What's new

Being Cheap Vs. Being Inconvenienced? ( Guess This Is Too Much For Garage Journal Too)

I guess it's true... narcisist don't know they're narcisist.

Lets all discuss Jimmy NUMBAWS mental disorder.

I don’t see how I’m anymore narcissistic than you or any other asshole on this site/the internet who thinks they’re right and everyone else is wrong.

I’m here to try and understand viewpoints I don’t hold, to see if there’s merit to their way of thinking, you fuckers all seem to have the attitude of “I’m old and already know everything I need to, nobody is going to tell me shit because I know everything!”

What’s more narcissistic than that? I’d call it “stubborn old fuck who thinks they know everything”.

Is the item used for hobbies or for making money? How essential is it to making money? What are replacement costs? What are replacement times? How often is it used? Is there better technology you could potentially replace it with? What are opportunity cost there? Is there another piece of equipment demanding more attention at this time?

Running a business is a headache. The more people involved in running said business just makes it a bigger headache. People don’t care about the equipment if they don’t own it. And when they break, lose, or damage equipment all the time, you get to the point you say good luck with what ya got cause I can’t afford to micromanage you or replace stuff all the time.

Lol you have never been in a position of being the boss/ owner. There are times when you have to decide either I buy a new tranny jack or make payroll this week.

Most small business owners are not cash money rich. They are asset rich. The only time they’ll be flush with cash is when they fire your ass and sell everything.

I really think you need to start your own shop just to see how the world really works.

Best answer so far, but it still doesn’t explain why so many shops have broken/half working equipment for years. If you see something that needs done, you plan ahead and start trying to remedy that. I can’t stand this “it works good enough/make it work” cocksucker mentality that so many owners have. “Fuck you, your health, safety and everything else, the only thing that matters is money in my pocket”.

The end goal of any business is profits, but being a selfish cocksucker who only cares about himself isn’t respectable nor should employees put up with that type of shit. If you see that a place is that way, IMO you have a duty to yourself to immediately find a way out of that situation and not support what they’re trying to do. If they can find some other dumb fuck to work under those conditions, more power to them, but it ain’t gonna be me.

I’m not putting my life on the line because your cheap ass is too cheap to fix/maintain your lifts. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

What I’m asking is where do you guys draw the line between trying to cheap out and save money by using something that’s half broken/inconvenient to use and when will you pony up and say “screw this POS” and buy one that works as it’s supposed to?

IME the ones who want you to use half broken/crappy stuff are bosses and managers who aren’t directly inconvenienced by it themselves. Long as the work gets done they don’t care. IMO you waste more time dealing with broken junk trying to make it work right (by wasting time you also lose money) than it would cost to replace with one that works right. But some folks seem to have the goal of “spend as little as possible no matter the problems it causes”.

For example, having a tranny jack that pours oil out and requires filling each time it’s used wastes more time and money than buying a new one, not only the money in the oil but also the time filling it each time and cleaning up the oil trail it leaves in its wake.

So what do you fuckers think? Apparently this is too controversial for garage journal so fuck them!
why dont you fix the jack numbnuts

you can buy the seals at a hydraulic shop

this should have been titled..i want new shit, while being to lazy to repair and maintain equipment properly.

We could loops this back to one of your previous threads about doing shit properly instead of half ass

why dont you fix the jack numbnuts

you can buy the seals at a hydraulic shop

this should have been titled..i want new shit, while being to lazy to repair and maintain equipment properly.

We could loops this back to one of your previous threads about doing shit properly instead of half ass

Wasn’t going to spend money on a jack that wasn’t mine, nor would the owner have given me or any other tech the time to do it because of the “it works well enough and that’s all that matters” Cheap fucker wouldn’t even have bought the seals knowing him.

Take care of your shit. Grease, bushings, bearings, brushes, o-rings, seals, filters, fluid changes, all need regular inspection and replacement.
“If it moves, grease it. If it doesn’t move, paint it.”

