What's new

Biden dropping out

day one Trump needs to do an executive order to repeal all of bidens executive orders.
That's basically what Biden did, except for the China tariffs, he kept those taxes like a good democrat.

Executive orders are all but worthless. If you want actual change, go through congress.

That's basically what Biden did, except for the China tariffs, he kept those taxes like a good democrat.

Executive orders are all but worthless. If you want actual change, go through congress.
I do believe that 90% of the power of the EO needs stripped away. No one person should have that kind of power. It was never intended to be used as it is.

I do believe that 90% of the power of the EO needs stripped away. No one person should have that kind of power. It was never intended to be used as it is.

Trying to remember, I think it started with obozo, but in theory (Constitutionally) the majority of EOs that him, Trump and Sniffy have enacted are completely illegal.

correlation/causation
what it's built us is the strongest and furthest reaching state apparatus the world currently has

I run into your confusion a lot though; thinking that the government built the economy, rather than the economy resulting from the actions of the people who the government subjects itself to.
it might not seem like much of a meaningful distinction to make, but it is an important one. It lets people argue that the hoover dam and the interstate highway system were built 'by the state' rather than being built by individual people paid by the state with stolen funds.
Given how big the government is it is a whole sector of the economy all by itself.

ALSO, as I said in the inflation thread... Baseline budgeting and built in governemnt growth is a cause of inflation, but more than that, it is causing crippling governemnt growth.

Baseline budgeting is around 7% a year... put that in your growth calculator and tell me how long it takes the governemnt to double using that rate of growth.

I agree with you, but I also want to point out how big the scope of the problem.

EOs should have a 3 month sunset. In that time, if congress and the senate wants to shut it down, fine. If they havnt in a year, it’s law. It should definitely be illegal if the EO has already been voted down by congress or the Supreme Court.

EOs should have a 3 month sunset. In that time, if congress and the senate wants to shut it down, fine. If they havnt in a year, it’s law. It should definitely be illegal if the EO has already been voted down by congress or the Supreme Court.
No EO should become law without congressional voting. Actually it shouldn't carry any weight without it.

the government is jonesing for a full on "boog boy riot" and that way they can claim that conservatives are domestic terrorists and put the riot or movement down with all the force they have including the military and the dems will LOVE IT and ask for it more and more. becuase its against conservatives.

if you dont think the military and police will just follow orders, i have a bridge to sell you.
Yeah, this has been building for the better part of 40 years. A lot of the domestic bullshit in the PATRIOT Act and FISA are directly related to shit like Ruby Ridge and Waco. There's a reason they've spent the last 20 something years since 9/11 pushing narratives vilifying conservatives, militias, gun owners, and for the last decade or so spent so much time stoking racial tensions and villifying white people. They want those groups acting out because they can use it as justification for expanding power.

Just look at how insignificant Jan 6 was and how much they've run with that. It's been several years and they're still tracking people down and sending FBI agents to intimidate people who were anywhere close to the Capital that day whether they had any involvement or not.

Trying to remember, I think it started with obozo, but in theory (Constitutionally) the majority of EOs that him, Trump and Sniffy have enacted are completely illegal.

PresidentTermTotal OrdersAvg/YearYrs in Office
George Washington (F)Total817.85
John Adams (F)Total10.254
Thomas Jefferson (D-R)Total40.58
James Madison (D-R)Total10.138
James Monroe (D-R)Total10.138
John Quincy Adams (D-R)Total30.754
Andrew Jackson (D)Total121.58
Martin van Buren (D)Total102.54
William Henry Harrison (W)Total000.08
John Tyler (W)Total174.33.92
James K. Polk (D)Total184.54
Zachary Taylor (W)Total53.71.35
Millard Fillmore (W)Total124.52.65
Franklin Pierce (D)Total3594
James Buchanan (D)Total1644
Abraham Lincoln (R)Total48124.12
Andrew Johnson (D)Total79203.89
Ulysses S. Grant (R)Total217278
Rutherford B. Hayes (R)Total92234
James Garfield (R)Total6110.55
Chester Arthur (R)Total96283.46
Grover Cleveland - I (D)Total113284
Benjamin Harrison (R)Total143364
Grover Cleveland - II (D)Total140354
William McKinley (R)Total185414.53
Theodore Roosevelt (R)Total1,0811457.47
William Howard Taft (R)Total7241814
Woodrow Wilson (D)Total1,8032258
Warren G. Harding (R)Total5222172.41
Calvin Coolidge (R)Total1,2032155.59
Herbert Hoover (R)Total9682424
Franklin D. Roosevelt (D)Total3,72130712.12
Harry S. Truman (D)Total9071177.78
Dwight D. Eisenhower (R)Total484618
John F. Kennedy (D)Total214752.84
Lyndon B. Johnson (D)Total325635.17
Richard Nixon (R)Total346625.55
Gerald R. Ford (R)Total169692.45
Jimmy Carter (D)Total320804
Ronald Reagan (R)Total381488
George Bush (R)Total166424
William J. Clinton (D)Total364468
George W. Bush (R)Total291368
Barack Obama (D)Total276358
Donald J. Trump (R)Total220554
Joseph R. Biden (D)Total138423.25

100% should go away. A president is supposed to apply the constitution and the law congress passes, not issue edicts like a king.

