What's new

Are we still doing the Covid-19 thing?

Still have signs all over, about 75% of the cars I work on have dirty masks hanging all over the inside (Along with used kleenex packed into every fucking crevice). I don't wear one unless I absolutely have to to enter a business. If I get harassed about it I'll leave without a fuss but I also don't go back to those places. I don't get many dirty looks that I notice, but I also don't pay much attention to it because I don't fuckin' care. Pretty sure since governor dumbfuck put out his mask order I've worn one 3-4 times total.

Last time I went to the grocery store I saw what I'm assuming was a Biden voter (Half shaved head, blue hair on the rest) walk in with a mask on, but no god damn shoes on. If you're really worried about your health, walking through the Auburn Safeway parking lot barefoot is not the best strategy.

Our county has fines up to $500. First offence $100, Second, $200, anything after that is $500 and it can be prosecuted as a misdemeanor if our DA so chooses.

3rd offence was 1500 if i remember correctly, or somewhere around there.

Yeah nose swab. Some request the anal swab tho. :flipoff2:

my question lately has been, if it's so deadly contagious, why is the testing so invasive? why couldn't you wear a mask around for a day and give that to them for testing? i mean hell, every test for a virus I've ever heard of only did a cheek swab :confused:

my question lately has been, if it's so deadly contagious, why is the testing so invasive? why couldn't you wear a mask around for a day and give that to them for testing? i mean hell, every test for a virus I've ever heard of only did a cheek swab :confused:

Because they figured out that the virus initially colonizes the part of your sinus where they swab. It's not the most comfortable spot to check but it's a good spot to find it if you have it.

That said they have been rolling out a saliva test recently that seems pretty effective. Just spit in a cup and off it goes to the lab.

Because they figured out that the virus initially colonizes the part of your sinus where they swab. It's not the most comfortable spot to check but it's a good spot to find it if you have it.

That said they have been rolling out a saliva test recently that seems pretty effective. Just spit in a cup and off it goes to the lab.

This. When this first dropped into our laps one of the docs my Mrs. works with recommended using a neti pot or other nasal passage/sinus wash twice a day to keep it from grabbing ahold in your airways.

Uh yeah, but it's so contagious, and the mask captures the virus for our safety, why not just pull a swab from that and culture it instead of shoving an 8" long q tip up a child's nose? It could've been done this way from the start since it's so contagious. Telling me the best way to get a sample is from way up in your nasal cavity is nonsense unless it isn't very contagious or communicable. See what I'm getting at?

Uh yeah, but it's so contagious, and the mask captures the virus for our safety, why not just pull a swab from that and culture it instead of shoving an 8" long q tip up a child's nose? It could've been done this way from the start since it's so contagious. Telling me the best way to get a sample is from way up in your nasal cavity is nonsense unless it isn't very contagious or communicable. See what I'm getting at?

if you'd like to take that road cool. It's so contagious, so we shove the swab all the way up a person's nose so we know the virus was from them and not someone in the waiting room.

...this is bullshit of course, but I wanted to satisfy your logic.

if you'd like to take that road cool. It's so contagious, so we shove the swab all the way up a person's nose so we know the virus was from them and not someone in the waiting room.

...this is bullshit of course, but I wanted to satisfy your logic.

what I'm getting at is that it didn't have to be so invasive. it could be a swab from your cheek, but it's not, it's incredibly uncomfortable and imo keeping people from getting tested. so, why, if it's coming out my mouth and causing others so much harm, can't a cheek swab satisfy the amount of virus needed for the culture? it's incredibly contagious, but isn't airborne. It's so contagious that if i breathe on someone they get it:rolleyes:Yet you can't get a cheek swab tested accurately because there might not be enough virus to register on the test? Sounds fishy to me

what I'm getting at is that it didn't have to be so invasive. it could be a swab from your cheek, but it's not, it's incredibly uncomfortable and imo keeping people from getting tested. so, why, if it's coming out my mouth and causing others so much harm, can't a cheek swab satisfy the amount of virus needed for the culture? it's incredibly contagious, but isn't airborne. It's so contagious that if i breathe on someone they get it:rolleyes:Yet you can't get a cheek swab tested accurately because there might not be enough virus to register on the test? Sounds fishy to me

Not a doctor and I always love a good conspiracy theory(no offence intended), but I suspect the reason why they to the nasal swab is because on the off chance you just got freshly infected and haven't started generating tons of little spiky covids to expel into the world yet, they are most likely to get some from there.

