What's new

Biden dropping out

I don't know, it shed an awful lot of light on what the Feds were doing and has made people more skeptical of election results.

Jan 6 has backfired pretty spectacularly for the Feds. They really didn't get shit out of it other than a couple months of legacy media trying to push the narrative that no one other than die hard liberals who believe everything they're told anyway.

Jan 6 put an immediate end to all the 2020 voter fraud allegations and investigations.

Jan 6 put an immediate end to all the 2020 voter fraud allegations and investigations.

That was its principal function. Stop the contesting of the electoral votes and shift the public narrative away from an election in question to a violent right-wing insurrection. It was 100% pre-planned.

Firstly: Jan 6th didn't work well either. Nothing has changed.

Secondly: You're off in the weeds- My point is republican politicians are in a better position to make changes for more transparent voting and they are choosing not to. They didn't need to "storm the capitol" because they are in there making laws in it every damn day and they haven't done shit to make the 2024 election any better than 2020.
Yes, the republicans suck. Everybody knows that. I thought you were saying both sides are the same. This is not true. Republicans are ineffective crooks that are “letting” our country be destroyed. Democrats are effective crooks that are doing the destroying.

My answer
Get rid of the congressional offices in DC. Keep our representatives close to home, where we can keep an eye on them as opposed to the lobbyist. Lobbying would become more expensive and cumbersome. They can come to our cocktail parties.

Term limits
Original idea was to send our brightest from each community to represent us. We would watch over their farm or business while they SERVED. Representation wasn't meant to be a job or wealth generator.

Move the different departments to different areas of the country.

IE decentralize government. Abolish DC

I like it all except the term limit part. Make it age maybe, I'd be all in but if you do term limits, the bureaucrats will be running the government even more than they are now. They'd have to by default because of the leaning curve getting new office holders up to speed.

I like it all except the term limit part. Make it age maybe, I'd be all in but if you do term limits, the bureaucrats will be running the government even more than they are now. They'd have to by default because of the leaning curve getting new office holders up to speed.

Term limits for the deep state bureaucrats (I repeat myself)?

F that...fire them all.

F that, hang them all...the new bunch might learn a thing or two if they see a predecessor hanging from a tree branch.

Something to think about- their job depends on getting elected. Why aren't they fighting for fair elections?

Not sure why you keep saying that. At least 40 states have made new laws. Both sides are making moves. I know GA has. So has Florida.

No…but what does that have to do with you claiming no one is doing anything to make it harder?

If nothing else im sure they want to keep their job

What's the point of adding legislation if it doesn't fix the issue?

Back to your point though, I wasn't aware of probably half of these laws that got passed. Gonna have to go back and do some reading. Thanks!

Back to your point though, I wasn't aware of probably half of these laws that got passed. Gonna have to go back and do some reading. Thanks!

So what do you want man? You want a fight like you said no one is doing or to lay down because progress in the right direction doesnt 100 percent solve the problem?

So what do you want man? You want a fight like you said no one is doing or to lay down because progress in the right direction doesnt 100 percent solve the problem?
I want enough changes in our current voting system that it's impossible to doubt the results. The fact that it's even possible to question election results undermines our process and I believe every elected official should be working towards fixing that issue. Seems like this should be priority one for them as soon as it became apparent that the election could be called into question.

Probably a tall order, but that's what I want.

I want enough changes in our current voting system that it's impossible to doubt the results. The fact that it's even possible to question election results undermines our process and I believe every elected official should be working towards fixing that issue. Seems like this should be priority one for them as soon as it became apparent that the election could be called into question.

Probably a tall order, but that's what I want.

Noticed they closed the “loophole” that didnt exist pretty quick that gave pence any power for disputing electoral votes

hold-up-hold-up-meme-sticker.gif

you've been talking this whole time about something you know nothing about?

Say it aint so!!

I try to explain this, and people don't want to hear it.

The bureaucracy can outlast any politician or administration policy, by DECADES.

And you have a politician that has to half ass pander to their constitutes because they need a vote in the future, but now they don't even need to do that, because they are a lame duck. So NOW, they spend their administration catering to the lobby or mega-corp that is going to employ them when they are out of office next month.

I say this so much I'm fucking bored saying it but you fix it by ZOOM.
Work from home / remote work technology is the key to saving the country.

You have to break up the kabal they are having in DC. They need to be restricted to living and working from their district. NO staff or office space in DC.

That and a balanced budget eligibility requirement. would go a long way to righting the ship.
(You're ineligible to run for office as an incumbent if the budget is not balanced)

Last edited:
But seriously- do you feel confident that the 2024 elections will be secure and accurate?

certainly not. but no matter how you frame it, it would be impossible for Republicans to make the changes to districts and legislatures where they are in the minority and also dont control the governorship

Pennsylvania, Michigan, Arizona, Nevada?

certainly not. but no matter how you frame it, it would be impossible for Republicans to make the changes to districts and legislatures where they are in the minority and also dont control the governorship

Pennsylvania, Michigan, Arizona, Nevada?
Agree, which is when there should be tons of public political pressure exerted upon their peers in those states to make an effort to secure those as well.

Something like this "There are a large amount of US citizens that question the results of the 2020 elections. There are a large amount of US Citizens that question the security of our elections. In the interest of preserving our democracy(yes yes, I know it's not a true websters dictionary democracy, let it go), let us create a bipartisan agreement to remove any possible doubt in the results of future elections. Here are all the measures taken in our states to ensure a secure election:" Shout that from the mountain tops and play it on facebook and tik tock and tv commercials every day.

I don't hear or see anyone doing that, and so I question if they're doing all they could and if not, why? Getting elected is what keeps them all employed, so wouldn't they want to make sure it's not rigged against their party?

Agree, which is when there should be tons of public political pressure exerted upon their peers in those states to make an effort to secure those as well.

Something like this "There are a large amount of US citizens that question the results of the 2020 elections. There are a large amount of US Citizens that question the security of our elections. In the interest of preserving our democracy(yes yes, I know it's not a true websters dictionary democracy, let it go), let us create a bipartisan agreement to remove any possible doubt in the results of future elections. Here are all the measures taken in our states to ensure a secure election:" Shout that from the mountain tops and play it on facebook and tik tock and tv commercials every day.

I don't hear or see anyone doing that, and so I question if they're doing all they could and if not, why? Getting elected is what keeps them all employed, so wouldn't they want to make sure it's not rigged against their party?

Michigan: Dems control the executive, legislative and judicial branches.

Nothing is happening here to secure elections.

Michigan: Dems control the executive, legislative and judicial branches.

Nothing is happening here to secure elections.
Right, which effects us all for presidential elections, especially any Republicans who are interested in running for president. If you were one of those candidates from another state, wouldn't you be pushing for reforms country-wide?

I understand that elections are handled at a local level, but that shouldn't stop people from using their public and political influence to highlight changes that could be made to secure elections

Top Back Refresh