What's new

Biden dropping out

Also election interference is not a more popular talking point because some boomers and feds caused a little ruckus at the capital a while back and ever since you can't question elections.
You can question elections without going full Jan 6. Especially if you're one of the people already sitting in a seat in the capitol building.

That's the thing. There are so many little issues that some percentage of the population sees as a deal breaker.

Abortion is another hot topic I see here all the time. There really should be different flavors of conservative parties that allow people to vote more in line with their core beliefs. Then when a compromise is needed with another flavor of conservative to make something happen, all those people with close to the same core belief can come together and decide what they are really able to compromise on.

Well abortion is a state issue now. I’m fine with making way more shit handled at the state level. Drug issues as well as whatever else wasn’t intended to be delegated by the feds

the problem is where the major fraud happens, its run by Democrats so Republicans cannot make any changes to the process. an exception would be GA, where the Republicans control the state gov.

but lets not act like this is some magical "both sides" problem. we all know it's not
it is both sides, though... When is the last time the GOP actually stood up for COTUS? Or stopped spending? Or unified around their nominee, etc?

Point being... it's not so much DNC vs. GOP... It's DNCGOP vs. the People

Worked out great here in Michigan.

Legalized weed, Whitler, Nessel and Benson. All in one election.

It's not quite the positive you think it will be.

I was more just stating what I think is a fact not that I think it’s great one way or the other.

It definitely ran me out of the corporate world. Overall that was a net positive but it definitely created a few years of negative.

Well, I guess. It got me to retire from the fire service. That's as close to the politicks of the corporate world I ever got.

Kept telling my chief the neighboring chief was a snake, he wanted to play nice.

I retired.

Couple years later the neighboring chief was convicted of embezzling from the FD. This jackass also wanted an instructor/coordinator to falsify continuing ed credits for him because he didn't attend the classes.

the irony is that the GOP and DNC seem to have switched on their foreign policy stances recently...

That's what I thought too until October 7th. Like wow, are the Republicans really the ones against funding a foreign war? Damn, that's a new development. But that fell apart instantly as soon it it came to dear old Israel.

You can question elections without going full Jan 6. Especially if you're one of the people already sitting in a seat in the capitol building.
Oh you can logically but not politically, You can have a nuanced take on election policy but if you are right of center you will be painted as a racist or insurrectionist, probably both. I'm just saying that The republicans have been beating the drum about specific election policy stuff but they have to do it quietly.

That should be a plus 1 for Trump on the libertarian side since he seemed fine not starting new wars and entering foreign entanglements

He did. But that time sure has changed on Israel. He's on the stump acting like Biden's support of Israel has been weak when we're giving them everything they could want and Biden has even said he'll never abandon Israel. That's the pull Israel has in DC.

Something needs to be done about political donations and lobbyists.

I don't have the answer, but we can't keep going the same way.
My answer
Get rid of the congressional offices in DC. Keep our representatives close to home, where we can keep an eye on them as opposed to the lobbyist. Lobbying would become more expensive and cumbersome. They can come to our cocktail parties.

Term limits
Original idea was to send our brightest from each community to represent us. We would watch over their farm or business while they SERVED. Representation wasn't meant to be a job or wealth generator.

Move the different departments to different areas of the country.

IE decentralize government. Abolish DC

Worked out great here in Michigan.

Legalized weed, Whitler, Nessel and Benson. All in one election.

It's not quite the positive you think it will be.

It wasn't the weed that got these bitches in, it was the steal. And they are still covering it up and passing laws to deny anyone the right to question elections in the future.

Side note
I have never heard my wife use the C word until Whitmer stopped garden seed sales.

My answer
Get rid of the congressional offices in DC. Keep our representatives close to home, where we can keep an eye on them as opposed to the lobbyist. Lobbying would become more expensive and cumbersome. They can come to our cocktail parties.

Term limits
Original idea was to send our brightest from each community to represent us. We would watch over their farm or business while they SERVED. Representation wasn't meant to be a job or wealth generator.

This....Politician should not equal full time job.

It kills me that there are people that have been in office longer than I've been alive, and I'm gonna be fucking 49 this month, it's mind boggling.
You should go to represent your people, which includes ALL parties, not the interests of whom ever donated the most to your campaign.

Ya, ya...:homer:
Whatever...I can dream.

it is both sides, though... When is the last time the GOP actually stood up for COTUS? Or stopped spending? Or unified around their nominee, etc?

Point being... it's not so much DNC vs. GOP... It's DNCGOP vs. the People

of course. im not saying there arent shitbags in the GOP but im pushing back against SJs claim that the GOP is rampantly cheating and frauding elections.

of course. im not saying there arent shitbags in the GOP but im pushing back against SJs claim that the GOP is rampantly cheating and frauding elections.

I mean, it was pretty convenient that the 2000 election came down to a few votes in Florida and G Dub's brother was the governor. Not saying it was definitely cheating, but my God if that happened to Donald Trump this place would be sheer comedy. :laughing:

Who controls elections?

NOT the federal government.

the states do.

but when you talk about there being fraud, who uses lawfare against you? the locals and the feds.

you cant forget about the Voting Rights Act, thats a federal law.

and lets not forget about H.R. 1 which was the Democrats try to Federalize all of our elections. the republicans fought it and killed the bill

but yes, its the Republicans who arent talking enough about election integrity. no one on the GOP side has been branded an "Election Denier" yet.

Last edited:
"Rampantly" isn't the term I would use, but I'd say it's not isolated just a few shitbags acting alone either. It seems to me the dems went a bit too far overboard this last time and failed sufficiently at the "cover it up part", but I would offer up that they've both been playing dirty for a long time.