Or yeah, maybe we're being messing with. but if it is a grand conspiracy, who can you trust? I saw a picture of Trump wearing a mask the other day. Does that mean he's in on it? Or that his side has already lost?

2020-09-24 14_36_18-Trump jeered as he visits Ginsburg's casket at U.S. Supreme Court _ Reuters.png

If covid was infecting cheek cells right away you would be right, but so far it appears this isn't the case.

it's in the water droplets coming out of my mouth so they say. that is the reason for a mask:rolleyes:Therefor, if there's a very highly contagious virus in water droplets from my mouth, so much so that it is able to make others within close proximity to me to also be infected, then they should easily be able to detect the virus from a cheek swab. that is my point. no conspiracy theory. This is an actual real question.
If you have no symptoms, why are you getting tested? unless of course if you work in an environment where spreading it to others might be a huge health risk. obviously i get that. So if you have symptoms, and get tested, there's no need to go up inside your cranium to get a sample. There will be plenty of virus in the water droplets in my mouth to get a culture to grow. Especially considering how incredibly contagious it is...

Still doing the Corona thing in ca full force.

Aint stopped snowflake 'ing since feb....
"we are skeert" must comply with big brothers social experiment!
We have no time for civil war (we gots no gunz)!

Bawhaha fukkin haw.

The prk won't revolt unless nancy says so...

it's in the water droplets coming out of my mouth so they say. that is the reason for a mask:rolleyes:Therefor, if there's a very highly contagious virus in water droplets from my mouth, so much so that it is able to make others within close proximity to me to also be infected, then they should easily be able to detect the virus from a cheek swab. that is my point. no conspiracy theory. This is an actual real question.
If you have no symptoms, why are you getting tested? unless of course if you work in an environment where spreading it to others might be a huge health risk. obviously i get that. So if you have symptoms, and get tested, there's no need to go up inside your cranium to get a sample. There will be plenty of virus in the water droplets in my mouth to get a culture to grow. Especially considering how incredibly contagious it is...

From what I have read, once your infected, it doesn't start producing the max amount of germs right away. It has to ramp up like anything else. The first place covid builds up is in your lungs, throat, and nasal cavity. So swabbing the nasal cavity is supposedly the best way to make sure you catch infections in even the early stages.

From what I have read, once your infected, it doesn't start producing the max amount of germs right away. It has to ramp up like anything else. The first place covid builds up is in your lungs, throat, and nasal cavity. So swabbing the nasal cavity is supposedly the best way to make sure you catch infections in even the early stages.

I guess I'm more thinking of people that actually have symptoms needing testing. Sure the rna/dna testing can detect it earlier, but is known to be wrong 1/5 of the time. It also gives you results faster, which is good, unless it is wrong. A cheek swab would rule out false positives a little better, but you sacrifice time. I would think instead of visually diagnosing anybody, and letting it stick, they could visually diagnose with a sample taken for culture growth to confirm infection. This would also work for people dying from it, after their death the mucus would still be testable, and culture growth could be used to be sure putting covid 19 on the death cert is justifiable.
Anyway, just asking the questions that i know none of you can really answer about motives behind allowing certain methods to diagnose, but not doing actual testing to be 100% certain they were diagnosed correctly.
This would also help with getting a better idea on how contagious it really is, or could be. A cheek swab should tell them how easily the small amount they collect can attach and grow on new cells.

