What's new

Being Cheap Vs. Being Inconvenienced? ( Guess This Is Too Much For Garage Journal Too)

jimmy123456789

Jackass
Member Number
What I’m asking is where do you guys draw the line between trying to cheap out and save money by using something that’s half broken/inconvenient to use and when will you pony up and say “screw this POS” and buy one that works as it’s supposed to?

IME the ones who want you to use half broken/crappy stuff are bosses and managers who aren’t directly inconvenienced by it themselves. Long as the work gets done they don’t care. IMO you waste more time dealing with broken junk trying to make it work right (by wasting time you also lose money) than it would cost to replace with one that works right. But some folks seem to have the goal of “spend as little as possible no matter the problems it causes”.

For example, having a tranny jack that pours oil out and requires filling each time it’s used wastes more time and money than buying a new one, not only the money in the oil but also the time filling it each time and cleaning up the oil trail it leaves in its wake.

So what do you fuckers think? Apparently this is too controversial for garage journal so fuck them!

What is the deadline, how far is the correct part ,what do you have on hand to cobble it together and is it permanent or temporary.

I do tons of 'good for who it's for' or good enough till the correct part gets here. If its a single use thing ill deal with cobbled together junk.

If its going to get used more than once buy the right thing. Buy once cry once or getting by never gets you by.

For your example that would be a buy the right tool. Not worth the time and aggravation to deal with cobbled together shit on a daily basis especially if its making you money.

Jimmy can you please point to on the doll were the bad person touched you.

Dear Santa, all I want for Christmas is for jimmynumbers to hang himself. Thank you

Why do you hate me so much? Just a hateful piece of shit who hates when someone else makes his tiny brain “gulp” think?

Who am I kidding? You’re to busy talking shit and acting like it’s clever to think. Obviously you never made it past the 8th grade on insults :flipoff2:

Try harder bitch boy

Last edited:
Why do you hate me so much? Just a hateful piece of shit who hates when someone else makes his tiny brain “gulp” think?

Who am I kidding? You’re to busy talking shit and acting like it’s clever to think. Obviously you never made it past the 8th grade on insults :flipoff2:

Try harder bitch boy
I feel like you post a different version of the same thing all the time.

Open your own shop Jimmynumbers, show us how it is done.

Actions speak louder than words.

I feel like you post a different version of the same thing all the time.

Yup. This \\//
clneyself.gif

Nothing you’ve ever posted has made anyone on here think. You posted the simplest shit like it’s some knowledge handed down to you directly by god. Guess what bud? We’ve all figured this shit out decades ago.

Go play in traffic. Or I guess you could go back to Reddit since you are a pussy. They’ll all applaud you and give you the validation you crave there.

Obviously some folks haven’t figured that out, because there’s plenty of fuckers much older than me who still do the kind of stupid shit I spoke about.

If it wasn’t an issue in the world I wouldn’t have made this thread. But some people are stupid, cheap and shortsighted and likely don’t think about decisions long term at all, only “I don’t have to spend money RIGHT NOW so it’s better”. To me it’s retarded, and good on you if you understand the point I’m making. Obviously many in the world don’t…

You don't own your own tranny jack? What kind of a mechanic are you?

I do now, but the first shop (dealership no less) had one like I used in my example, with an owner too cheap to see beyond spending money.

Why does calling stupid, cheap people out for being stupid, cheap and shortsighted make me the asshole?

Yup. This \\//
clneyself.gif

The point of my threads isn’t to pat myself on the back. It’s to see who agrees/disagrees with me and to discuss things further. I like understanding WHY those that disagree with me do so, sometimes I learn something and get a different perspective, sometimes it’s just fodder to bolster my own arguments in the future.

The WHY of why people do things means more to me than the attitude of “Fuck you, do things your way and I’ll do them mine” and never questioning or examining yourself and asking why YOU do things the way you do. IMO if you can’t sit down and list reasons to justify your behavior to yourself, in your own head, you should probably rethink how you do things.

I do now, but the first shop (dealership no less) had one like I used in my example, with an owner too cheap to see beyond spending money.

Why does calling stupid, cheap people out for being stupid, cheap and shortsighted make me the asshole?
Did I call you an asshole?

If you, as a mechanic, don't own EVERY tool necessary to fix ANY vehicle related problem... then you sir are not a mechanic. Worry about your own ass and let others be. Your little narcisistic tantrums are getting stale.

You post this a lot in my threads, seems like it is YOU who wants to guzzle gallons of semen but you project it on me because you’re so “not gay” that you accuse other men of drinking cum :flipoff2:

It’s okay if you’re a Peter puffer, just come out of the fucking closet already, faggot

Did I call you an asshole?

If you, as a mechanic, don't own EVERY tool necessary to fix ANY vehicle related problem... then you sir are not a mechanic. Worry about your own ass and let others be. Your little narcisistic tantrums are getting stale.

Why should we let others not question the way they do things by showing/telling them why their way is inefficient and stupid.

I don’t get this idea of “people have every right to do as they please and you have no right to prod them and make them try to rethink their way of doing things”. Might change their mind, might not, but you sir don’t see the point in doing it at all. If we can’t learn from others, why do humans communicate at all? Should all be loners out fending for ourselves because fuck what anyone else says or thinks right?

