What's new

Beadlock wheels out there?

They list them different for different patterns.

The 8 lug are 4.5 or 4.25 and the 5 and 6 lug seem closer to 3.5 for whatever reason

Probably because when he started he was catering to suzuki and toyota people who always run wheel spacers and want the least back spacing

Got my forged Sidetracked wheels today. The quality is great just like the cast version. I can't say for sure if they are much lighter but the don't seem overly heavy. The titanium finish is bitchen.:smokin:
20230915_125658.jpg
20230915_121337.jpg
20230915_121337.jpg

Goddammit, now I want treps and titanium sidetracked wheels :flipoff2:

2big bronco maybe hit them up.and see if they would be interested in working with you to develop some 6"+ bs wheels for the portals. Could be a hot market here pretty quick. Could maybe make 1 blank thay will work with the Bronco, jeep and toyotas. Then only 2 different patterns to cut in.

Goddammit, now I want treps and titanium sidetracked wheels :flipoff2:

2big bronco maybe hit them up.and see if they would be interested in working with you to develop some 6"+ bs wheels for the portals. Could be a hot market here pretty quick. Could maybe make 1 blank thay will work with the Bronco, jeep and toyotas. Then only 2 different patterns to cut in.
I thought about that but last year when I was discussing 20" rims they said it was easy but was a 200 rim order that had to be paid for upfront.

I thought about that but last year when I was discussing 20" rims they said it was easy but was a 200 rim order that had to be paid for upfront.

They want you to order 200 rims?

So that's 40 rigs if all want spares. Pony up :flipoff2:

I was more thinking they might be interested in cornering the market, and you would be helping them by having a test rig. Maybe it's ig marketing, but the portal stuff seems to be really growing on the newer jeeps, broncos and toyotas.

They want you to order 200 rims?

So that's 40 rigs if all want spares. Pony up :flipoff2:

I was more thinking they might be interested in cornering the market, and you would be helping them by having a test rig. Maybe it's ig marketing, but the portal stuff seems to be really growing on the newer jeeps, broncos and toyotas.
Agreed. But the problem being is thay he is a 1 man show working and shipping out of his garage and its a huge chunk of change to come up with. Still might be worth reaching out.

Got my forged Sidetracked wheels today. The quality is great just like the cast version. I can't say for sure if they are much lighter but the don't seem overly heavy. The titanium finish is bitchen.:smokin:
20230915_125658.jpg
20230915_121337.jpg
20230915_121337.jpg
They are sick looking!
Only thing i don't like is that the beadlock ring isn't smooth... looks like it will look real chewed up as soon as you drag it across a rock a few times... luckily the treps have a rather large wheel saver

is one hole on the wheel bolt pattern smaller than the rest?

Those look amazing.

Dont suppose you happened to weigh the wheels by themselves?

I also wonder if the beadlock ring is the same bolt pattern between the cast vs forged so you can swap them for the more basic ring?

Looks like just under 40#. I held a ring up to one of the cast ones on my k5 and they look like they may be slightly off. I don't see why they would be though since the design is the same. I may pull a wheel off the blazer and try one. The ti rings would look killer on the raw wheel.
20230918_194322.jpg

so i just wanted to say my sidetracked beadlocks kick ass this year. i dont pinch the tire between the bead lock ring and rim like my old steel one because these things are stupid thick. i just rub on the ring. i have about 5 solid trips one being 5 days at AOP and they just take a beating. i can get some close ups tonight especially of the passenger side because that side takes a beating.

so i just wanted to say my sidetracked beadlocks kick ass this year. i dont pinch the tire between the bead lock ring and rim like my old steel one because these things are stupid thick. i just rub on the ring. i have about 5 solid trips one being 5 days at AOP and they just take a beating. i can get some close ups tonight especially of the passenger side because that side takes a beating.
Same here, been beating on the sidetrack beadlocks and zero complaints. 2psi and the inner bead has stayed on and never burped.
Rings take a beating.

Attachments

• IMG_9096.jpeg
    IMG_9096.jpeg
    529.9 KB · Views: 41
Same here, been beating on the sidetrack beadlocks and zero complaints. 2psi and the inner bead has stayed on and never burped.
Rings take a beating.
Thats with 43" SX stickies and nothing done to the inner bead of the wheel? No duct tape trick or anything?

I wouldn't recommend this bullshit.......

20240109_192658.jpg

20240109_192707.jpg

Who wants like 20 potential air leaks and to snap the shanks off all that hardware inside the wheel when the tire does go flat? This is an even dumber idea than those BAD wheels were. :lmao:

Last edited:
What cracks me up is that's just a fancy version of the drill screw trick from years ago. :laughing:

Also, most radial tires these days don't really need beadlocks. Ive wheeled our little 4runner for the last 8 years at 2-3 psi in the snow and never blown a bead. That's with 3 different tires, all on stock 4runner wheels.

I usually run about 12 in rocks and only blown 1 bead when a 3" diameter log caught the tire at an angle and pushed the bead off as I drive forward.

The big advantages of beadlocks is having a tougher and replaceable outter ring and also not getting shit wedged between the tire and wheel. Niether of which those or those bead grip methods accomplish.

I wouldn't recommend this bullshit.......

20240109_192658.jpg

20240109_192707.jpg

Who wants like 20 potential air leaks and to snap the shanks off all that hardware inside the wheel when the tire does go flat? This is an even dumber idea than those BAD wheels were. :lmao:
I think it would be a decent option to do yourself with an old set of alluminum wheels

I think it would be a decent option to do yourself with an old set of alluminum wheels

There was a trend like 15 years ago where guys were using fine thread drill screws (self tapers) on steel and aluminum wheels.

We did them on my buddies wheels. He was running 33 baja claws. They were loose fitting, would burp and spin on the wheels like tsl's. Those screws prevented beads blowing, but not the tires spinning on the wheels at low pressure and just created more leaks. Long story short those tires basically got destroyed by from the screws chewing up the beads.

I think I remember Corey Young saying he made some wheels for his 54s that had the same idea but with fine thread bolts.

Top Back Refresh