What's new

Ammo

Local Bass Pro (the granddaddy of them all) has been pretty well stocked the last few times I have been there. 45 ACP and lc, 9mm, 10mm, .40, 50 SW, 380, 38 spl, shit tons of 223, some 22, 22 mag, 450 bushmaster, picked up some herters 30 30 a couple months back for a decent price, bought tons of herters 9mm and some winchester too, 300 blackout, and a fair amount of other various rifle ammo. Shotgun shells are looking good too, trap, field 4s, 6s, 7.5 and 8s. Plenty of buck too.

Prices aren't great, but it has been good to see it on the shelves again.

Bought a bo

Back in 1990 bought 5 - 5 round boxes of turkey loads.
Used 3 rounds to pattern the mossburg 500.
Have shot 15 turkeys still have 7 rounds to use. Might break down a buy another box.
I still have boxes of turkey loads from back then as well but I haven’t been able to get away to hunt them like I used to.

Yes
I use my 30 30 for pa hunting deer season only.
Gun has been sighted in since 1988.
I have gone through 30 rounds since then.
I am 55 years old.
So this should last my lifetime.
I have 30 06 for bear hunting.
For pigs I have thousands of rounds of 300 blk out. 7.62 x 39 a 5.56. Not to mention 6 5 Grendel. 45 act 9mm 357 38

I think I'm good
I know. Just busting your chops.

I've stopped at a few different walmarts the past few weeks and they all had stacks of 308, seems im not the only one that aint paying over $1/round for m80 ball.

Yes
I am 55 years old.
For pigs I have thousands of rounds of 300 blk out. 7.62 x 39 a 5.56. Not to mention 6 5 Grendel. 45 act 9mm 357 38

I think I'm good
Cousin's husband was a paster in Canada for a while, he said it was a ritual at 16 a think for a boy to be given a .303 enfield bought at the local hardware store still wrapped in cosmoline treated paper and a 100 rounds of milsurp ammo. He said some of the old guys in their 70s still had over half that ammo even thought they got their moose every year

Yes
I am 55 years old.

I think I'm good
Why 300 black out for the hogs?

Why 300 black out for the hogs?
Why its the cool gotta have round these days. Every wannabe "gun guy" I know has been buying one but none of them can explain what it does better than any other round. Oh and 99% of those are in a ar15 pistol (dumbest thing ever) with no suppressor. I do know a few guys that have been shooting it unsuppressed for many many years as the .300 whisper for a deer cartridge, but thats in a bolt gun or single shot. Dont get me wrong buy what you like, I just find it amusing that people throw it out there like its some kind of badge of coolness.

Why its the cool gotta have round these days. Every wannabe "gun guy" I know has been buying one but none of them can explain what it does better than any other round. Oh and 99% of those are in a ar15 pistol (dumbest thing ever) with no suppressor. I do know a few guys that have been shooting it unsuppressed for many many years as the .300 whisper for a deer cartridge, but thats in a bolt gun or single shot. Dont get me wrong buy what you like, I just find it amusing that people throw it out there like its some kind of badge of coolness.
I kind of been finding the same thing, that people want it for the cool factor. It was designed as an easily suppressed round. If I were to do it it would be to have a .30 cal but be able to use my ar15 platform with minimal work.

4FED774F-948E-4575-A6EC-9B68A1E23843.jpeg
Scheels in Reno/Sparks had tons of bulk .223 (not sure why not 5.56?) and 9mm, just not at prices I was willing to pay.

Did find some Hornady 6cm match ammo that I haven’t been able to find in a while. Not cheep, but not too far out of line.

4FED774F-948E-4575-A6EC-9B68A1E23843.jpeg
Scheels in Reno/Sparks had tons of bulk .223 (not sure why not 5.56?) and 9mm, just not at prices I was willing to pay.

Did find some Hornady 6cm match ammo that I haven’t been able to find in a while. Not cheep, but not too far out of line.
Primers still $100/1,000?

You don't own one I take it :flipoff2:

Cheapest Ive found was $130/1000. Fucking ridiculous.
Second hand or from a store?

Roc Doc thanks. Saves me a 20 minute drive. You could check a few other gun shops in town. If you want to see STUPID HIGH prices check out Mark Force and Strike. If you need it they’ll have it and you’ll pay for it.

Roc Doc thanks. Saves me a 20 minute drive. You could check a few other gun shops in town. If you want to see STUPID HIGH prices check out Mark Force and Strike. If you need it they’ll have it and you’ll pay for it.
Gun store. I used to get a lot of reloading stuff there. I mentioned the price and he mumbled some crap about having to work really hard to get it in. I told to put it back on the shelf Id buy my supplies elsewhere and stop recomending his store.

See Tula is back to 6.95 for 7.62. About normal. I need to buy some.

What was Tula 9mm price normal? It's been so long I can't even remember. No one locally is even close to normal.

I still have 15k of small and large rifle primers, but wanted some match AR smalls to try in the 6ARC. Paid the stupid tax but at least I have them to go along with the rest

See Tula is back to 6.95 for 7.62. About normal. I need to buy some.

What was Tula 9mm price normal? It's been so long I can't even remember. No one locally is even close to normal.
18 cents on x39
12 cents on 9x19
those are "shipped to your door"
ETA: it has been like 5 years, though so those aren't "normal" any more

Steel cased .223 is 32 cents online.
I have never shot steel cased ammo, I have heard the Russian stuff was dirty and you need to clean more often but other than that in the words of Sargent Shultz " I know Nothing"

Top Back Refresh