What's new

Biden dropping out

i thought it was 87,000? did they skim those other 17,000 off for new stazi/brown shirts?
87,000 is "over 70k"....

I figured someone would cry fowl if I overstated it by even 1 person, so took the conservative way out.

i think there are other checks that are happening. they match my ID with my residence and the registered residence in the voter rolls. i think last 4 of the social is another layer to identify you with your name, residence, social, previous registration.

i also have a voter iD number

Did you look at that link I posted? If that's generating the voter rolls, how are the verifying it? Seems like one could just put down and apartment address, whatever last 4 of an SSN they want and poof, they're registered. I don't see enough info in this form to verify citizenship.

1715975116512.png

Did you look at that link I posted? If that's generating the voter rolls, how are the verifying it? Seems like one could just put down and apartment address, whatever last 4 of an SSN they want and poof, they're registered. I don't see enough info in this form to verify citizenship.

1715975116512.png

i guess the question is "is the registration automatic? " i dont think it is because each registration is controlled by the county. i assume the application goes to the county, they verify with their records, likely tax and auto registration etc, and then you get something that proves you are registered.

Voter registration in Texas is county-based, so we encourage you to contact your county voter registrar for specific questions regarding the status of your voter registration.

Texans who have recently changed their name or moved can easily update their voter registration online through Texas.gov. Click here to update your voter registration information online.

i guess the question is "is the registration automatic? " i dont think it is because each registration is controlled by the county. i assume the application goes to the county, they verify with their records, likely tax and auto registration etc, and then you get something that proves you are registered.

it is automatic in MN.

and it's been shown multiple times that people will go from polling place to polling place and register/vote...

But "most secure election ever" and "ID's are discriminatory" messages still abound.

José doesn't have a license or a car no license or registration records.
José lives in an apartment, no taxes.

What do they do in this case? Do they call José and say you need to come in and show us your SS card and proof of residency like you would when getting your DL? Or do they just say, meh, good enough and send him his registration?

José doesn't have a license or a car no license or registration records.
José lives in an apartment, no taxes.

What do they do in this case? Do they call José and say you need to come in and show us your SS card and proof of residency like you would when getting your DL? Or do they just say, meh, good enough and send him his registration?

i would bet its somewhere in the middle. we need you to bring us a rental payment verification, some proof you live where you say you do, paycheck stub, electric bill, water bill.... etc.

i would assume if they dont have those things they are just "pending" or incomplete until they provide what they can.

when i renewed my license there was a list of things i had to bring or could bring to prove who i was.

this doesnt seem like its an automatic registration.

My friends and family in Spain - the vast majority of them on the left- I tell there are people who want to vote without a photo ID and they look at me like I have two heads.

The opposite happens with abortion laws. American lefties think Europe is very permissive, when in reality on average it's more restrictive than the US.

Trump just said he would be OK with RFK in the debate as long as he met the CNN requirements regarding 15% minimum in the polls and being on enough state ballots to win the electoral college, 270.

So, does RFK meet those "requirements" or does Trump already know RFK doesn't and this is just lip service?

Are those the requirements everyone is supposed to meet?

Probably, but they're also arbitrary.
The poll numbers are how they get out of it. They select polls that the candidate in question isn't even an option on.

Pretty sure Texas is a Motor Voter state. (Hell, I thought motor voter was federal.)
So when you get your drivers license you are registered to vote.

Pretty sure Texas is a Motor Voter state. (Hell, I thought motor voter was federal.)
So when you get your drivers license you are registered to vote.

no, that's not how " motor voter" works in Texas. the law is that Texas has to provide an opportunity to register to vote when you renew your DL. its not that you are automatically registered to vote.

I read a great article in Real Clear Politics yesterday but I cant find it now. It was a comparison of the presidential candidacy polls from Late May in each of 2016, 2020 and currently 2024. Trump vs Hillary, Trump vs Biden, and Trump vs Shit Pants. In 2016 at this time Clinton was leading by at least 5% in every poll. In 2020 Biden was leading by a decent margin and Trump was predicted to lose. In each or both of those cases Trump did far better than the polls were leading us to believe. And this year, most of those same polls have Trump leading by 1-4%. Based on this, it looks to me that at this time The Mango Messiah will win. It will take a much more massive cheat to steal the election this time.

:usa::usa::usa:

edit: - ReCreated the RCP links here :idea:

Last edited:
of course... :flipoff2:

"they came for the billionaires, but I wasn't a billionaire so....
then they came for the millionaires, but I wasn't a millionaire so....
then they came for me..."
They're not even going to do that. They know rich people have teams of accountants and lawyers on retainer. It's a lot of work to go after them and far from a sure thing. They're going to audit more average Joes right out of the gate. It's lower hanging fruit. Billionaires have politicians in their pockets. They ain't touching them.