The "three equal branches" bs is truly insidious crap progressives came up with.

PresidentTermTotal OrdersAvg/YearYrs in Office
George Washington (F)Total817.85
John Adams (F)Total10.254
Thomas Jefferson (D-R)Total40.58
James Madison (D-R)Total10.138
James Monroe (D-R)Total10.138
John Quincy Adams (D-R)Total30.754
Andrew Jackson (D)Total121.58
Martin van Buren (D)Total102.54
William Henry Harrison (W)Total000.08
John Tyler (W)Total174.33.92
James K. Polk (D)Total184.54
Zachary Taylor (W)Total53.71.35
Millard Fillmore (W)Total124.52.65
Franklin Pierce (D)Total3594
James Buchanan (D)Total1644
Abraham Lincoln (R)Total48124.12
Andrew Johnson (D)Total79203.89
Ulysses S. Grant (R)Total217278
Rutherford B. Hayes (R)Total92234
James Garfield (R)Total6110.55
Chester Arthur (R)Total96283.46
Grover Cleveland - I (D)Total113284
Benjamin Harrison (R)Total143364
Grover Cleveland - II (D)Total140354
William McKinley (R)Total185414.53
Theodore Roosevelt (R)Total1,0811457.47
William Howard Taft (R)Total7241814
Woodrow Wilson (D)Total1,8032258
Warren G. Harding (R)Total5222172.41
Calvin Coolidge (R)Total1,2032155.59
Herbert Hoover (R)Total9682424
Franklin D. Roosevelt (D)Total3,72130712.12
Harry S. Truman (D)Total9071177.78
Dwight D. Eisenhower (R)Total484618
John F. Kennedy (D)Total214752.84
Lyndon B. Johnson (D)Total325635.17
Richard Nixon (R)Total346625.55
Gerald R. Ford (R)Total169692.45
Jimmy Carter (D)Total320804
Ronald Reagan (R)Total381488
George Bush (R)Total166424
William J. Clinton (D)Total364468
George W. Bush (R)Total291368
Barack Obama (D)Total276358
Donald J. Trump (R)Total220554
Joseph R. Biden (D)Total138423.25

I was wrong. I thought I remembered obozo really ratcheting up the number of EOs issued. Looks fairly average.

FDR sure did a heckuva job issuing them.

I was wrong. I thought I remembered obozo really ratcheting up the number of EOs issued. Looks fairly average.

You probably remember him making the statement "he didn't need congress, he had a phone and a pin".

Yeah, this has been building for the better part of 40 years. A lot of the domestic bullshit in the PATRIOT Act and FISA are directly related to shit like Ruby Ridge and Waco. There's a reason they've spent the last 20 something years since 9/11 pushing narratives vilifying conservatives, militias, gun owners, and for the last decade or so spent so much time stoking racial tensions and villifying white people. They want those groups acting out because they can use it as justification for expanding power.

Just look at how insignificant Jan 6 was and how much they've run with that. It's been several years and they're still tracking people down and sending FBI agents to intimidate people who were anywhere close to the Capital that day whether they had any involvement or not.

This is what I try to tell people when they're gleeful about things like the police head knocking the college protesters. It's all fun and games when it's not directed at you but given the opportunity it WILL be directed at you. If you don't stand for the freedoms of those you oppose then you just plain don't stand for freedoms, period.

This is what I try to tell people when they're gleeful about things like the police head knocking the college protesters. It's all fun and games when it's not directed at you but given the opportunity it WILL be directed at you. If you don't stand for the freedoms of those you oppose then you just plain don't stand for freedoms, period.
:usa:

Yes but,
I don’t include illegally blocking streets or businesses.
Standing on the sidewalk not impeding passage? GTG.
Blocking the interstate? Better get the fuck out of the way.
Destruction of property? Stick to the head before you’re cuffed and stuffed.

Obama didn't have a lot overall, but he was the start of using them heavily as legislation. Realistically, any President should have a fair amount, especially now with the shear amount of Federal agencies. The content of the EOs matters more than the volume.

The pendulum will swing and I don't want to live in some far right Christian theocracy any more than I want to live in some dystopian leftist nightmare.

Obama didn't have a lot overall, but he was the start of using them heavily as legislation. Realistically, any President should have a fair amount, especially now with the shear amount of Federal agencies. The content of the EOs matters more than the volume.
While I agree that content over quantity is what matters right now I still say I'd rather see 0 executive orders ever again over 1 awesome one I liked.

J6 are still in prison, it's not remotely the same. BLM, liberals et al, are treated differently. I wish conservative protests were looked upon in the same light as POS democrats by the almighty government.

:shaking: Is there something about going backwards and forwards all the time that makes you snow hoes dumb as fuck?

Not defending obama,

The first executive order was issued by Washington on June 8, 1789; addressed to the heads of the federal departments, it instructed them "to impress [him] with a full, precise, and distinct general idea of the affairs of the United States" in their fields.[10]

From wiki so it’s probably fake news.

Top Back Refresh