I mean, it was pretty convenient that the 2000 election came down to a few votes in Florida and G Dub's brother was the governor. Not saying it was definitely cheating, but my God if that happened to Donald Trump this place would be sheer comedy. :laughing:

right. because some really old people (Florida is full of them) couldnt poke holes in a piece of paper you think the Republicans cheated in 2000?

They must be really shitty at cheating because if they were they would have had boxes full of no-doubt paper punches that would have put W over by 10,000 instead of a few 100. and NOT had to go to the SC where it was basically a toss up.

"Rampantly" isn't the term I would use, but I'd say it's not isolated just a few shitbags acting alone either. It seems to me the dems went a bit too far overboard this last time and failed sufficiently at the "cover it up part", but I would offer up that they've both been playing dirty for a long time.

so you are admitting the Dems definitely committed fraud in the 2020 election?

the states do.

but when you talk about there being fraud, who uses lawfare against you? the locals and the feds.

you cant forget about the Voting Rights Act, thats a federal law.

and lets not forget about H.R. which was the Democrats try to Federalize all of our elections. the republicans fought it and killed the bill

but yes, its the Republicans who arent talking enough about election integrity. no one on the GOP side has been branded an "Election Denier" yet.
I don't dispute that the democrats are using everything in their arsenal to cover up anything they've done. It makes sense. All I'm saying is that it's not a David and Goliath story where the democrats have used their considerable power to keep the poor republicans down.

I think it would be easy to sell the idea of more campaign transparency as a republican without getting crucified- All you have to do is say the lack of transparency in the last election resulted in a large portion of the US population questioning the results of the election and that to help show those people the system is fair and just, we should work to make the process easier to monitor and audit by the average joe. After all, there's no harm in exposing more of the process since there is no impropriety, right? :grinpimp:

Jimmy Carter and James Baker are doing it without getting nailed to the cross, why can't other republicans?

Bipartisan report seeks ways to counter extreme polarization that has created distrust in elections

so you are admitting the Dems definitely committed fraud in the 2020 election?
yes, since I have so much proof that they did, I am admitting it to the world. Call cnn and I'll set them straight. :flipoff2:

Like I said earlier in this thread, I have suspect that is the case.

right. because some really old people (Florida is full of them) couldnt poke holes in a piece of paper you think the Republicans cheated in 2000?

They must be really shitty at cheating because if they were they would have had boxes full of no-doubt paper punches that would have put W over by 10,000 instead of a few 100. and NOT had to go to the SC where it was basically a toss up.

I mean, I literally said that I wasn't saying that it was definitely cheating. :laughing:

But let's be very honest here. We all know what the IBB's reaction would be if dear Donald lost an election that came down to a few votes in a state where his opponent's brother was the governor and the courts stopped a recount.

the problem is where the major fraud happens, its run by Democrats so Republicans cannot make any changes to the process. an exception would be GA, where the Republicans control the state gov.

but lets not act like this is some magical "both sides" problem. we all know it's not

Correct. Except GA is led by a RINO right now.

The 2 party system is our own fault as voters. We're too afraid to step out and vote for other parties because "teh bad guy who is going to ruin America in the other party will win if I throw away my vote!"

It would be like if you went to a car lot and you could either buy a Prius or an F-450. "Well, I need to be able to tow a 5K trailer and having a Prius does away with trailers, so I have to buy an F-450!" We're forcing ourselves to squeeze into a universal mold just because of 1 or 2 things we need from that mold, while we compromise 5 others.

Meanwhile, Toyota is making a killing on Priuses because half of the country is buying them and Ford is fine with that because the other half of the world is buying f-450s

In a multi party system, you can find smaller groups that align more with the change you want to see. In a multi party system, some of those parties have to figure out how to compromise and work with each other because they don't command close to half or more than half of the vote.

It's a win win, but first we all need to pull our heads out of our asses and "throw our votes away" on parties that align more with our actual beliefs.

I like your comparison.

Bullshit.

This refers to “the Dems are the cheaters” . I’m sorry but they are. There are lots of independent republicans that cheat now and then, but the Dems are the party of “unified” corruption.

Do I have to provide proof? Or can I just have a hunch like we all do for the 2020 elections? :flipoff2:

We have a very decentralized voting system, as has been stated already in this thread. Democrats don't control that system, so if they've figured out how to cheat, it's not because they somehow had more power over the voting process than the Republicans.

With the exception of a a few statistical outliers, voting done in red counties is officiated by red officials and voting in blue counties is done by blue officials.

My personal belief, that I have no better proof than any of the evidence already presented here by others, is that both sides are gaming the system and covering it up as best they can by somehow pumping numbers up to favor their candidate. They need to avoid scrutiny, so they can't just cause a historically red or blue state to massively flip without a good narrative. Hence why California isn't worth anyone's time to cheat any time soon, but those battleground states are very popular.

The problem is even in red states, the major city’s are blue. That’s where the cheating is happening in a big way.

Kinda sounds like they're really good at cheating to me....

This refers to “the Dems are the cheaters” . I’m sorry but they are. There are lots of independent republicans that cheat now and then, but the Dems are the party of “unified” corruption.
My bullshit does not refer to "the dems are cheaters". My reply refers to the notion that the dems somehow have control the election process. They do not. It's my assessment that they would have to use other methods to cheat rather than simply having control over every single election organization that mattered in the US.

It wasn't the weed that got these bitches in, it was the steal. And they are still covering it up and passing laws to deny anyone the right to question elections in the future.

Side note
I have never heard my wife use the C word until Whitmer stopped garden seed sales.

Not in '18. They didn't star the steal until '20.

Benson is a Soros plant.

My answer

Term limits

Good ideas. Other than the cocktail parties...lobbyists not invited.

Also how about their pay is the same as the lowest paid military person, with the same level of health care.

Top Back Refresh