needs is exposure to get above that number

The being on enough state ballots to win the electoral college piece is logical. No reason to have someone in the debate who has no chance of being president.

Dunno about the 15% minimum piece. Maybe all he needs is exposure to get above that number
Dunno... I think having anyone who is on ANY state.... and actual real debates instead of sound bites... would be great for our Republic.

So, does RFK meet those "requirements" or does Trump already know RFK doesn't and this is just lip service?
Not yet. The 270 will probably be a bigger hurdle than the 15% with how many states have so badly rigged their ballot access.

Apologies, two guys lol. The theory makes sense. I know a lot of people who wouldn't have an open mind if I shared this with them. Some legit proof could go along way to changing minds.
My gf used to be an accountant for a construction company in AZ. She’s get a note from the IRS that Juan was using an invalid or duplicate SSN and she needed to fix that. Call Juan in and tell him, and after lunch he’d come in with another valid looking SSN card with a new number and same name. Rinse repeat.

My gf used to be an accountant for a construction company in AZ. She’s get a note from the IRS that Juan was using an invalid or duplicate SSN and she needed to fix that. Call Juan in and tell him, and after lunch he’d come in with another valid looking SSN card with a new number and same name. Rinse repeat.

One time José because his paycheck started getting garnished for child support. Turns out whoever's "numbers" he was using had some kids he hadn't been paying for. José had to quit but strangely enough someone that looked just like him came back a few weeks later with a different name and numbers.

One time José because his paycheck started getting garnished for child support. Turns out whoever's "numbers" he was using had some kids he hadn't been paying for. José had to quit but strangely enough someone that looked just like him came back a few weeks later with a different name and numbers.
So those guys, I would hope, would have a hard time voting because they're either stealing someone else's SSN or using a made up SSN. As long as the actual person with the SSN they are using is already registered to vote, I would hope that the system each state uses actually checks for valid numbers or duplicates.

The 20% or more that's actually managed to vote is gnarly. I wonder if someone is providing them with a legit valid SSN that they know isn't going to come back duplicate, or if they're just exploiting the loophole mentioned in the article above, where you can just show up with a utility bill or bank statement instead of proper ID.

So those guys, I would hope, would have a hard time voting because they're either stealing someone else's SSN or using a made up SSN. As long as the actual person with the SSN they are using is already registered to vote, I would hope that the system each state uses actually checks for valid numbers or duplicates.

The 20% or more that's actually managed to vote is gnarly. I wonder if someone is providing them with a legit valid SSN that they know isn't going to come back duplicate, or if they're just exploiting the loophole mentioned in the article above, where you can just show up with a utility bill or bank statement instead of proper ID.
They typically had matching dl cards. Invalid if pulled over but good enough to get beer and a ballot. Ballot would probably be a provisional though. Not sure about that.

sincere question...

Do you think a system that cares more about collecting taxes than legitimate voting would have more checks and balances for voting purposes? Or... do you think governments (fed, state, local) who support illegal entry and sanctuary laws care about identifying voters?

You're assuming the person those numbers belong to would also be voting. Ignoring the 2020 election that was the most secure in history and had zero fraud, there's historically about a 50% chance that the numbers José is using belong to someone that probably wouldn't have voted so....50% chance that he'd be caught if he tried to register? Probably even worse odds if you consider it could belong to someone that recently died.

You're assuming the person those numbers belong to would also be voting. Ignoring the 2020 election that was the most secure in history and had zero fraud, there's historically about a 50% chance that the numbers José is using belong to someone that probably wouldn't have voted so....50% chance that he'd be caught if he tried to register? Probably even worse odds if you consider it could belong to someone that recently died.

i dont know if the voter rolls actually use a social security number or not. you may need to show a social to get a ballot, but is that social tied to that ballot number and then once that social is used then no more ballots for that social? I dont think its remotely that sophisticated.

if so, then there would be a bunch thrown out that had 3,000 ballots registered to the same empty lot.

ive never had to provide my social to get a ballot. every registration had used my ID ( DL) and thats it. most of these states allow you to register to vote at the DMV with a drivers license. The social wouldnt really matter.

look, yall are just guys on the internet and i dont know you. this is clearly not evidence of anything.

You do alot of hoping. When in reality, the chance of them getting caught is about 50% of less. And even if they are caught and turned away, there's no real repercussions.

I'm sure in places that are real conservative, things are checked closer but the fact is, in many liberal places, nothing is really checked. Especially if they are voting on a democrat ticket.

sincere question...

Do you think a system that cares more about collecting taxes than legitimate voting would have more checks and balances for voting purposes? Or... do you think governments (fed, state, local) who support illegal entry and sanctuary laws care about identifying voters?
I don't trust a lot of things I used to believe just a few years ago.

No, I don't think anyone in the fed, state, and in many places, local much cares about vetting voters. The only thing that might doing anything could be whatever automated voter registration system they've got setup... if there even is anything that actually does it vs volunteers.