They're not even going to do that. They know rich people have teams of accountants and lawyers on retainer. It's a lot of work to go after them and far from a sure thing. They're going to audit more average Joes right out of the gate. It's lower hanging fruit. Billionaires have politicians in their pockets. They ain't touching them.

yes, that's correct.

my company got audited last year. for 2021 taxes. we are considered small business because of revenue with 130 people.

i personally had to show the auditors around with a list of assets in hand that prove its all business related.

of course our accountants were involved. 6 months later the IRS lost all our documentation we provided them. the accountants told them you get what we can give you but we aren't wasting more time and money recompiling all you lost.

obviously the government incompetence is through the roof

Last edited:
Freind of mine's family got audited IRS agent couldn't understand why they used propane, diesel, and gasoline for fuel in thier equipment

Freind of mine's family got audited IRS agent couldn't understand why they used propane, diesel, and gasoline for fuel in thier equipment
Years ago my company got audited after we dissolved it. The company basically never really made any money. The IRS said we owed about 15 grand. After a preliminary investigation, they went down 2 grand. My accountant said you can definitely win this, but my bill will be several times that if you want to fight. We paid it. Still burns my ass.

Years ago my company got audited after we dissolved it. The company basically never really made any money. The IRS said we owed about 15 grand. After a preliminary investigation, they went down 2 grand. My accountant said you can definitely win this, but my bill will be several times that if you want to fight. We paid it. Still burns my ass.
I got fined almost $500 for being a few days late filing a return. It was my fault. I honestly just lost track of the deadline. However, back in '22 they double debited my end of the year tax bill. They owed me nearly $3k for over a year. Based on the little game they play, I would've incurred fines every month. Like if I didn't pay that (I think it was like $440) I would've owed them $880 next month. $1320 a month after that. $1760 a month after that. Y'all just paid me my $3k-ish plus a piddly little amount of interest. Shouldn't I be able to assess you guys the same fines you want to assess me? How about we just call it even? Oh, it doesn't work like that? Why? Because y'all make the rules and don't have to fairly reciprocate. Yeah, basically. Fucking shit...

I got fined almost $500 for being a few days late filing a return. It was my fault. I honestly just lost track of the deadline. However, back in '22 they double debited my end of the year tax bill. They owed me nearly $3k for over a year. Based on the little game they play, I would've incurred fines every month. Like if I didn't pay that (I think it was like $440) I would've owed them $880 next month. $1320 a month after that. $1760 a month after that. Y'all just paid me my $3k-ish plus a piddly little amount of interest. Shouldn't I be able to assess you guys the same fines you want to assess me? How about we just call it even? Oh, it doesn't work like that? Why? Because y'all make the rules and don't have to fairly reciprocate. Yeah, basically. Fucking shit...
I agree but devils advocate.

You came to them for a lot of fukin money you didn’t have.

They lent it to you… (granted to make a profit, but profit isn’t a bad word).

In this situation…. Yeah… they get to make the rules.

I agree but devils advocate.

You came to them for a lot of fukin money you didn’t have.

They lent it to you… (granted to make a profit, but profit isn’t a bad word).

In this situation…. Yeah… they get to make the rules.
What? They lent me nothing. I lent them $3k-ish for over a year involuntarily. It took them a year to refund me the amount they debited from my bank account twice.

What? They lent me nothing. I lent them $3k-ish for over a year involuntarily. It took them a year to refund me the amount they debited from my bank account twice.
I guess I’m confused… your mortgage company or the state?

The state…. Fuck’m in the neck with a chain saw.

This is a mortgage auction, not a tax auction..: I was confused by your post.

My mistake… where is that hooked on Phonics book again? I may need a refresher.

Edit: and I got my threads confused. But I ain’t gonna delete. Fuck it.

Last edited:
I guess I’m confused… your mortgage company or the state?

The state…. Fuck’m in the neck with a chain saw.

This is a mortgage auction, not a tax auction..: I was confused by your post.

My mistake… where is that hooked on Phonics book again? I may need a refresher.
The state. My electronic payment to the IRS went through twice for whatever reason. It took them over a year to refund it.

Who has ever heard of a June presidential debate, even before the convention? Reeks of desperation.

I've never been through an IRS audit, just a few through the state and one county. The county was personal property tax...nothing found.

All were a total waste of money for me and the state.

As usual, my accountant was the only one that came out ahead on the first one.

Sales/use tax...before they taxed everything on the interweb. Took something like 6 months because everything went through the accountant. Little fun fact, do not let them in your office, they can then access any and all files. If the accountant handles it, you just give them what they request. New accountant does not charge extra for audits.

Anyways, I ended up paying something like $2100 on that one. That was after he found $1100 in credits. I was more pissed at my accountant for missing those credits than having to pay the $2100.

2 UA audits. I was unaware that on casual labor, the employer still has to pay UA and related taxes. Thought that was the whole point of casual labor. In the 3 years of the audit, I paid something like $486.

A couple years later, same thing. I wanted to call and bitch them out, my CFO/wife didn't think that was a good idea. Found $0 owed that time.

Just like anyone, I'm sure if they audited me again, they would find something because as every good American, I take any and all deductions I possibly can. Even if they are in a gray area.

Top Back Refresh