Wasn’t going to spend money on a jack that wasn’t mine, nor would the owner have given me or any other tech the time to do it because of the “it works well enough and that’s all that matters” Cheap fucker wouldn’t even have bought the seals knowing him.
sounds like you didnt ask

came here to complain instead

a transmission jack last nearly forever..maintain your shit numbnuts

Jimmy, please delete this thread. My dick can only get so hard

Wow what a faggot :flipoff2:

I’d imagine you do chub up at the mere thought of shitting on me because you’ve got nothing better to do (like I don’t know actually tell me why I’m wrong).

The grade school level faggotry and insults just go in one ear and out the other, gonna have to try real hard to hurt my feelings, bitch.

sounds like you didnt ask

came here to complain instead

a transmission jack last nearly forever..maintain your shit numbnuts

Asking to get anything replaced at that shop was like pulling teeth.

The owner was so cheap, in fact, that when the doorknob for the key closet in the showroom broke, he had the janitor go upstairs and take one off one of the rooms up there and swap it with the one downstairs. Biggest Jew bastard I’ve ever worked for.

Wow what a faggot :flipoff2:

I’d imagine you do chub up at the mere thought of shitting on me because you’ve got nothing better to do (like I don’t know actually tell me why I’m wrong).

The grade school level faggotry and insults just go in one ear and out the other, gonna have to try real hard to hurt my feelings, bitch.
probably incapable of the low critical thinking skills to rebuild i hydraulic component arent your parts changer

fuckin moron pissy britches

Asking to get anything replaced at that shop was like pulling teeth.

The owner was so cheap, in fact, that when the doorknob for the key closet in the showroom broke, he had the janitor go upstairs and take one off one of the rooms up there and swap it with the one downstairs. Biggest Jew bastard I’ve ever worked for.
then quit

you bitch so much

im so perfect every body sucks waa waa change your fucking career

adLzQxM_460s.jpg

Reactions: DMG
Hey fuck face whats the model of your transmission jack?

do you even have that?

or did your storm off stomping your feet like a 3yr old so you could whine on irate while sitting in the shithouse?

You mad that some folks agree with me? :flipoff2:

Another thing, what exactly are you trying to accomplish by posting this dumb shit? Think it’s going to hurt my feelings or make me stop?

All it does is show how many of you are thinking about chugging jizz at any one time :lmao:

Are half you fuckers just fags in the closet with cocks and jizz on your mind all the time? And you “pick” on others with your gay shit to hide how ashamed you are of liking the cock.

It’s so amusing to me that you dumb fucks think that shit gets to me. Have at it bro, I’ll be sitting here laughing at your pitiful attempts to get under my skin.

Lol you have never been in a position of being the boss/ owner. There are times when you have to decide either I buy a new tranny jack or make payroll this week.

Most small business owners are not cash money rich. They are asset rich. The only time they’ll be flush with cash is when they fire your ass and sell everything.

I really think you need to start your own shop just to see how the world really works.
This is basically what I was going to say if I thought it would help Jimbo out in the least.

He sees his shop owner collecting $125/hr and thinks he is just swimming in cash.

I, as well as other business owners, understand fully what balancing everything is all about.

For the first year I operated with some of my spare tools from my home shop as well as a few pieces I picked up at the auto parts store as needed. All the tools were cheap crap and they all fit into a small 'tackle style box'

They got the job done.

This year I bought some better tools (from Harbor Freight), I even sprung for a Ryobi 1/2" impact and a small freestanding metal toolbox, my tools are still crap.

The tools still got the job done.

Of course Jimbo, I could have called up the red tool truck and outfitted my entire operation with the best of everything, but the debt would have taken away from growing the business.

I do not think you have the greater understanding to grasp what I, and others, are trying to explain to you.

You mad that some folks agree with me? :flipoff2:

Another thing, what exactly are you trying to accomplish by posting this dumb shit? Think it’s going to hurt my feelings or make me stop?

All it does is show how many of you are thinking about chugging jizz at any one time :lmao:

Are half you fuckers just fags in the closet with cocks and jizz on your mind all the time? And you “pick” on others with your gay shit to hide how ashamed you are of liking the cock.