I guess I'm more thinking of people that actually have symptoms needing testing. Sure the rna/dna testing can detect it earlier, but is known to be wrong 1/5 of the time. It also gives you results faster, which is good, unless it is wrong. A cheek swab would rule out false positives a little better, but you sacrifice time. I would think instead of visually diagnosing anybody, and letting it stick, they could visually diagnose with a sample taken for culture growth to confirm infection. This would also work for people dying from it, after their death the mucus would still be testable, and culture growth could be used to be sure putting covid 19 on the death cert is justifiable.
Anyway, just asking the questions that i know none of you can really answer about motives behind allowing certain methods to diagnose, but not doing actual testing to be 100% certain they were diagnosed correctly.
This would also help with getting a better idea on how contagious it really is, or could be. A cheek swab should tell them how easily the small amount they collect can attach and grow on new cells.

Because I work in government, use Hanlon's razor a lot:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

My parents were tested on Monday and dad’s test came back positive. Mom’s still isn’t back but she is worse than my dad and had to go to the ER today. They both were around the kids and me on Saturday. :homer:

The heaping pile of calf shit known as gov. Tony Evers extended Wisconsins mask mandate another 60 days. I haven't been forced to wear one yet. Work hooked a temp scanner to the time clock but it doesn't work. People are either giving up and wearing masks or getting fed up and not.

Definitely a question to be asked. It brings the suck every time. It’s not one of those things you get used to.

My parents were tested on Monday and dad’s test came back positive. Mom’s still isn’t back but she is worse than my dad and had to go to the ER today. They both were around the kids and me on Saturday. :homer:

Sorry to hear. Take vitamins d and zinc. Kids seem bulletproof to it. Hope your folks kick it. Grandma got sick back in November and it lingered for two months. She's 76 an not healthy. How old are your folks? They fit?

Its quickly becoming not a thing. Walked into half a dozen business today with my bandana around my neck. No one said a damn thing, no one cared and business as usual.

A couple of those business had the mandated sign, none of their employees were wearing a mask (welding supply and electric repair).

Aren't we doing Trump is a Nazi again, or is that scheduled for late October.......I forget.

Like Back to the Future with this shit.

Sorry to hear. Take vitamins d and zinc. Kids seem bulletproof to it. Hope your folks kick it. Grandma got sick back in November and it lingered for two months. She's 76 an not healthy. How old are your folks? They fit?

Thanks. We’ve been hitting the vitamin c, d and zinc. My parents are early 60s. They are not the fittest and my mom has lots of medical issues after having colon cancer at 50.

It's still going strong here. They are worried the college kids will cause a massive spike and have to shut down the schools which would really hurt the local economy so masks are mandated everywhere inside and out.

In national news they are saying the virus is now smart enough to beat the mask.
https://nypost.com/2020/09/24/covid-...d-washing/amp/

A new COVID-19 mutation appears to be even more contagious, according to a study — and experts say it could be a response by the virus to defeat masks and other social-distancing efforts.

Scientists in a paper published Wednesday identified a new strain of the virus, which accounted for 99.9 percent of cases during the second wave in the Houston, Texas, area, the Washington Post reported.

The paper, which has not been peer-reviewed, said people with the strain, known as the D614G mutation, had higher loads of virus — suggesting it is more contagious.

Though the strain isn’t more deadly, researchers said it appeared to have adapted better to spread among humans.

David Morens, a virologist at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said the findings suggest that the virus may become more contagious and that this “may have implications for our ability to control it.”

I love how they believe they can control a virus.... so naive the big brains of our society can be.

I find it fascinating that in all the research I've done on viruses, this one seems to contradict everything science knows about viruses. :homer:

For most viruses that can be transmitted through saliva or droplets, the infectious stages are only when symptoms show up in the host. Now apparently COVID-19 is one, if not the only, virus that spreads asymptomatically?

I watched Rand Paul confronting Fauci this morning (not sure when it was recorded, it just said NEW on YouTube). Fauci scoffed at the idea that New York City had reached herd immunity and that's why the numbers are so low right now. Funny thing is, all the states that were near the top of the list in the U.S. are now dropping, and it seemed to work from east to west, not west to east. California I think is the exception, because of their strict lock downs for what, 3 months? They're going to take longer to get over this.

Pennsylvania has reported 500-1,600 infected, every single day, since the onset of this. Though the mortality rate has DRASTICALLY decreased. For some reason this is just completely overlooked.

Top Back Refresh