What's new

Anyone haul a big SxS and a jeep on the same 20 foot trailer?

Just using OAL specs from the net, I need 25 feet. Subtract the overhang on each end, 23? Feet.

Trailer deck is 18 feet. I like this trailer and will keep it. I wonder if I need another trailer, 25 or 27 feet.
The answer is always yes, you need another trailer.

The answer is always yes, you need another trailer.
Ain't that the truth!

Just get a short gooseneck for the XJ/F150 combo and then pull the KRX on the 18' trailer behind the gooseneck. Should spread the load out enough and gets everything where you want it to go.

For the E350, could you put it on the roof?? :lmao:

Reactions: DMG
Was it ScottRS who had some sort of extending trailer? It was like an 18' but the front entended like 6' and then it had little pull out tails that gained some more.

Might of been his brother?

Either way it was sweet, and I've always wanted to do something similar since :laughing:

Was it ScottRS who had some sort of extending trailer? It was like an 18' but the front entended like 6' and then it had little pull out tails that gained some more.

Either way it was sweet, and I've always wanted to do something similar since :laughing:
IMO the truck is the limiting factor not the trailer. A longer trailer would really help but with fixed axles on this one it's going to get into a physics lesson extended the loads past and before the axles.

IMO the truck is the limiting factor not the trailer. A longer trailer would really help but with fixed axles on this one it's going to get into a physics lesson extended the loads past and before the axles.

10-11k is too much for a truck that's rated for it in some trims. Fucking texans. :lmao:

If it's just the 2 rigs, Google says about 1900 and 3300, even say 6k lbs, plus trailer isn't bad at all. Probably very close to what my crawler weighs and our F150 pulls that great.

It would be easy to get into bdl territory though.

If it's just the 2 rigs, Google says about 1900 and 3300, even say 6k lbs, plus trailer isn't bad at all. Probably very close to what my crawler weighs and our F150 pulls that great.

It would be easy to get into bdl territory though.
It's not the weight it's the distance the weights would be a part. A conventional truck you would just overload the tongue, 3/4 ton truck don't care but f1shityy might.

If you could get them both on the trailer and see how it looks it might be good but the trailer better have a strong back .

That's my brother, and yeah, it was about an 18 or 20 footer that he made slideout extensions for with taillights and markers in them. Worked well but was super low for how long it was. He sold/traded it several years ago when he didn't need that much space. It only worked because his axles were pretty far back to start with, and it was a tandem 7k axle trailer to start with.

I've put two crawlers on mine (16+2 14k) but I stacked them to do it, first one went on backwards hanging as close to the tow rig as possible, next one on top of the first's front tires till nearly putting diff on hood. It's fun to tie down that way but if the trailer is sturdy enough and the two rigs well matched, can work. I can only see disaster trying that with the actual thread topic, I did it with two full size tube cars on 40+" tires. At least the loading of that will grossly overload the tow rig for tongue weight, and will probably be over on anything shy of a class 5 hitch when loaded too, worse if the two things aren't evenly weight matched. I was towing with a crew/longbed/dually at the time so not a worry there, but still not something I'd recommend to "just go for".

0fba089b52b07f4934d48aa399d1495e-4030487486.jpg

tenor-992054261.gif

:flipoff2:

At hidden falls over Thanksgiving there was a diy stacker, literally a 4 post lift mounted on a car hauler, for 2 SXS.

There was another aluminum stacker but it wasn't clear if it actually stacked or if you drove up ramps, winched etc.

But both of them where behind diesel pushers not f150's

At hidden falls over Thanksgiving there was a diy stacker, literally a 4 post lift mounted on a car hauler, for 2 SXS.

There was another aluminum stacker but it wasn't clear if it actually stacked or if you drove up ramps, winched etc.

But both of them where behind diesel pushers not f150's
I have a 1 ton van. But a 5.0/10 speed F150 with airbags should be ok too.

That's my brother, and yeah, it was about an 18 or 20 footer that he made slideout extensions for with taillights and markers in them. Worked well but was super low for how long it was. He sold/traded it several years ago when he didn't need that much space. It only worked because his axles were pretty far back to start with, and it was a tandem 7k axle trailer to start with.

I've put two crawlers on mine (16+2 14k) but I stacked them to do it, first one went on backwards hanging as close to the tow rig as possible, next one on top of the first's front tires till nearly putting diff on hood. It's fun to tie down that way but if the trailer is sturdy enough and the two rigs well matched, can work. I can only see disaster trying that with the actual thread topic, I did it with two full size tube cars on 40+" tires. At least the loading of that will grossly overload the tow rig for tongue weight, and will probably be over on anything shy of a class 5 hitch when loaded too, worse if the two things aren't evenly weight matched. I was towing with a crew/longbed/dually at the time so not a worry there, but still not something I'd recommend to "just go for".

Lots fancier than the dumptruck you used in 2000 :flipoff2:

I have a 1 ton van. But a 5.0/10 speed F150 with airbags should be ok too.
I just meant from a wind load/mass stand point for a stacker that high.

My dad always bitched about how light the 5.0/10spd f150 pulled his 21' bass boat, power not a problem just wind road conditions made the truck wander more than he would have liked.

images (100).jpeg

I've seen 2 car trailers, and I've seen a long flatbed -not a rollback- car hauler around where you pull the 1st lighter car on, then it flips ass up and you pull the next one on under it. Kinda like the white van above. It could be a lightweight solution to your problem. You'd probably add 600lbs building the rig

Another way would be to back the jeep on to the very front and use ramps and winch the sxs up onto the hood, or a beefed up custom bumper with a flat top for the purpose. Some roller tires on the front, ie 195/60r15s wouldn't hurt either.

Could you just build an A frame type thing on the front of the trailer to winch the sxs standing up? Or even some like 60* vertical ramps to winch itself up

Just run 2 sets of airbags.:homer:
I hauled my diesel Ranger crew on my truck bed. Only weighed maybe 2000lbs.
What's a 1/2 ton handle for weight these days? My 1 tons never had issues with 10-12,000lbs in the bed.

What's a 1/2 ton handle for weight these days? My 1 tons never had issues with 10-12,000lbs in the bed.
The way shit is rated these days it's probably rated for 1k and comfortable with 3k. :laughing:

How about something like this :

1705671990913.png

In order to make it simpler you could make the front deck solid instead of hydraulic and load the SXS from the front before hooking up.

This is exactly what I was talking about, my search terms came up with nuthin

How'd you find that pic?

A f150's complete payload amount is pretty embarrassing honestly if you play by the rules.
I think the max payload occupants + cargo+ tongue is 2300 and the minimum is a little over 1100 lbs

How about something like this :

1705671990913.png

In order to make it simpler you could make the front deck solid instead of hydraulic and load the SXS from the front before hooking up.
When I was originally designing my SXS deck I was gonna do a tilt over style like that inside my bed (50" SXS) to all the aero to be better and still close the tail gate for bumper towing.

In the end it wasn't worth it for me but it would be pretty easy to build on the sides of a cat hauler with a "U" shaped deck to allow it to auto tilt forward/rearward with the load of the SXS, no hydraulics etc needed.

Top Back Refresh