What's new

Beadlocks with largest backspacing

I know KMC used to make the Enduro in a deep BSing but they are discontinued. I wonder what replaced them?

Might be worth trying out Stazworks. Relatively inexpensive custom double beadlocks.
2059392_1.jpg

there is nothing about that car that is relevant in the current offroad environment.

As a 4400 podium contender, sure. Is your comment directed towards the wheels and their applicability to 2BigBronco's recreational wheeler?

These are on sale all the time. 15% off if I recall correctly. Also, the shop in San Luis Obispo is always running a deal on the holidays.
I believe a person can get up to 20% off them via the ONX partner program...

As a 4400 podium contender, sure. Is your comment directed towards the wheels and their applicability to 2BigBronco's recreational wheeler?

the options of parts available now are all light years ahead of what is on that bronco, including the wheels.

I still think having OMF or Champion beadlock a set of aftermarket wheels is going to be his best bet to get something functional without being butt ass fugly. Those high offset bead grip Methods are cheap enough that adding beadlocks to them won't break the bank and you get the added bonus of the inner bead grip feature.

I run 4 Method bead grip wheels on my short course SxS and have never had a problem with the tires trying to peel off the beads, even running 10psi in the rears and sliding the car around like Ken Block in one of his videos. Tried that with the stock wheels once and promptly pushed half the bead off one of the rear tires. I'm sold on those bead grip wheels. :smokin:

Last edited:
I still think having OMF or Champion beadlock a set of aftermarket wheels is going to be his best bet to get something functional without being butt ass fugly. Those high offset bead grip Methods are cheap enough that adding beadlocks to them won't break the bank and you get the added bonus of the inner bead grip feature.

I run 4 Method bead grip wheels on my short course SxS and have never had a problem with the tires trying to peel off the beads, even running 10psi in the rears and sliding the car around like Ken Block in one of his videos. Tried that with the stock wheels once and promptly pushed half the bead off one of the rear tires. I'm sold on those bead grip wheels. :smokin:

Yeah, maybe I should try to find some nice looking stock toyota or chevy wheels.... I supose the factory bronco beadlocks are an option also but I hate the look and they only have 12 bolts or something.

WTF do you think a replacement bead lock ring costs from any of the aftermarket wheel manufactures???

Do you already have a set of the stock Bronco wheels to put rings on or did yours come with steelies?

I sold my stockers but my friend has the "beadlock capable" wheels from his sitting in his garage.

No idea what the rings cost, ive never looked. Always took the free raceline handmedowns when they were all rashed up.

IIRC when OX1 bought his, they said the deepest they could go was 5" of backspace on a 17x9.

That may well be the case, I was thinking of the ones Fred Williams had on his "Fun Buggy" that looked pretty deep. He was/is running Axle Tech portals on it, so I am sure he was after deep backspacing.

23c9b3b0-571f-3e3e-81e3-a8c65c799d71.jpg

That may well be the case, I was thinking of the ones Fred Williams had on his "Fun Buggy" that looked pretty deep. He was/is running Axle Tech portals on it, so I am sure he was after deep backspacing.

23c9b3b0-571f-3e3e-81e3-a8c65c799d71.jpg

Didn’t he have something with 6”+ backspacing on the army truck?

Didn’t he have something with 6”+ backspacing on the army truck?
He had some aluminum beadlocks on the AAT. He swapped the statsworks wheels onto the AAT before he sold it. The aluminum wheels are on the FB now.

Attachments

• IMG_8502.jpeg
    IMG_8502.jpeg
    240.9 KB · Views: 14
Top Back Refresh