What's new

Anyone running Starlink internet yet?

I'm still on the wait list for star link.....but...we now have 5g service...I had Verizon broadband 4g lte...was about 15mb download.?..switched to at and t for 62.00 month and got up to 24 mbs when it was not slowed down due to traffic...just switched to t-mobile 5g for 50.00 month unlimited and now have 51 mb down and 4.5mb upload....and its half of what star link is going to cost

Literally just got an email. It was supposed to roll out in our area by the end of this year, so I expected it to be confirming that we were good to go and equipment was on the way.

NOPE.

Delayed until mid-2022. I just processed a refund on my deposit. Fuck that.

I got the same email. Currently at Verizon getting a hotspot to get me by until they get it figured out.
Letting them keep my money to keep my spot.

Literally just got an email. It was supposed to roll out in our area by the end of this year, so I expected it to be confirming that we were good to go and equipment was on the way.

NOPE.

Delayed until mid-2022. I just processed a refund on my deposit. Fuck that.
Me too, I’m still going to wait on it, I just hope it becomes available before my current isp and only option goes out of business. It’s obvious they aren’t putting any money into their network. Every time it goes out I wonder if it will actually come back up.

damn, mine now says April 2022

I was really hoping to not go through another winter without high speed internet.

This sucks!

Just noped out as well, spacex has A LOT of incompetent people collecting a paycheck.

Mine initially said mid-late 2021, I ordered in May. Now it says late 2022. No reason for them to keep my $99.

I just got the email today that mine is shipping beginning of December of this year.:flipoff2:

It did mention the chip and supply shortages for being a reason for delays and apologized for the delays.

My email just came in a second ago; delayed from late 2021 to apr 2022. staying the course since The Only other option at this property is the pricey 3mbps DSL currently serving it.

Just got an update on mine that it should be available this December, western CO

Just to be fair, my only other option was Hughes net, and everyone I’ve talked to said fuck those guys. So Im looking forward to 100mbs down unlimited for $100/month

fuck hughes net lying scum

X's all the x's :mad3:

Not only does their shit suck, they milk the absolute fuck out of data. My wife was finishing her BS degree when covid hit. She kept having to buy more data.....to the tune of $500/mo :eek:

They also are the absolute worst to deal with. The house we were renting in CA was from a buddy. They were fine with transferring the account from his name to my name. For whatever reason when we moved out they said the could not transfer it from him to us. Cancelation would have made him have to turn in the equipment and buy new stuff. My wife spent hours on the phone arguing with them and finally found someone with 2 braincells to rub together and got it transferred.

Some fucking how, they sent us not 1, but 2 bills to our house 900 miles away. It literally had my buddies address and name as the service location and our address in ID for billing. How they even got our ID address I have no idea. I had to call and argue with them for quite some time to get this fixed.

I will use literally anything before I would sign up for them again.

Last edited:
damn, mine now says April 2022

I was really hoping to not go through another winter without high speed internet.

This sucks!
Same thing happened to my neighbor. Just moved back.

If they removed the geo lock i wonder if you could put an address that is currently being served where you know someone and then just move the dish?

At lest you guys get months. Mine went from mid-late 2021 to mid 22.
Yep. Same. That's why I just said fuck it and requested a refund. I don't like the idea of you holding $100 from me to keep my spot in a line for over a year. That wasn't the original deal. Hit me up when you're actually ready to go.

If they removed the geo lock i wonder if you could put an address that is currently being served where you know someone and then just move the dish?
Doubtful. Usually you have to put in a zip code or location when setting up a 2 way satellite.

Last Feb pre-ordered 2. One for home, where we have zero options other than Sat or spotty LTE. One for our summer campground that was Sat only until we got a 2mb local WISP option this year.

Of course campground one came first in June. It's amazingly fast, simple, and cheap.

Home one, which we could really use, is delayed again until early next year.

Those 2 locations are less than 40 miles apart as the crow flies. After we closed camp for the year, I tried the dishy at home. No joy.

Internet said we could move our location and try, but we'd lose our original slot, so I'm not willing to risk it.

Who cares about the $99? Ya'll must have some decent options already.

I just got the email too, now have to wait until mid 2022. Sucks because I can only get a smart hub (LTE) at my place and average 6mb or less

The reason for the geo lock currently is that the satallites "dishy" connects to, as of right now, each need a downlink to a basestation. That's why they're locked, not all the satallites have downlinks to a basestation.

In the future, the satallites will (should) be linked to each other and the need for individual downlinks and basestations will (should) be gone.

Building out each basestation is also a cause of some of the delays.

The reason for the geo lock currently is that the satallites "dishy" connects to, as of right now, each need a downlink to a basestation. That's why they're locked, not all the satallites have downlinks to a basestation. (Because said basestation may not exist yet)

In the future, the satallites will (should) be linked to each other and the need for individual downlinks and basestations will (should)be gone.

Damnit Wheelerfreak . Fine. Since the deposit is refundable I signed up.

" Starlink is currently at capacity in your area, so your order may not be fulfilled until 2023 or later. " 😟

Top Back Refresh