What's new

66 Mustang GT Restoration

My family business is full service gas stations and we've been doing it since 1955.

Our original location was a Standard Oil depot/gas station and we kept all the old signage and pumps. We still have old oil cans/drums, vintage oil can racks, cash registers, coke machines, etc.

I'm right there with you as far as that hobby goes too.
Wife got me an 8’ Amoco for my birthday.
IMG_2255.jpeg

Well… we cannot get new paint gun to spray clear. Read the entire manual, set everything exactly like it said but it just orange peels like hell. Pops got pissed and went back to his old Devilbliss suction gun (which puts out WAY too much in my opinion) and proceeded to just run the hell out of the clear. We will see how it turns out after many hours of wet sanding and buffing… we are just a couple of amateurs…
IMG_2260.jpeg
IMG_2259.jpeg

Driver’s side lower ready to be reassembled. A lot of these parts are supposed to be bare/quenched steel but I don’t know how to duplicate that nor is this a Shelby so I painted them black.

IMG_2309.jpeg

What size tip are you running? Sometimes you can get away with the larger one used for primer. More often than not, when I've had problems, dropping down a size helped.

Took a couple days off from work this week to tinker. We resprayed the clear on the car body and finally have it where we consider good enough. I’ve been working on small parts restoration, polishing, and buffing…

IMG_2584.jpeg
IMG_2585.jpeg
IMG_2586.jpeg
IMG_2587.jpeg
IMG_2588.jpeg

Gas cap has some putting in the chrome and not sure I’m gonna reuse but I polished and am repainting the letters for reasons unknown. Probably will buy a replacement.
IMG_2592.jpeg

My shit to restore shelf is getting bare. Almost time for reassembly

IMG_2589.jpeg
IMG_2590.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2592.jpeg
    IMG_2592.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
I love seeing the update notifications for this thread when I log on.

Keep up the good work. Slow and steady is winning the race!
We are almost to the reassembly stage which should go much faster. I just bought all the weatherstripping, gaskets, etc for the body and have basically run out of small parts to restore. The engine is the last thing we have left to do.

Top Back Refresh