What's new

Ammo

I paid .60/round for some 7.62x39 today. Not happy about it, but it was there.

Favorite recipe?
I know you wasn't talking to me, but I'm shooting 77g SMK's with 24.8g of Power Pro Varmint and out of a 24" bull barrel, I'm getting a trued fps of 2818, and it shoots dimes.

20150725_111622.jpg

Natchez shooters supplies has powder and primers in stock.

Fucking finally.
I bought 5k AR gold medal match primers for $450, plus tax, haz and shipping it came out to $512, and that's about twice what I paid in 2019, but I don't think prices are ever going back to those levels, and now I have them.

While shopping at Academy yesterday...for the first time in a long time...they actually had several options of .308 on the shelf.

As the post above mentions - overpaid for it - but now I've at least got them.

Are prices coming down? Supply increasing? Vaccine mandate going to empty the shelves (again)?

While shopping at Academy yesterday...for the first time in a long time...they actually had several options of .308 on the shelf.

Are prices coming down? Supply increasing? Vaccine mandate going to empty the shelves (again)?
I'm seeing 9mm in the .35 to .38 range. The one round I've still not seen on shelves is the 30-30.

I'm seeing 9mm in the .35 to .38 range. The one round I've still not seen on shelves is the 30-30.
30-30 has been really scarce. I did manage to find some at Cabela's on-line, so I snagged as much as I could.

Same. That’s the majority of what our academy has. They have some 300 win mag, 450 bushmasters, and 223 also.

Couple days ago my mom handed me a beat to shit winchester box and said my brother found it in his driveway shortly after he moved in, finally remembered to get it to me.
So the question is, is owning 19 rds of 30 30 a good enough reason to buy a 30 30? :homer:

30-30 has been really scarce. I did manage to find some at Cabela's on-line, so I snagged as much as I could.
Couple days ago my mom handed me a beat to shit winchester box and said my brother found it in his driveway shortly after he moved in, finally remembered to get it to me.
So the question is, is owning 19 rds of 30 30 a good enough reason to buy a 30 30? :homer:
Maybe you could make a deal

They've been going for $3 a round on gun broker.

I have a bunch of bulk 7.62x51 FMJ I need to bump. PMC and other brands

Buddy of mine from Illinois brought me 5 boxes of 30-30
Have a life time supply
5 boxes is a lifetime supply? Before the scamdemic I was running through a minimum of 1500 rounds a month.

Ive been trying for find some 30-30 ammo this past month for a rifle I just bought, the prices have been going up since I bought it.. it seems like there's no cheap brands/ammo in stock, it's just the fancier brands with the pointed tip. My local store are sold out also. People stocking up for hunting season?

5 boxes is a lifetime supply? Before the scamdemic I was running through a minimum of 1500 rounds a month.
of 30-30?
either you're running that thing like the intro to the rifleman, or you got a potato digger converted over from krag

WTF shoots 1500 30-30 a month!?:eek:

Are you doing cowboy action shooting or something?

Yes
I use my 30 30 for pa hunting deer season only.
Gun has been sighted in since 1988.
I have gone through 30 rounds since then.
I am 55 years old.
So this should last my lifetime.
I have 30 06 for bear hunting.
For pigs I have thousands of rounds of 300 blk out. 7.62 x 39 a 5.56. Not to mention 6 5 Grendel. 45 act 9mm 357 38

I think I'm good

I'm trying to buy .45 Colt but can't find it for less than well over a buck a round, which is crazy.

Any leads? Am in Arizona.

Yes
I use my 30 30 for pa hunting deer season only.
Gun has been sighted in since 1988.
I have gone through 30 rounds since then.
I am 55 years old.
So this should last my lifetime.
I have 30 06 for bear hunting.
For pigs I have thousands of rounds of 300 blk out. 7.62 x 39 a 5.56. Not to mention 6 5 Grendel. 45 act 9mm 357 38

I think I'm good
Reminds me of a guy who used to hunt on our farm back in the late 80’s. You knew it was him shooting as he would spend his mag tube as fast as he could at a deer and rarely ever hitting one. I think a year or two before he was kicked out in the early 90’s he put a scope on it and that slowed him down. One year he went through three boxes and had to run to town for more ammo :lmao:

Bought a bo
Reminds me of a guy who used to hunt on our farm back in the late 80’s. You knew it was him shooting as he would spend his mag tube as fast as he could at a deer and rarely ever hitting one. I think a year or two before he was kicked out in the early 90’s he put a scope on it and that slowed him down. One year he went through three boxes and had to run to town for more ammo :lmao:
Back in 1990 bought 5 - 5 round boxes of turkey loads.
Used 3 rounds to pattern the mossburg 500.
Have shot 15 turkeys still have 7 rounds to use. Might break down a buy another box.

Top Back Refresh