Sounds like a way to become complacent, never learn anything new or consider a different perspective, and become satisfied with your superior “knowledge”

Besides, isn’t that what ALL you fuckers do? Ridicule anyone who doesn’t agree with your “superior” way of thinking and try to shame them into agreeing/leaving? Ain’t gonna work with me. And save the grade school level bitch boy insults. You wanna really get to me? Tell me why I’m wrong and why those I wrote against in my OP are actually right.

I don’t get the narcissist quip either. Sounds like a cop out to dismiss someone without actually proving them wrong. Aka biggest bitch move in the world :flipoff2:

Lol you have never been in a position of being the boss/ owner. There are times when you have to decide either I buy a new tranny jack or make payroll this week.

Most small business owners are not cash money rich. They are asset rich. The only time they’ll be flush with cash is when they fire your ass and sell everything.

I really think you need to start your own shop just to see how the world really works.

You post this a lot in my threads, seems like it is YOU who wants to guzzle gallons of semen but you project it on me because you’re so “not gay” that you accuse other men of drinking cum :flipoff:

It’s okay if you’re a Peter puffer, just come out of the fucking closet already, faggot
You flirting with me? I'm getting turned on...

Lol you have never been in a position of being the boss/ owner. There are times when you have to decide either I buy a new tranny jack or make payroll this week.

Most small business owners are not cash money rich. They are asset rich. The only time they’ll be flush with cash is when they fire your ass and sell everything.

I really think you need to start your own shop just to see how the world really works.

What he sees on the building when he goes to work.

:flipoff2:

R8zXWCx.png

I guess it's true... narcisist don't know they're narcisist.

Lets all discuss Jimmy NUMBAWS mental disorder.

I once worked in a shop where the lift was so leaky you had to raise it up and literally RUN to the opposite post to release the lock before it bled back down. Wasn't like the new lifts with the lock release right at the motor. Most owners will chance someone dying over buying newer/safer equipment. Just the way it is. Work elsewhere if you don't agree with how they run the shop.

See here Jr., we all know this common sense shit already.

Google “broken record.”

If it’s such “common sense” why do so many folks not follow it. I can see the point of “it’s not in the budget this week” but I’ve seen things be that way for years, and I can’t see that being anything but being cheap and shortsighted.

What part of that doesn’t make sense?

What I’m asking is where do you guys draw the line between trying to cheap out and save money by using something that’s half broken/inconvenient to use and when will you pony up and say “screw this POS” and buy one that works as it’s supposed to?

IME the ones who want you to use half broken/crappy stuff are bosses and managers who aren’t directly inconvenienced by it themselves. Long as the work gets done they don’t care. IMO you waste more time dealing with broken junk trying to make it work right (by wasting time you also lose money) than it would cost to replace with one that works right. But some folks seem to have the goal of “spend as little as possible no matter the problems it causes”.

For example, having a tranny jack that pours oil out and requires filling each time it’s used wastes more time and money than buying a new one, not only the money in the oil but also the time filling it each time and cleaning up the oil trail it leaves in its wake.

So what do you fuckers think? Apparently this is too controversial for garage journal so fuck them!
How many hours do you sit around thinking these questions up

I once worked in a shop where the lift was so leaky you had to raise it up and literally RUN to the opposite post to release the lock before it bled back down. Wasn't like the new lifts with the lock release right at the motor. Most owners will chance someone dying over buying newer/safer equipment. Just the way it is. Work elsewhere if you don't agree with how they run the shop.

I’ve had lifts I refused to use at the last couple shops I was at precisely because the safety’s didn’t work and were bypassed by another “tech” there. Fuck that noise, some cocksucker owner making a buck or some customers car isn’t more important than mine or anyone else’s life.

Any tech that goes along with that type of shit isn’t a real tech, and any owner who cares more about profits than the safety of their workers is a cocksucker nobody should work for. This type of shit wouldn’t happen if more techs exercised the most powerful asset they have, denial of service. If that POS owner can get some other retard to work under those conditions, more power to them. Fuck that noise.

Why is the boss going to spend money on something they don’t use, already works, and gets abused by the users anyway?

Because if you have to rig something up to work every time you use it, that’s a waste of time that you could’ve spent making the shop more money. It’s stepping over hundreds to pick up pennies, and over time those pennies the owner “thinks” they’ve saved by dumping 1/2 quart of tranny fluid into the tranny jack every other is completely offset by the countless HOURS employees have wasted rigging/fucking with it.

Your point about they don’t use it so they don’t care is spot on. But no other word for it than stupidity. And as far as the “it already works” bullshit, you seem exactly like the type who’d spend 10 minutes fucking with something each time just to make it work rather than save the time and aggravation by buying something that works as it should.

I will concede that shop tools are in fact the most abused tools because of the “it’s not mine, not my problem” mentality. What I’m saying is that’s wrong as well as the boss who shares your idea of “I don’t use it, it’s not my problem, long as the work gets done”. Both are fucking retarded.

How many hours do you sit around thinking these questions up

I think about shit like this a lot because I try to justify to myself WHY I behave/think the way I do and to get others to question their own thoughts and beliefs about the way they act/think.

I frankly don’t think most people can justify most things they do, even to themselves. Too many are caught up in the attitude of “I can do things my way and I don’t have to explain myself to anyone”. Very true, but if you can’t even explain it to yourself in your own head you obviously don’t think about what you’re doing enough/questioning and examining yourself.

Top Back Refresh