What's new

Ammo

I have never shot steel cased ammo, I have heard the Russian stuff was dirty and you need to clean more often but other than that in the words of Sargent Shultz " I know Nothing"
you don't need to clean anything ever, long as its non-corrosive

(cue benchrest guys, copper solvent needed every 5 rounds)

One of the reasons I didn't run out and buy into the AR platform was war stories I heard from returning vets of the M-16 stopping up because of fowling from use

My ar cmmg upper, went 500 rounds of tula and probably 200 ish of brass over a couple of months before I had to start slamming it around to get the bolt to close.
Once it warmed up it was good, just clambering that first one caused issue.

One of the reasons I didn't run out and buy into the AR platform was war stories I heard from returning vets of the M-16 stopping up because of fowling from use
they'll run when caked in carbon poop
they start to misbehave and all it takes is to dunk the important end of the bcg in a light oil like atf and they keep on going

My ar cmmg upper, went 500 rounds of tula and probably 200 ish of brass over a couple of months before I had to start slamming it around to get the bolt to close.
Once it warmed up it was good, just clambering that first one caused issue.
hell, grease or even just heavy oil like 15w40 will do that in the winter up here with a totally clean AR
thinner the oil, the better

:eek:
My shitty DPMS has had over 4000 rounds of brass/steel cased shit ran through it. I’ve not cleaned it yet. It’s dirty but hasn’t given me any issues.

hell, grease or even just heavy oil like 15w40 will do that in the winter up here with a totally clean AR
thinner the oil, the better
036B16B8-53E8-4379-9C2F-AA053EFDA0A3.jpeg :flipoff2:

Saw this one a couple days ago. Never heard of 2awarehouse until then. Anyone have any info or experience with them?
I've ordered through them 2 or 3 times. Never an issue and prompt shipping. Got exactly what I ordered. I would not have a problem ordering through them again...and probably will.

Not in the stores I've gone in. I check it everywhere I go that has ammo just out of curiosity.

$0.32 a round

Last edited:

Read more grasshopper. My peeps said the same thing, over shots of JD and cheap draft pitchers. But it was bullshit Winchester ammo that fucked the ARs in Nam. Winchester Fucking threw in aged incorrect milsurp pwder into the 5.56 and fucked shit up. I wonder where Gary Kemp is right now ? Tried to introduce me into eating "kitty cat burritos" one rally fucked up Sat night. :usa::usa::usa:

They were jamming because of dirt and running them dry. Once uncle sam started sending cleaning kits and lube the jams went away.

They were jamming because of dirt and running them dry. Once uncle sam started sending cleaning kits and lube the jams went away.
first gulf war had them same issues, probably the second briefly as well. Fix was the same, clean and lube your gun.

first gulf war had them same issues, probably the second briefly as well. Fix was the same, clean and lube your gun.
Amazing isnt it? Who would have thought a clean and well lubricated machine would work better than a dirty dry one.

Read more grasshopper. My peeps said the same thing, over shots of JD and cheap draft pitchers. But it was bullshit Winchester ammo that fucked the ARs in Nam. Winchester Fucking threw in aged incorrect milsurp pwder into the 5.56 and fucked shit up. I wonder where Gary Kemp is right now ? Tried to introduce me into eating "kitty cat burritos" one rally fucked up Sat night. :usa::usa::usa:
The early M16's had a fuckton of problems, mostly driven by bean counters. They refused to use the chrome lined bore like Stoner designed for and the switch from stick to ball powder. There was a shit ton of bureaucracy involved wit h the Ordnance Corps.

...But it was bullshit Winchester ammo that fucked the ARs in Nam. Winchester Fucking threw in aged incorrect milsurp pwder into the 5.56 and fucked shit up.
The military didn't properly train soldiers w/shooting, so being in combat & stuck in ambush/whatever, them boys took to a "Spray and Pray" technique which wasted a lot of ammo. Of course, shortcuts were made to get bullets to the front.

They were jamming because of dirt and running them dry.
I heard that the soldiers pissed in the chamber to get them going-

Top Back Refresh