I don't know about the tax collection part. I think the IRS is too big and bureaucratic to care one way or another about getting extra taxes from someone using a duplicate SSN... Actually, the more I think about it, the more it seems like it they don't vet that very well either. Example: Alfredo A. is a valid US citizen, has a job, does his taxes, etc. Alfredo B. somehow gets A's SSN and uses it for his job. If Alfredo A. were to ever get audited, he'd get busted for not including what the IRS would see as a second W-2(in reality Alfredo B's job) on his taxes. There's a good chance B's extra income would bump A up into a higher tax bracket and he would owe more. If the IRS really cared, they'd be coming after A for that extra income that wasn't reported on his taxes.

What's more likely is that the IRS just doesn't care enough to pay attention to those things.

i dont know if the voter rolls actually use a social security number or not. you may need to show a social to get a ballot, but is that social tied to that ballot number and then once that social is used then no more ballots for that social? I dont think its remotely that sophisticated.

if so, then there would be a bunch thrown out that had 3,000 ballots registered to the same empty lot.

ive never had to provide my social to get a ballot. every registration had used my ID ( DL) and thats it. most of these states allow you to register to vote at the DMV with a drivers license. The social wouldnt really matter.

NC, they verify your SSN when you get your driver's license and that's also the same time you can register to vote. I don't know the exact process for registering at a different time or without getting your DL. But NC also just passed a Vote ID law so apparently we'll have to show ID this year. How raciss.

I though TX was the same way when I lived there, but I just did a quick look and apparently this is how you can register there. Not even a full SSN, just the last 4.

Follow that through to the main registration page. You guys is fucked. :shaking:

They typically had matching dl cards. Invalid if pulled over but good enough to get beer and a ballot. Ballot would probably be a provisional though. Not sure about that.

And if they appear valid, employers can not refuse to hire that person (even if they know it's fake)...cuz discrimination.

NC, they verify your SSN when you get your driver's license and that's also the same time you can register to vote.
1715973632191.png

I really don't understand the concern about voter ID. The only viable argument I've ever heard against it is now you're letting the government dictate who can vote but they already do that, so are you really? This argument of it disenfranchising voters is just bullshit. If you're not willing to go get an ID then oh well. I do think they should absolutely be free of charge. Yes, that'll add a tiny rounding error amount to the federal budget but whatever. Skip a shipment of arms to Ukraine because they can't win and Israel because they're a wealthy country who can buy their own and that should pay for voter IDs for the foreseeable future.

I really don't understand the concern about voter ID. The only viable argument I've ever heard against it is now you're letting the government dictate who can vote but they already do that, so are you really? This argument of it disenfranchising voters is just bullshit. If you're not willing to go get an ID then oh well. I do think they should absolutely be free of charge. Yes, that'll add a tiny rounding error amount to the federal budget but whatever. Skip a shipment of arms to Ukraine because they can't win and Israel because they're a wealthy country who can buy their own and that should pay for voter IDs for the foreseeable future.

Your white supremacy is showing, bigot.

every state that has passed a voter ID law has also passed what is basically free to obtain an ID from the state to vote.

Who the fuck doesnt have an id anyways. Like 10 people and the rest are maybe illegals

Democrat run voter registration drives in Colorado ( and other places I've heard) don't even ask for ID. I've seen it first hand in Grocery stores here. Having to show IDs is discriminatory and racist dontcha know.:shaking:

NC, they verify your SSN when you get your driver's license and that's also the same time you can register to vote. I don't know the exact process for registering at a different time or without getting your DL. But NC also just passed a Vote ID law so apparently we'll have to show ID this year. How raciss.

I though TX was the same way when I lived there, but I just did a quick look and apparently this is how you can register there. Not even a full SSN, just the last 4.

Follow that through to the main registration page. You guys is fucked. :shaking:

i think there are other checks that are happening. they match my ID with my residence and the registered residence in the voter rolls. i think last 4 of the social is another layer to identify you with your name, residence, social, previous registration.

i also have a voter iD number

I don't trust a lot of things I used to believe just a few years ago.

No, I don't think anyone in the fed, state, and in many places, local much cares about vetting voters. The only thing that might doing anything could be whatever automated voter registration system they've got setup... if there even is anything that actually does it vs volunteers.

I don't know about the tax collection part. I think the IRS is too big and bureaucratic to care one way or another about getting extra taxes from someone using a duplicate SSN... Actually, the more I think about it, the more it seems like it they don't vet that very well either. Example: Alfredo A. is a valid US citizen, has a job, does his taxes, etc. Alfredo B. somehow gets A's SSN and uses it for his job. If Alfredo A. were to ever get audited, he'd get busted for not including what the IRS would see as a second W-2(in reality Alfredo B's job) on his taxes. There's a good chance B's extra income would bump A up into a higher tax bracket and he would owe more. If the IRS really cared, they'd be coming after A for that extra income that wasn't reported on his taxes.

What's more likely is that the IRS just doesn't care enough to pay attention to those things.
46 funded over 70K new IRS people....

They care....

Top Back Refresh