What's new

Beadlock wheels out there?

The Ojos are only available in 5 and 6 lug. 8 lug is custom ordered.

I found the Manx bead locks on autoplicity and bb wheels, Car ID..

Last edited:
I like that style even better

What website is everyone ordering visions from? I haven't found a really great place yet? They offer a lot of options and most places are pretty confusing.
Summit Racing.

little review of my sidetracked forged rim

love the rim, the style but hate the ring. it is hot garbage that cant handle abuse a little bit at all. too many little voids that catch rocks like it is its job...

still love the rims just dis like this one ring.
1712842033476.png

mounted on right front
1712842061053.png

3 days of wheeling at RMR
1712842096405.png

1712842120873.png

1712842138476.png

and this is the other ring that comes with this one
1712842215252.png

here it is after a year of abuse. and pic taken after RMR yesterday
1712842283274.png

Yeah, that ring design sux. Looks cool...just not practical for rock rash.

Last edited:
Yeah, that ring design sux. Looks cool...just not practical for rock rash.
I’ve never under stood ring designs like these ..seems like a bunch of extra machining cost with no upside. Looks like them bolts are next to be destroyed.

love the rim, the style but hate the ring. it is hot garbage that cant handle abuse a little bit at all. too many little voids that catch rocks like it is its job...

ounted on right front

ere it is after a year of abuse. and pic taken after RMR yesterday

So you have both sets of wheels?

I guess the issue is the "fancy" rings have much less surface area and just get ground down easier?

1712842033476.png

mounted on right front
1712842061053.png

1712842096405.png

1712842120873.png

1712842138476.png

1712842215252.png

1712842283274.png
That first ring design is dumb. The 2nd looks like it's breaking in nicely.

I’ve never under stood ring designs like these ..seems like a bunch of extra machining cost with no upside. Looks like them bolts are next to be destroyed.
I think they are selling to people who won't actually use them in the rocks. I'm not a fan of socket head for this application either....unless you want a somewhat centered drill point for when they inevitably get smeared over.

1712842033476.png

mounted on right front
1712842061053.png

1712842096405.png

1712842120873.png

1712842138476.png

1712842215252.png

1712842283274.png
Looks like you'll be ordering the replacement rings soon. They need to offer a choice of ring since they offer the solid replacement rings. And those are a good price point too.

Looks like you'll be ordering the replacement rings soon. They need to offer a choice of ring since they offer the solid replacement rings. And those are a good price point too.
i did get an email back and it sounds like he is going to start to offer the solid rings now. :beer:

Got a smokin deal on some 37R15 Toyos that were on steel beadlocks. Ordered the Vision Ojos instead of dealing with leaky steel wheels. Fingers crossed they’re a good wheel in a 15.

Attachments

• IMG_9222.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 4
I bought a set of those 17" sidetracked TDs as well. I ordered them with the titanium finish. I'm thinking they are just spray painted or something. Just looking at them scratches them. I scratched/chipped the paint right off just pulling the valve stem into it, also dropped a bolt while installing the rings and it scratched it down to bare metal in a couple different places. I know, its gonna get scratched up, but thought that was a little pathetic. I left the other wheels in the boxes till the jalopy is ready to go, so maybe it'll make it out of the shop before the other wheels look used.

I bought a set of those 17" sidetracked TDs as well. I ordered them with the titanium finish. I'm thinking they are just spray painted or something. Just looking at them scratches them. I scratched/chipped the paint right off just pulling the valve stem into it, also dropped a bolt while installing the rings and it scratched it down to bare metal in a couple different places. I know, its gonna get scratched up, but thought that was a little pathetic. I left the other wheels in the boxes till the jalopy is ready to go, so maybe it'll make it out of the shop before the other wheels look used.
Well that sucks to hear. I was interested in the titanium too. Guess I'll either go with the methods or get bare and powdercoat them.

My next wheels will be powder coated except for the rings. My KMCs are really old but they don't clean up anymore. I pulled them, cleaned and polished a few years ago and they looked okay for a few trips. Whatever is in the water around here etches into aluminum.

Just mounted up a set of Vision Ojos. As said above, dirt cheap and pretty impressive.

417396853_7163049067123146_6856910053461365885_n.jpg

417507831_7163047260456660_3298127542273259447_n.jpg

These holding pressure okay? I’m about to mount mine up and wondering if I need to put some sealant on the bead.

These holding pressure okay? I’m about to mount mine up and wondering if I need to put some sealant on the bead.
I was planning to do a wrap or two of tape on the inner, but after seeing the lip I decided to just see what happened on mounting. Three tires popped on at 25 and one at 22 psi, kinda glad I didn't tape them. I've only had them out one trip but set them at 3psi and didn't burp once all day.

I was planning to do a wrap or two of tape on the inner, but after seeing the lip I decided to just see what happened on mounting. Three tires popped on at 25 and one at 22 psi, kinda glad I didn't tape them. I've only had them out one trip but set them at 3psi and didn't burp once all day.
Awesome. I mounted mine last night and thought the exact same thing. Plenty of ridge on the inner bead and being only 8in wide with 14.5’s I’m not to worried about them loosing seal.

Out of curiosity...with a normal inner bead...how many wraps of gorilla tape are you guys typically using; 1-2 or more?

Out of curiosity...with a normal inner bead...how many wraps of gorilla tape are you guys typically using; 1-2 or more?
when i did mine last year i did 3 and that shit was crazy getting the inner bead to pop on. i think it too65 psi on a 40 inch sxii scary for sure

Top Back Refresh