What's new

33 Chevy

That interior door stuff is very time consuming, with out much satisfaction when your done.

I really would consider changing the exhaust. My friend has a T bucket and he almost never drives it because of the noise. You only like it for a couple minutes when your driving in to the car show.

Nother project, nother build thread. Yea!

I have baffles packed with ceramic muffler packing in each header. On the outside it's actually not that loud. Well, it's loud, but not open header loud. On the inside, it was WAY loud, the entire body was like a drum. Seriously, it was louder inside than outside. I'll see how loud it is on the inside once it's all done. worst case, I'll cork the back of the header and run pipes under the truck and out the back. We'll see. :laughing:

Yeah, interior door, and under dash stuff, I hate. hah! Actually no. I hate under dash stuff. Door stuff, I just mildly dislike. :lmao:

Badass project man, thanks for sharing! It makes me want to pick up the 46 chevy project I was offered at work the other day. I work in aircraft, so projects have to wait. I am just hoping he doesnt end up giving me an offer thats too good to pass up. :lmao:

I'm learning a lot working on these old vehicles. The 32 Ford that I'll be bringing home next week is even more different than the Chevy (the chevy has already been worked on a bunch, with modern parts in it here and there). The Ford is mostly original, and some of it I'm looking at it like "What am I looking at!?" haha! So I'll be researching all of that :smokin:

Pick up that 46! Those are great looking vehicles :smokin:

Trying to get something done every night after work.

I got the driver side door skin and sound deadener tonight. The doors are done, and sound solid when knocking on them, this will do nicely :)

On a side note, what can I put on these aluminum pieces to keep fingerprints and such from making marks? I don't really care about looking perfect, but it bothers me that every time I touch them, it leaves a mark.

33Chevy_059.jpg

33Chevy_060.jpg

Last edited:
That was my plan. No real thought out reason though.

As I understand it, this will not be a garage queen. I think I would paint, powder or anodize. If not, I guess polish. You can probably find lots of polish stuff on the Aircraft Spruce site.

As I understand it, this will not be a garage queen. I think I would paint, powder or anodize. If not, I guess polish. You can probably find lots of polish stuff on the Aircraft Spruce site.

Nah, definitely not a garage queen or show truck. A clear anodize would be nice though!

A bit more work on the transmission crossmember.

I'll cut off the excess once I know exactly where the mount will be, and then gusset the plates.

Also made room for the Ford. It will be tight, but I can still work I think.

33Chevy_061.jpg

33Chevy_062.jpg

33Chevy_063.jpg

I picked up the 32 Ford Truck. I have almost all the parts here, including the radiator, grill, fenders and everything else shown here. Not sure when I'll get to working on it, or what my plan for it is. But it's here. :smokin:

33Chevy_064.jpg

33Chevy_065.jpg

33Chevy_066.jpg

33Chevy_067.jpg

33Chevy_068.jpg

Last edited:
Got to admit, it's cool just sitting there waiting. It will really be cool to be driving those in 12-13 years.

I won't clog the Chevy thread with the Ford, but I put the fenders, hood, and grill/radiator on, and I like it. I think I'll run it with fenders on. It looks like an old Grandpa farm truck with the headlights high up and far apart, haha!

I'll do something different with the headlights and front bumper, the headlights should be lower, closer together, and larger :smokin: But, everything fits. I'll leave it alone for now, and get back to the Chevy.

BTW, everything in this thread is all real time, this isn't old reposted shit from PBB.

32Ford_001.jpg

32Ford_002.jpg

32Ford_003.jpg

32Ford_004.jpg

32Ford_005.jpg

Last edited:
Got the steering mocked up, pretty good angles on everything, steepest angle is about 25 degrees or so. I did get it all in place, and it steers very easy, but for got to take a photo.

I also earlier in the week almost finished the transmission mount crossmember, I just want to add on a few gussets, just because.

I also got a start on modifying the frame that the radiator sits in, and that the grill shell bolts to. It was sitting 2" to high (due to the new crossmember sitting higher than the original one). Hopefully I'll have that all finished by this weekend, then might have time to bolt on the accessories and belts, fill it with fluids and break in the camshaft. We'll see how far I get.

33Chevy_069.jpg

33Chevy_070.jpg

Last edited:
For the fuel lines, I need to transition from hard line to soft line in a few places. I did somewhat of a 1/2 bubble flare on the ends of the lines, I think that will make a good seat for the soft line to clamp down on to. :-)

33Chevy_071.jpg

Last edited:
finished changing up the radiator frame, it all fits together :)

I'm working on fitting the hood, pondering a few ways to attach the lower parts of the hood while keeping it easy to remove.

33Chevy_075.jpg

33Chevy_074.jpg

33Chevy_073.jpg

Last edited:
Looks nice. Are you gonna have a crank handle in case the battery goes dead. Hey-hey.

Hood pins up tight with teflon washer for rubbing/noise?

I'm probably going to end up bolting the lower parts of the hood at the front and rear, to the radiator support and the lower part of the cowl/firewall. With wingnut type fasteners that can be removed without tools.

There will be rubber strips inbetween the hood and the body, so hopefully that should keep it quiet. If I wanted some sort of constant tension spring hook (like on old jeep hoods), there's room for me to do that on the rear of the hood, but no good place on the front.

You can see that the hood wants to be straight, but the body and radiator curve inwards.

1/4 turn would look a lot cleaner than a wing nut. Or go full retard with some sort of little door latch striker setup to keep it hidden.

Since I have to make new mounts for the headlights because they were previously mounted on top of the shock towers (which are gone), I figure I might as well play around with the placement of lights.

First photo chop is approximately where they used to be, centerline outside of the frame rails. Second photo chop is about 1/2 a headlight lower, and a few inches farther inward with the centerline on the center of the frame rails.

These are pretty large headlights, they are Ford "commercial truck" headlights, about 9" wide. They are forward of the grill shell, so no problems moving them inward.

I'm leaning towards lower and closer together, or somewhere splitting the difference. Any opinions?

I'm aware that lower headlights don't cast light quite as far down the road.

33Chevy_076.jpg

33Chevy_077.jpg

Last edited:
Ditch the lights and get a light bar :flipoff2:
But I do like the first photochop better.

I like them higher, but it is your ride. I like the quarter turn fastener idea for the hood too, that would work good and look good.

Top Back Refresh