What's new

Being Cheap Vs. Being Inconvenienced? ( Guess This Is Too Much For Garage Journal Too)

I do offer a fix, not just “oh it leaks power steering fluid? Just keep dumping that in it it’s all good!”
Okay, your almost to the solution...

Tell me again what you do when something needs fixed. Say it slowly, and think about the words.

Okay, your almost to the solution...

Tell me again what you do when something needs fixed. Say it slowly, and think about the words.

You…fix it?

Like if the power steering pump in my example was leaking I’d fix the problem by replacing it.

You…fix it?

Like if the power steering pump in my example was leaking I’d fix the problem by replacing it.
Now take the same approach with whatever tool you are complaining about. You've assumed the owner knows about the issue, is cheap, and about a dozen other things.

Take the responsibility of fixing the issue. Need money? Ask. Show initiative to make the shop better.

his-is-a-sperm-bank-op-drinking-it-original-poster.jpg

Now take the same approach with whatever tool you are complaining about. You've assumed the owner knows about the issue, is cheap, and about a dozen other things.

Take the responsibility of fixing the issue. Need money? Ask. Show initiative to make the shop better.
but you cant cry about that on irate

thats parts changing

you could rebuild it for a reduce cost and you might fucking learn something
No shit, pop it open and find the bad o-ring and shaft seal. $10 in seals and you're golden.

Yeah, fuck the guy that provides you work. Don’t help him out at all.

He’s gotta be 1000x more sick of your bitching than anybody here.

I thought you made a post about always doing things the right way?

Come in in a Saturday and take care of it whiny ****.

Wasn’t going to spend money on a jack that wasn’t mine, nor would the owner have given me or any other tech the time to do it because of the “it works well enough and that’s all that matters” Cheap fucker wouldn’t even have bought the seals knowing him.

No shit, pop it open and find the bad o-ring and shaft seal. $10 in seals and you're golden.
Then you could diagnose the fault instead of the symptom

by just changing he will not know the cause of the of leak. Could it be wear..sure, could it be a overheat...well you find out when it comes back i guess

It wasn’t mine you retard, nor did you pay attention when I said it was the shop I used to work at and now I have my own.

The transmission jack was just an example I used to ask people where do they draw the line on saving money vs being Inconvenienced. I’ll pony up any day of the week over being irritated by something that doesn’t work as it should.
you have the following reasonable options
  1. *deal with it & STFU
  2. *fix it yourself
  3. *get your own that works properly
  4. pass on all transmission replacement jobs because the shops jack irritates you
  5. quit and go work somewhere else with better facilities & equipment.

yet out of all of these you first went to a kinder gentler forum to pose the topic bitching about it, and got chased out of there and then came over here where everyone heckles you mercilesssly ( and not because they like you) and wishes you'd just stfu and go away, to bitch here again.

Tl/dr: when in doubt you should always just STFU ::flipoff2:

Last edited:
Can we get back to the tranny jack? How come ya didn't at least "jimmy rig" the jack and fix it?

The most inefficient mechanic ever. And before you start muttering about how it isn't your jack... you do use said jack, right? You are responsible for wear and tear on it, right?

Fix the jack dude.

Why is the boss going to spend money on something they don’t use, already works, and gets abused by the users anyway?
i just wanted you to know that for whatever reason i made it to your post before i decided to reply...probably the abuse thing which is probably why the jack is the way it is

And as far as the “it already works” bullshit, you seem exactly like the type who’d spend 10 minutes fucking with something each time just to make it work rather than save the time and aggravation by buying something that works
I find it interesting that you make assumptions about my personality based on a set of questions asked.

Maybe you could have made a deal with the owner like “hey man, if you get a new jack I promise to stop smoking inside your shop” since that was the last thing you were whining about shop owners being mean about on here.

I find it interesting that you make assumptions about my personality based on a set of questions asked.

You can often come to conclusions on someone’s attitude towards something based on what they say about something. In your case, you seemed like the type who’d say “make it work, that one is good enough I’m not spending money to fix it”.

If that’s wrong that’s on me, but that was the impression I got

Last edited:
I guess you’re still missing that now is the time to fix that tranny jack.

Gonna need a time machine for that to happen. Gotta go back to 2017 when I still worked at that shop. Tranny jack was just an example to talk about the broader topic.

Top Back Refresh