It’s so amusing to me that you dumb fucks think that shit gets to me. Have at it bro, I’ll be sitting here laughing at your pitiful attempts to get under my skin.

hqdefault.jpg

this is what you sound like

You don't own your own tranny jack? What kind of a mechanic are you?
No mechanics own tranny jacks. Its a shop tool. The only reason I own them is because i own a shop.

Jimmy, you have a message you seem to want to put out there. Start a blog or a podcast. IBB’ers arent your target audience.

Btw, flat rate sucks. Everyone knows.

This is basically what I was going to say if I thought it would help Jimbo out in the least.

He sees his shop owner collecting $125/hr and thinks he is just swimming in cash.

I, as well as other business owners, understand fully what balancing everything is all about.

For the first year I operated with some of my spare tools from my home shop as well as a few pieces I picked up at the auto parts store as needed. All the tools were cheap crap and they all fit into a small 'tackle style box'

They got the job done.

This year I bought some better tools (from Harbor Freight), I even sprung for a Ryobi 1/2" impact and a small freestanding metal toolbox, my tools are still crap.

The tools still got the job done.

Of course Jimbo, I could have called up the red tool truck and outfitted my entire operation with the best of everything, but the debt would have taken away from growing the business.

I do not think you have the greater understanding to grasp what I, and others, are trying to explain to you.

I know for a fact that business owners are not swimming in cash nor is all they take in profits. I’m speaking more about the attitude many shop owners have towards their equipment. All that seems to matter to them is avoiding spending money at all costs. As if many don’t understand ROI/minimized downtime, the only thing they see is a new one cost x and they’ve got an old one that costs them 15 minutes per day and 1/2 a quart of ATF. Overtime you will have spent more on fluid than it would take to rebuild/buy a new one. That’s my point.

I’ll ask you since you are a business owner. If your guys had to spend 15 minutes each day screwing with something to get it to function, when would you say “screw that enough is enough” and buy a replacement/fix whatever it is.

No mechanics own tranny jacks. Its a shop tool. The only reason I own them is because i own a shop.

I got tired of sharing one with the other guys, seems like it was always being used when I needed it. So I said “fuck it” and bought my own, and am the only one who uses it.

Because if you have to rig something up to work every time you use it, that’s a waste of time that you could’ve spent making the shop more money. It’s stepping over hundreds to pick up pennies, and over time those pennies the owner “thinks” they’ve saved by dumping 1/2 quart of tranny fluid into the tranny jack every other is completely offset by the countless HOURS employees have wasted rigging/fucking with it.

Your point about they don’t use it so they don’t care is spot on. But no other word for it than stupidity. And as far as the “it already works” bullshit, you seem exactly like the type who’d spend 10 minutes fucking with something each time just to make it work rather than save the time and aggravation by buying something that works as it should.
OK this is a serious question, why did you not take the jack apart and replace the few seals that were leaking?

You are a fucking mechanic, get to mechanicing!

OK this is a serious question, why did you not take the jack apart and replace the few seals that were leaking?

Forget about the transmission jack example and just reply to the substance of what I’m asking. You could replace that with any other tool but the initial question remains, which is “when would you as a business owner quit fiddle fucking around with something that’s wasting time and money and fix/replace it?”

I got tired of sharing one with the other guys, seems like it was always being used when I needed it. So I said “fuck it” and bought my own, and am the only one who uses it.
so why is it leaking?

why havent you fixed it?

cheap fuck jew bastard :stirthepot:
hqdefault.jpg

Forget about the transmission jack example and just reply to the substance of what I’m asking. You could replace that with any other tool but the initial question remains, which is “when would you as a business owner quit fiddle fucking around with something that’s wasting time and money and fix/replace it?”
A guy that hires a lead paint chip philosopher such as your self is probably circling the drain or smoking from the same pipe

For one thing, 99%of the tranny jacks made in the past 30 years arent really rebuildable. A lot of stuff made overseas, for example.

Stack coupons, buy the HF tranny jack and store it all the way down and it will last a long time.

hqdefault.jpg

this is what you sound like

The only people that would be bothered by that junior high level bullshit are insecure little bitches. I don’t care enough about what others think of me to be affected by petty insults :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh